Friday, July 16, 2010
changing antibiotics and more tests
The infectious disease doctors requested more tests this evening. Lettie got a CT scan of her chest, abdomen, and left leg. They are changing her antibiotics to ampicillin and gentomycin because they target the UTI more specifically than the broad range Antibiotics she is currently on. These changes are part of their investigation into what is going on. Lettie had a 103 degree fever late afternoon. She seems to be getting a fever every time the tylenol wears off. We are busy all day with doctors, tests, vitals, meds, and the ketogenic diet. We rarely are sitting, so please forgive us when it's a long time between posts. We appreciate all of you more than we can express. Please pray for clear answers and that the right meds will rid her of this infection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like the doctors are working hard. Praying for clear answers and complete recovery. Lettie and you all are in my prayers. If you need anything, let me know. Donna
ReplyDelete"Then your light shall break forth like the dawn, and healing shall spring up quickly." Isaiah 58:8
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to share with you this scripture b/c as I sat and read this, my heart and thoughts automatically turned to your family. God, through this verse, was directing me to share this with you. I once heard a preacher say "for every valley that we find ourselves walking through, know that there's a blessing waiting at the end of that valley." Indeed, your blessing will be the great works of our Lord Jesus! Your continually in our prayers and thoughts as you are with so many others as well! We are praying for little Colette and your family!
April Wilkins Gahanza
Continuing to pray for Lettie and for the doctors to be able to figure out what is going on and the best way to treat it.Thank you so much for all the updates you are able to give to us and for allowing us the blessing of being able to pray for you all~
ReplyDeleteWe are praying fervently. & love all of you.
ReplyDeleteLeaAnne Dollar
"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for her and you guys that you will come home soon. She will be as strong as she can be when she sees the same in you. Love, Faith, Family and Friends will take you to the brighter side of hill. Danny, Dina, Marcia, and Bill Long
ReplyDeleteOur prayers and our love are with you all.
ReplyDeleteI was led to your blog tonight by a friend on Facebook. I couldn't stop reading your posts. I wanted to tell you that I had an "Angel of God" call me when my son was in ICU as an infant with RSV...and things were critical and the Dr's were without answers. She told me that God asked her to call me, He wanted me to know my baby would be okay and That He was the great healer and that I shouldn't lose faith or hope. The next day, he began to improve....and now he is going to be 20 next month. I am so sorry for what you are going through...and for what Lettie is going through. But you and your entire family are in my prayers and will be every night. Thank you for sharing your faith and story with all of us.
ReplyDeletemy little girl is almost two and she has to be on a prophylactic antibiotic because the little caps that stop urine from flowing back into her kidneys don't close properly. Her pediatrician did a sensitivity test to see which antibiotic the bacteria causing her infections was most sensitive to. Surpisingly it was Septra which, apparently, is not usual. I hope they did a sensitivety test on Lettie's cultures so they could zero in on most effective antibiotic. I check you posts everyday. I am praying for Lettie's swift recovery. Your situation weighs heavy on my heart. My family and I send Lettie and your family prayers and love in this time of trouble. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI was also led to your blog though facebook. My husband and our 4 children have prayed for you and Lettie every night. I am so blessed by your constant faithful spirit. I can not imagine what wonderful ways God has been able to use you through your testimony. You are constantly in our prayers!!
ReplyDeletePraying for your sweet little girl daily!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a wonderful and diligent mom that we all know when you don't post for a while, you are caring for Lettie with all your might. So we continue to pray and hope that brings good news. I pray you get some answers, the fever clears, the new meds work, NO seizures, and Lettie begins to make even greater progress. I pray for strength and comfort for you, Mark, and your family and wisdom and clear insight for the doctors and anyone involved in Lettie's care. I hope you guys have a restful and uneventful night (even with those vitals checks every 4 hrs to wake you up! :)
ReplyDeleteGod's blessings and peace be with you!
Oh Summer, please please don't worry about us not getting posts from you! Just know that when a post is absent.. the saints are praying THAT MUCH HARDER bc we know you are being kept away bc Lettie needs you in some way or another. Rest in that.
ReplyDeletePhillipians 1:19-20 "..for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that (summer and mark).. will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted.."
(btw.. I had some typos in my last comment.. I should prob proofread before hitting publish : ) I meant Jesus was NOT happy and joyful under the burden of the cross, he was in anguish and fully God and He certainly wouldn't expect a human to be able to handle pain better than him)
Romans 8:26-27 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, bc the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."
WOW! Summer and Mark.. the spirit is moving the saints in, accordance with Gods will, for how to pray for Lettie.. and we are all moved to pray for healing. he leads us to pray for His provision to further glorify Himself in answering it and showing Himself true to His word. PRAYING RELENTLESSLY! Praying for a night pf peace and rest for all three of you. Love- Jordan
Praying for your family and sweet Lettie!
ReplyDeleteCandy Bledsoe Ward
Mark & Summer,
ReplyDeleteWe have been following your blog daily and praying specific prayers for your precious baby and family. Place your hope in his great wisdom and eternal love. Rest in the knowledge that his intention for YOU is always good!
"I truly believe I will live to see the LORD's goodness." Psalm 27:13
I believe the Lord has led me to read your blogs tonight. All I know is that we serve a God who can do anything! I pray right now that God cover your daughter with the blood of Jesus from the top of head to to the soles of her feet. That the Lord intervenes right now in a mighty way. Lord, make a way where there seems to be no way and be their refuge and strength. In Jesus' name, amen.
ReplyDeleteYour sister in Christ,
Marjan
Up late & wanted to check on Lettie. Praying right now for her & for you. I can't imagine how physically tired & emotionally drained you must be. I'm praying God will continue to sustain & strengthen you. Praying you & Lettie are able to get some rest tonight after the night you had last night & the exhausting day of tests today. I'm so thankful ID was consulted (direct answer to prayer!).ID tends to be very aggressive in leaving no stone unturned to get to the bottom of things & very aggressive w/treatment. Praying diligently for God to heal Lettie! Lisa C
ReplyDelete"When God is about to do something great, He starts with a difficulty. When He is about to do something truly magnificent, He starts with an impossibility." Armin Gesswein
ReplyDeletePenny Parker