Sunday, July 11, 2010

Worst seizure yet

Just had a bad seizure. They seem to be getting progressively more like they were prior to surgery. We have requested neurosurgery to come to the room. We are confused as to why the left side of her body (which doesn't move post surgery) is now seizing! At this point on the surface what we have gained from surgery is nothing. Our sweet Lettie can't move her left side, is not cognitively where she was before surgery, can't see to the left with either eye, and is beginning to have more seizures that look more and more like they did prior to surgery.

27 comments:

  1. Oh Summer- we are praying non-stop for sweet Lettie to be healed completely. Praying also for strength for you & your family. You all are never off my mind & heart.

    LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying Psalm 91 over sweet Lettie now. Trusting that He who made her has wonderful plans for her. Praying also for understanding for the doctors and parents.

    amanda galeotti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer,
    I thought about you all, all through our church service this morning. The pastor preached Psalm 23. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and heartache you are going through right now. But God is with you all in this deep valley! You and Mark have a faith and love for the Lord like none I have ever seen! Lettie and Jack and Cooper are so blessed to have such sweet, loving parents. I am praying for you, all day every day! I wish there was something more I could say or do to ease this time for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. today at church Scott gave an update on Lettie. Then called us all to come pray at the altar for her. It moves me to tears everytime seeing the body come and intercede on your families behalf. Powerful and the hoards of people come. This precious girl you have is being lifted up so much.

    My hubby Jon and I went to the altar to pray. God prompted and put Overcomer on my heart. So I prayed Lettie would be an overcomer. Then the next song we sang the words were
    "All authority, every victory is yours. We will overcome. By the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony. Everyone overcome." WOW. I was blown away and have felt that this whole journey is apart of her and your families testimoines. To tell the world and be a witness of HIS glory.

    There are a couple people that are my friends on FB that are not believers but are in the prayer for Collete group and posting updates to their pages about Lettie. She could be leading people to HIM. She is a witness of HIS glory and presence. How many nurses or Dr.'s are touched so much that they come to a crisis of belief.

    Melissa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not fear for I am with you. Do NOT be afraid for I am your God. I will strenthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my mighty and righteous right hand.

    This is and incredibly challenging time for you and your family. Focus on the truth and do not lean on what we know or understand. God will see you through. I am with you in prayer continually and have added you to the caringbridge site where thousands have been added to the list of prayer warriors supporting your precious little baby and family. Colette will be made whole!

    The Johnson Party of Seven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying everyday for Lettie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ashamed to say I have neglected my faith for the last year. My attitude was my previous years of devotion was "enough".
    After following your recent journey and seeing the overwhelming love you have for both Lettie and Our Lord, I ache again for that burning love in my heart. Today I am recommitting myself and my family to Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord, be with Lettie and her parents during this hard time. Lay your healing hands on Lettie and take these seizures away. Lord, allow her to have full use of the left side of her body and complete and perfect vision. Lord, guide and direct each doctor and nurse that enters her room that they will have the wisdom to make the correct decisions concerning Lettie's medical needs. Lord, we know that nothing is impossible with you. You can move mountains and part the sea, and you can absolutely heal this precious little girl. Thank you Lord for all the many blessings you've already given to this family, they have so much faith, Lord, please give them the complete healing of their sweet Lettie. In your most perfect name Lord. Amen. V. Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Brittons,

    We are praying for you all...for miraculous healing for Lettie and great faith for your family. Remember the great woman of Shunem from 2 Kings 4? She said to her husband, "It shall be well" when her son lay dead on Elisha's bed. Elisha then came and raised her son to life. I pray that God gives you the faith of this Shunemite woman...faith that sees only God in spite of circumstances...

    Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.--Jeremiah 33:3

    The Casting Crowns song, 'I'll Praise you in this Storm' spoke so much to us regarding the waiting time for our son Elijah's healing... maybe it will speak to you, as well...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

    Praying much,
    Abbie Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  10. God-We come to you again asking for your hand over Lettie. You have great things planned for her, this we have faith in. God we know you are our healer, and have faith that you will heal her so that she can tell others of her story and about your healing. Lord, be with Mark and Summer. Give them undying faith and strength. Let your presence be known there in that hospital room and let everyone that are unbelievers feel your presence as well. God be with Lettie and give her rest today. Thank you, Lord for your mercy and grace that never leaves us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are having a special prayer meeting at church at 6:00 PM. We will pray for her there and ask especailly for the elders of the church to pray for her & you & Family. What can I say except don't give up. I am the grandmother of Kathryn (Diane knows) prayer & intercessin can do miracles. Jesus is sitting at the throne of God our Father Almighty & He is interceding for you and Lettie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just praying...and remembering to praise Him at all times for you. I feel your frustration and as a mom, I can sense your anguish over your decision. Please Lord, I pray, they do not forget the peace they felt about their decision to have the surgery...that You led them to this point, and will lead them beyond this point! God, in the name of Jesus I'm just praying Your perfect will be done this moment in Lettie. Please Lord give them immeasurable peace! Give them the endurance right now to stay this course You have set them on. We are all praying fervently in the name above all names: JESUS! amen.

