Friday, July 9, 2010

your prayers


Lettie has had a few tough hours tonight. When the nurse comes in to check the feeding tube or her temp Lettie is waking into what I guess is a focal seizure. Her eyes start into rhythmic twitches is the best I can explain it, but it hasn't gone into what I would call a full spasm. This last time she remained awake for an hour or two and I have been standing there beside her. She is having difficulty with a lot of mucus in her throat making her breathing strained. I have felt the presence of our God in the room all night. Your prayers are felt in this room. Lettie has looked at me several times tonight and felt like I could understand her confused thoughts. I love her so much.
pic- just another pre-op pic
Mark

20 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for Lettie, for her breathing to ease and for healing. So sorry her breath is strained, I know that's hard to bear. Blessings to your family.

    Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each new moment our Lord will give you and Summer the strength and peace to get thru the day! Many prayers are upholding each of you. We praise His name for his presence with you. Thank you, Jesus! Specifically, may our God touch Letties little body with his mighty powerful healing touch to STOP her seizures! "Call upon ME in your day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:15 Our love & prayers to you......

    ReplyDelete
  3. julia stutts kingJuly 9, 2010 at 7:18 AM

    Psalm 34.4 I called upon the Lord, He answered me, and took away my fear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh guys...I feel so helpless as we all do. But all of your "Prayer Warriors" are praying without ceasing for this precious baby doll and all of you. The love you have for that sweet girl is so evident that I cry every time I read your posts...We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh guys...I feel so helpless as we all do. But all of your "Prayer Warriors" are praying without ceasing for this precious baby doll and all of you. The love you have for that sweet girl is so evident that I cry every time I read your posts...We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer and Mark

    Still praying for your little girl and your whole family. Sometimes God just wants us to stand still and let him work...I believe he his working through your little Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many people praying for Lettie and you guys that don't even know you. Lettie has touched many, many people and so has your faith. I know God is holding her in his hands through all of this. I have prayed more for Lettie and her healing than ever before. She is a blessing to us all.

    LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Rst in the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act" Psalm 37:7 (LB) Many times I have held to this verse throughout my adult life. The word for "wait" is an active verb so while you are waiting you are doing what needs to be done. That "wait patiently" bit is so very very tough.I have pleaded with the Lord this morning on your behalf. Oh Lord, we are trying to wait patiently and through our tears we praise you. May this day be a day that Lettie will amaze the doctors there so they will also know your love and presence. Please help her to breathe easier, clear her chest, and steady her eyes. May the medicines be just right. Wipe away our tears with praise and joy. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth Britton BoringJuly 9, 2010 at 9:02 AM

    Mark & Summer
    Just a note to let you know that I love you. My family is praying for your family. My words seem inadequate, but I know my love and prayers are not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Hear my prayer, O Lord: let my cry for help come to You. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly." psalm 102:1-2.
    I was thinking this morning about how throughout scripture God has come to the rescue of the defenseless. He has a special love for those who cannot defend themselves. I think Lettie would fall into that category.
    praying and waiting with you....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little Lettie is in terrible shape with the ongoing seizures and her white count spiraling out of control. I ask specifically that you attack both of these problems today and bring healing to her little body. Give her the strength she needs to fight this battle! She’s just a little girl that cannot speak so you speak for her! Let everyone that comes into contact with her feel your holy spirit surrounding her and her family. Let that room be a testimony to your power and your strength! Touch lives in your name Jesus! You are Jehovah Raffia the God that heals! I ask this in your name and believing by faith that you can do this! Be with Mark & Summer. I know they feel helpless as they watch every move that Lettie makes! Overshadow them with your mercy and grace and give them strength & courage to face this ongoing battle. It’s not going to be over anytime soon and they are weary they are separated from their family, friends and church and Satan is attacking on every hand. Put a hedge of protection around them from the fiery darts of the enemy. You renew their spirit so that they feel your presence like a warm blanket on a cold night. You alone can do that Lord! Hold this entire family in the palm of your hand and encourage them every minute of the day. I have been there and heard the discouraging words from the dr. They don’t have the final say, GOD YOU DO! I CAN DO ALL THINGS THRU CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME! Phil 4:13

    Kim & Anthony Brewer
    Northstar family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still praying like crazy and have many people in Georgia praying for you, too. Your faith is amazing and you guys are such an inspiration to my family. I just know God is wrapping his loving arms around Lettie!
    Sarah Julian Napier

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayed for Lettie @ 2am this morning. God's mighty hand is on her & his angels are encamped around her & you. I pray God will give Drs keen discernment & wisdom. Praying the best infection control Dr is consulted & is able to quickly & accurately identify the problem/cause of elevated WBC & appropriately treat it. Praying for GOD'S healing!! Lord we KNOW that You are able & we lay Lettie @Your feet& ask that you heal her. In His Love,Lisa Cleland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted you to know that Lettie is being prayed for in Murfreesboro. Ever since I read about Lettie, I have been continually praying for her to be healed and for you, her parents, to have strength and peace through this journey. I know that God is with you and he'll never leave your side. Your faith will get you through this, so please stay encouraged. Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I read your post today, one of our favorite songs came to mind - its called Still by Hillsong.

    Find rest my soul, in Christ alone. Know His power in quietness and trust. When the oceans rise and thunders roar, I will soar with you above the storm. Father you are king over the flood. I will be still and know you are God.

    Praying for you all today, and that you will have peace and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just thinking, Lettie has so many people praying, there is probably not a single moment of the day that a prayer is not going up. Wow! <>< Leah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer & Mark, I have put little Lettie on several prayer lists and prayer chains with co workers here at the City of Alcoa. I havent seen you, Summer since high school and you are just a pretty as ever. Please know that I am praying that God lays his healing hands on your little angel and that he keeps giving you and your husband endless strength and faith.
    Amy Turner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't been near a computer in a few days, and know that it has been hard not knowing what is going on. Just know that I have kept a prayer on my heart. Keep your faith and "stand still and let God move" Always in my thoughts. Stacy Britton

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mark, I will ask my church to pray for her tomorrow. Me and my wife will also be praying for her. May our Saviour grant you peace and strength to bar this load! Plz email me if you would like to talk @ revtonycansler@yahoo.com

    Pastor Tony Cansler

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jo Britton StakelyJuly 10, 2010 at 11:39 PM

    Mark, Know that we love you and are praying for you and your family. Jo Britton Stakely

    ReplyDelete