Mark's parents returned yesterday evening. We only had one brief seizure yesterday, it was about 10 seconds long! That is amazing. Mark & I were able to go outside the hospital and get some dinner and it was great! We had reserved a hotel room for his parents but Lettie seemed to be ok so we took the hotel room and got to sleep in a real bed! Now that was amazing! Last night she ate her food well and, thank the Lord, drank her bottle! It took over an hour, but I don't care cause all we have is time!
Today has been good. No seizures so far and her urinalysis came back negative so the she is responding well to the new antibiotics. The ID team came in and said she could move to oral antibiotics this afternoon, so this means no more IV! Praises, please just keep coming! Neuro was pleased with her as well and so as long as everything stays stable we plan on going to Atlanta Thursday morning. I honestly never thought that day would come. We plan on doing a swallow test today or tomorrow to make sure she isn't aspirating any liquids. Pray, Pray, Pray for an awesome day and that all stays stable with her so we can move on from here and get on the road to recovery. I plan on heading to Knoxville tonight to visit with Jack & Coop tonight and tomorrow and I'll head back here on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. Mary and Paul with be here with Lettie so she's in loving and protective hands! This is starting off to be a great week and I owe it all to the faith I have in my God and the constant prayers that are continuously going up for Lettie. She is so special and I am so happy she is moving forward.
PS...Thank you soooo much to Jennifer Dacus (and her mother) for the gowns she made for Lettie. They are Perfect!
Halleluja!!! Praising God with you!!! Praying continues with a heart of thankfulness, gladness, humility, joy, expectation, praise, and LOVE!!!! She looks as beautiful as ever! So thankful to hear such a great report today! Much LOVE!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so overwhelmed with joy when I see this sweet picture! So excited for you all! It must be an amazing feeling to see a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you Lord for all of the tiny miracles that you are making happen slowly but surely! I pray that all of the miracles be they big or small keep happening! Still praying continuously and believing that Lettie will be 100% in the near future! She is so special and has made such an impact ALL over this community! You all are an amazing and special family and I thank you for allowing us to share in this life changing experience!
ReplyDeleteYOu all don't know me but I have been following your posts on a regular basis and we do have a friend in common. I have been praying day and night for your sweet child to recover and for God to lay his hands on this child and heal her. I am so happy to hear that you all will be moving onto the next phase of this process. I have been sharing your story with my husband and my children and we will all continue to pray for you Lettie and your family. God Bless and just know how much your child has touched our lives.
ReplyDeletePraise God!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome News Summer!! So glad Lettie has progressed enough for you to be able to spend time with Jack & Cooper. (everytime I look at Cooper I'm reminded of a fun trip from Canada that Nanny really enjoyed!!) My love and prayers are continually with you! Kim Rose Wells
ReplyDeleteSummer, what awesome news!! God is great! Lettie looks so awake & alert in this photo!! I'm so happy she took her bottle! Praise Jesus! We will continue to pray for blood flow to the thalamus, no seizures & more good bottle feeding. Have a safe trip going back & forth. We love you all. LeaAnne Dollar
ReplyDeleteI have been coming to Northstar for awhile and have heard about this journey you are on. Over the last couple weeks, during service an overwhelming prayer experience takes place in the sanctuary as people kneel and lie at the altar praying to our gracious God for a miracle. I, too, have been praying for God to allow her to simply drink from a bottle and for the bloodflow to pick up in her body. Reading this today, affirms that God is alive and still performing miracles. I will continue to pray that God will allow Lettie to have a good swallow test and that you all can make your way on to Atlanta. You're family and story has made such an impact on my life and I'm sure in the lives of others. God is good and faithful, as always and to Him be the Praise! Thank you for Lord for your healing and providing.
ReplyDeletePraying for you.
My GOD is a true GOD,True living GOD. Praise his HOLY name. Thanks be to GOD. This last two photos ran cold chills over me. I feel as close to LETTIE BUG as I do to anyone. Lankford
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to see you all this weekend and to see how much Lettie is improving.I left the hospital Thanking God for all he has already done. Our God is so GOOD! and i am still praying for a miracle for Lettie, Nothing is impossible with GOD!!
ReplyDeleteMy sister Becky and her friend Holly thought you all were so sweet, you all touch so many lives.
Love and Lots of Prayer, Valorie Fortuna
Summer this is great news! I have dug out pictures of our years at cheerleading camp. They are hilarious! Lettie will love them:)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to have read this. Thank goodness we dont have a PA system here at work or I would have read the good news!
This is a true blessing for everyone especially "princess Lettie"
Amy
This is awesome! All praises to God! The photo of Lette is so sweet. She is adorable. I am from Sweetwater but live in Knoxville as well and me and my five year old daughter Ariah have been following your blog for weeks now. Yesterday at church Ariah raised her hand for prayer for Lette. It was so sweet to see a little 5 year old girl care so much for someone she has only saw photos of. She asks me every night to read her your blogs so she can see how Lette is doing. God is working all of this out Summer.One day would love to meet you and your family. We will be continouly praying.... My email address is gmayotte@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteyeah, great news. Enjoy your time with Jack and Cooper.
ReplyDeleteSummer and Mark, This is our Amazing God! HE is so AWESOME and I am in tears at the moment. I am so happy and so thankful. Although we've never met in person - I have followed your little Colette/Lettie daily and prayed fervently. You have touched my life and the lives of so many others. God Bless You! Sending lots and lots of love ... East TN
ReplyDeletePraise God! I am so excited! She looks go good in the last photos! I'm glad you get to spend a little time with Jack and Coop.Still praying for a full recovery. Love, Aunt Donna
ReplyDeletePraise God! So excited to hear about the progress. Praying for a great rest of the week, and an uneventful transfer to Atlanta.