    Psalm 57:1-3 "Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me, He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me, God sends his love an this faithfulness."
    Loving you from Knoxville. Praying for you and believing today for His miracle in Lettie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No mountain, no valley, no gain no loss can keep us from Your love. Healing is in Your hands. Dear God we cry out to you. In the name of Jesus Christ and the blood of Calvary Satan we bind your hands from the Brittons. No doubt, no despair. Raise them up dearest Lord they need you now more than ever. We love you Father intercede now for Lettie we ask and believe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been aching with you over this turn of events today. There are so many scriptures and thoughts that I hope will be life giving for you. I know that the enemy is probably not whispering.. rather screaming doubt in your ears about the decision for this surgery (If he hasnt yet, he will.. arm yourself for that battle. Resist him and he WILL flee from you). The first that comes to mind is..
    -Proverbs 16:9 "A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps."
    -Psalm 119:32 "I run in the path of your commands.."
    -Isaiah 58:11 "The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."
    I know the enemy will try anything to distract you from searching for truth..but just look at all of these comments. Everyone is giving you the truth when you are weary and might not have the strength to search the scriptures for it. Claim them, hold tight to these truths!! Something that has always been so helpful and powerful for Rob and myself has been just reading Psalms aloud over each other when we are having difficult times. Reading Psalms over sweet Lettie will bring her precious soul rest. I am going to pray some of Psalm 31 & 86 over you all now..
    In you, O LORD, Summer and Mark have taken refuge; never let them be put to shame; deliver them in your righteousness. Turn your ear to them, come quickly to their rescue; be their rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save them. Since you are their rock and fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide them...They will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw their affliction and knew the anguish of their souls. You have not (and will not) hand them over to the enemy..Be merciful to the Brittons, O LORD, for they are in distress. their eyes grow weak with sorrow, their souls and bodies with grief.. their strength fails bc of these afflictions..Hear, O LORD, and answer them..Have mercy on them, O LORD, for they call to you all day long. Bring joy to the Brittons Jesus, for to you, O LORD, they have lifted up their souls!! Hear these prayers O LORD, listen to these cries for mercy. In the days of their trouble, Lord, they have called to you, for you will answer them!! Grant strength to your servants..ps 20..May the Lord answer you when you are in distress, may the name of the God of Jacob protect you! Ps 5.. give ear to our words, O LORD, consider our sighing. Listen to our cries for help, our Kind and our God, for to you we pray. In the morning, O LORD, you hear our voices; in the morning we lay our requests before you and wait in expectation.ps 17 Lord Jesus, Summer and Mark have taken refuge in you.. show them your wonderous lovingkindness.
    -Romans 15:13 "May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and PEACE as you trust in Him; so that you may OVERFLOW WITH HOPE by the power of the Holy SPirit.
    -Mark 9:23 "EVERYTHING is possible for him who believes."
    Do not give up hope, stand on the truth of Gods word when you have nothing else to hope on. It is truth and will never change!! Healing is possible through Jesus Christ for sweet Lettie.. we will never stop believing and praying and lifting you all up.
    Numbers 11:23 "Is the Lord's power limited? Now you shall whether my word will come true for you or not."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for Lettie and your family. God has a plan for you all. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. Psalm 23:4

    ReplyDelete
  17. The weirdest thing... I just "liked" The Bible on Facebook and this is the scripture it then showed me:

    Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. Psalm 23:4

    You guys are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Marisa Lykins is who brought you all to my heart. Sweet Lettie weighs on my mind throughout the day and night and I ask God to keep you still, give you faith, and bring you strength.

    In Christ's Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking of you all, my heart goes out to you. Know you our in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are all in our prayers! Our two sons have their own special needs and even though we don't know you we have a common bond in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May you feel His arms of comfort and His promise of healing! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beverly Powell HolleyJuly 11, 2010 at 9:26 PM

    My prayers are with you all. God works in mysterious ways and I know that faith and prayers are going to heal beautiful Letti. Bless you all!
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mark and Summer,
    I have been thinking about you all so much and a friend passed your website on to me. I am Carter's mom, Leslie. He is 1 year post op from an anatomical hemi on the right side. I wanted you both to know that I am here to listen or help in anyway anytime-please feel free to call me. 865-406-8208 please don't hesitate! I remember what it was like and not know if we did the right thing or not. You both are very strong and Lettie is also. She WILL come through this and you all have done everything in your power for her.

    Again, don't hesitate to call! My thoughts and prayers are with your family and expecially Lettie.

    Many prayers and hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mark and Summer,
    You both have been such an inspiration to us. Your undieing Love for Jesus is such as we have never seen before. We learned of Little Lettie from a friend of ours and have been following your story and praying for her every since. We told your brief story to our Sunday School this morning had prayer for her and you both. We know that God is working in your lives through all of this.
    Always remember Ps. 3:4 " I CALL OUT TO THE LORD AND HE ANSWERS ME FROM HIS HOLY MOUNTAIN".

    We will never cease praying for all of you.


    Ron & Penny

    ReplyDelete
  23. praying every day for you guys to have strength & wisdom, and for your sweet Lettie Bug to be healed.... praying continually....
    mitzi mcb.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My heart goes out to all of you.I have been praying for Lettie & for you. I pray that God gives Lettie & your family the strength to keep going.I will continue praying that God will heal Lettie.May God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying everyday for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Praying SO HARD that things are better. Hope you feel our love & prayers surrounding you! Praying,Lisa Cleland

    ReplyDelete
  27. Our whole church is praying for Collette's healing and for your whole family to be strengthened and to have comfort and peace in this difficult situation. One thing is sure, God loves Lettie more than any of us can even understand. We can trust in that love and know that she will always be in His loving hands. What better place could there be?

    ReplyDelete