Saturday, July 10, 2010

Days getting better/Sudden emergency



Today has been good for Lettie. She hasn't had any seizures so far and I hope it stays that way. She seems to be tolerating her ketogenic diet well and took a few small bites of applesauce this afternoon. We owe all these events to God's answered prayers. She is still not "herself" yet but I know we'll get there eventually. She worked with PT well and is really grabbing at toys with her right hand. She loved grabbing at beads and always has so I'm glad to see her doing that. I'm very concerned about the return of her movement on the left side. We knew she would be weak on that side and there was the possibility of foot drop & a helper hand but the drs had said she should have shoulder and elbow movement. I know I just need to be patient with this but I just don't want us to forget to continue to make this a constant prayer request. She is very frustrated that she can't move that side and I feel so bad for her. Overall though, I cannot complain with the way today has gone. We will continue to take days of slow improvement. Maybe we'll get to head to Atlanta sometime next week. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get her to drink from her bottle again. She can't seem to get that sucking rhythm down. I've tried several times but she's just not getting it. If we could get her to drink from her bottle we should be able to discharge the NG tube that's driving her bonkers! Pray for more good days and we will conquer this battle she's been through with the help of answered prayers that are constantly being lifted up for Lettie. Thank you so much for all your spiritual support! That's what has gotten us to this point and will continue to make a miracle happen. Here are some pics of Lettie getting her hair washed and trying to suck her right thumb. She misses that left thumb a lot!
So that was Summer starting the above paragraph about 30 minutes ago. We had to abruptly stop with a seizure in which the left arm moved too (which we think is bad because it hasn't moved til now) Her head has started swelling and a CT scan was immediately taken. The on call physician looked at the CT as it was taken. He said the swelling appears to be outside the skull which is good. Neuro and Neurosurg have been informed. She is asleep now and we will monitor unless one of the neuro teams changes that idea. Please pray for Colette when you read this. We will try to post when we here something different.

12 comments:

  1. Praying right now. God cover Lettie, Summer and Mark with your comfort and peace. Take away any fear. They fully trust you and have commited Lettie to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying...Father God we trust you and we know that you are in control. Please just allow this family to feel your love and may your peace be with them. I pray that you will just give each and every doctor that is taking care of Lettie guidance and direction of how to care for her! I pray for a WONDERFUL night, a restful night and no more seizures!!! I am believing along side this family for a MIRACLE to which you will be given all the credit Lord!! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father God please do a miracle in Colette. I pray that complete healing would take place in her brain Lord. Teach her how to suck that bottle tomorrow Jesus. Please stop the seizures. God, we all ask that you give her movement in every limb of her body. Move her left side for her Lord. THank you for your constant presence in her room. Give her doctors wisdom and give her parents comfort and rest. Be with the whole family as they face this time of challenges and changes. Pull them up on your lap and love on them. Give them peace and let the time pass quickly as they are away from each other in the week to come. Thank you that you are a comforter, healer, provider, and anything we could ever need. In Jesus name I pray all of this. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 Father, we claim this promise that you are with Lettie, Mark, and Summer right now. We claim your strength and comfort of your right hand. Help them to stay close to you to feel your strength. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most Gracious Father, I know without a doubt that you are present in Lettie's hospital room. We thank you for for the improvement that has taken place with Lettie, especially that she has been more alert in the last few days and that we see her with her eyes open and sitting up. Father, I pray that You will touch her precious body and heal her. Father, I pray that Lettie's parents will soon see that her seizures have stopped and begin to see signs of movement in her left side. Most Holy One, please remove the swelling and we pray to you that all of Lettie's test results come back with a positive outcome. Father, I pray that you will bring comfort to Lettie's young body. And, Merciful Father, I pray for energy, strength, comfort and peace for Mark and Summer, especially as they are separated in the coming week. Father, we love you and we praise you! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying, believing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo Britton StakelyJuly 10, 2010 at 11:42 PM

    Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
    Joshua 1:9

    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? IF GOD IS FOR US WHO CAN BE AGAINST US? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all- how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is He that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died- more than that, who was raised to life- is at the right hand of God and is also INTERCEDING FOR US. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecuation or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, IN ALL THESE THINGS, WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM WHO LOVED US. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, not any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    Romans 8:28-39
    Yes and Amen. So be it, Lord!!!!!! I love you guys so much.
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still praying for Lettie's healing - movement on her left side, being able to take her bottle, no more seizures, comfort, Summer and Mark peace, doctors guidance. Knowing God hears and answers prayers.
    Sue Ann Lingerfelt

    ReplyDelete
  10. John 13:9 ".. Lord, then wash not only my feet, but my hands and my head.."

    Jesus, I pray Lord that you would wash Lettie's entire left side with your precious blood spilled out for her. I pray also, Lord that you would wash her sweet head in the name and power of Jesus in protection against seizures. And Lord, you say in your word that you will supply all of our needs according to the GLORIOUS riches in Christ, please Lord, supply the needs Lettie has for freedom from seizures, supply her need for daily bread and help her to suck well from her bottle. Come quickly, Lord. Save her from this, Lord. Please bring your spirit to Mark and Summer to protect and watch over their hearts as they endure this trial. Reward them with the riches of your grace for the faithfulness they have shown you. Do not allow the enemy to make them feel guilty for any emotion they might have, but rather redeem them from the pit as you have called them to be yours! Let all their emotions that they cry out before you be pleasing in that they are giving you their hearts. Be pleased, O Lord to deliver Lettie, Mark and Summer; make haste, O Lord to help them (Ps 40:13). Restore and redeem this family, Lord Jesus, we cry out to you for deliverance for them. Save them from these troubles quickly, Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am Praying continuously for y'all . Continuing to pray God uses the Drs & nurses as an instrument of HIS healing. Praying God gives Drs Keen discernment & wisdom in diagnosing & treating Lettie. Praying PROTECTION over Lettie.Psalm 121:1-3 & 7-8 "I lift my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord,the Maker of heaven & earth. He will not let your foot slip--HE WHO WATCHES OVER YOU WILL NOT SLUMBER. The Lord will keep you from harm--He will watch over your life;the Lord will watch over your coming & going both NOW & forevermore. " Lord we are pleading w/You on behalf of Lettie,Mark & Summer that you will Heal Lettie. Lord may Your will be done. We Praise You & we acknowledge that YOU are the Great Physician. We trust in YOU & you alone for You are worthy to be praised. You inhabit the praises of Your people Lord & we Praise You in the midst of this battle Lord for Precious Lettie's healing. We ask that You continue to post Your angels in Lettie's room & around her. "O Lord,I say to You,"You are my God. " Hear,O Lord,my cry for mercy. O Sovereign Lord,my STRONG DELIVERER, WHO SHIELDS (LETTIE'S) HEAD in the day of battle"Psalm 140:6-7 In His Love~Lisa Cleland, Montgomery,Al

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first thing I noticed when I saw this picture of Colette sucking her thumb was the Peace/Victory sign she was making with her little fingers. It was a comforting feeling. We know that there is victory in Jesus. He is all powerful and can do all things. I'm praying right now that He will touch little Colette's body and give her the victory. That He will heal her little body completely and free her from seizures. Our Sunday School lesson this morning was about David and Goliath and my mind immediately went to your situation. Little David couldn't walk with the big heavy armor that Saul put on him but when he took it off and put on the armor of God he was able to stand against the Philistine giant and win the battle. Mark & Summer, you probably feel like you're facing a giant. I'm praying for God to give you strength and courage to face this giant and with His help win the battle. Praying that God will wrap his arms of love around all of you and give you peace, comfort and rest. Also praying for all the things you've mentioned that Colette needs prayer for.
    BTW, Colette is a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!

    ReplyDelete