ReplyDeletePraise be to God! What an awesome update! I am so happy for Lettie and you! I just love seeing the pictures of her sitting up and alert! I pray things continue to go well!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful for this good news. I am praying that this is just the beginning for Lettie's miracle. I know God loves and sees little Lettie. She is a beautiful child. Thank you for posting these pictures. May God continue to bless you. I will pray for your safe trip home and back. I will also continue to pray for your intentions Summer. Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteThree words says it all - PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!
ReplyDeleteCheryl Ambrister
What awesome news! So glad you will get to go home and spend some time with Jack and Cooper; I'm sure they will be over the moon to have you home if only for a little while. It's wonderful that everything seems to be moving in a positive direction for Lettie!
ReplyDeleteBeth Blanchard :-)
That's so wonderful to see her sitting up!! What a pretty sight to see!!!!! Our Lord is so AWESOME and performs miracles all of the time!!! Good luck with the swallow study. Please post to let us know if there is any aspiration happening. Has your Speech Pathologist discussed possibilities of different sized nipples for the bottle, i.e. slower/faster flow of liquid??? Would be interesting to see what they say! Greg and Andrea
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! God is answering prayers, esp w/ her taking the bottle. Just awesome! So glad you get to come home and see Jack and Coop. I know they'll be thrilled. Love you guys and continuing to cry out on behalf of little Lettie!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news...now we are believing that the thalamus is getting the proper blood flow like we prayed and that you will be in Atlanta on Thursday to begin PT. She looks absolutely amazing and I know that you all must be so encouraged! We will continue to pray and follow her progress. We look forward to your return to Northstar as a family!!! May God continue to bless and keep you.
ReplyDeleteIn HIS love, Debbie Reeves
Thank you Jesus, that is awesome news!!!! Please know that a mother in Benton, Arkansas has covered your baby with prayers.
ReplyDeleteI haven't posted yet, but my friend Leanne told me about precious Lettie. I read about her and pray for her every day that she heals and has no more problems. Please keep up with the wonderful daily blogs.
ReplyDeleteShe looks so awesome!!! We serve a great big God and he is going to shine through all of this I just know it! I hope you get some well deserved rest time with Jack and Cooper and Mark tonight and tomm. I pray that you all could have some good quality time with each other and that the time at the hospital while you are away will be uneventful!!! Prais eto our God!!
ReplyDeleteI go to Beaver Ridge UMC in Karns and we have a prayer wall outside of the sanctuary where you can write someones name on a piece of paper and tie it to the wall. I just wanted to let you know that next Sun. I'm going to put Lettie's name up there.
ReplyDeleteShe looks like such a doll in her picture. I'm praising God with you! <>< Leah
ReplyDeletePraise Him! Praise Him! Rejoicing in His great love and power!. Still praying. Much love, Linda Kennedy
ReplyDeleteGOD is soooo good! praying, patti brown, knoxville
ReplyDeleteI found the link to your blog on a facebook friend's page (Kara Baumann. We went to Carson Newman together....years ago). She has had a ladybug profile picture for several days now. I'm not sure if you even know her, as I can see your story has found its way into the hearts and homes of many!
ReplyDeleteI just read every word of your blog from beginning to end in one sitting. I simply could not stop reading.
You and your husband are an astounding example of faith!
I have a sweet niece, with a very rare genetic disorder, and each day is new and unexpected (carolinerae.blogspot.com) We don't really know what is in her future, but she just reached her 3rd birthday! She is, as you have said about your Lettie, an amazing instrument of faith and a trooper! Caroline's story reaches so many, and hopefully it is in His name. We always hope that if nothing else, people see His hand in all of this even when it make no sense in our small minds!
You WILL be continually blessed!
Kelly Bolus
Charleston, SC
May God have all the Praise and Glory! The Lord is using this family in more ways than one. By keeping the faith, many others will also be blessed through this. Perhaps even soals saved!!! God Bless the Britton family! Prayers will continue through this journey.
ReplyDeleteMark and Summer,
ReplyDeletePRAISE GOD FOR AN AWESOME REPORT!!!!!!!
OUR GOD IN WONDERFUL WAYS, WE WILL NEVER STOP PRAYING.
IN CHRIST UNDIEING LOVE,
RON AND PENNY
Summer & Mark,
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog all summer. We pray for Lettie everyday (myself, my husband, and our 2-year-old). I can only imagine what you are going through. So good to read today about all of the praises!! We pray they will keep coming!!
Love & prayers to you!
Brooke Dalton Johannsen
Praise the Lord. He is so good to us. Will continue praying for Lettie and her wonderful family. Be safe on your drive home.
ReplyDeletePatti Logan
Knoxville, TN
Awesome news! God is good!
ReplyDeletePraise God!! I will keep all of you in my prayers!!
ReplyDeletePraise the LORD!!! This is such awesome news. I'm so happy for you and Mark. Lettie is a precious little angel. Will continue to pray for you all.
ReplyDeleteAdam Moser
Praise the Lord! Our God is an awesome God... Thank you God! I love you all.
ReplyDeleteThis is the most awesome news I've heard in awhile! Lettie looks so good in this pic! God is so awesome! No tube in her nose, no IV in her arm, and finally taking her bottle and eating well...so many miracles for Lettie! She looks so cute surrounded by her toys. I will continue to pray for her to be healed completely...no more seizures ever, full movement and feeling on her left side, and for her brain to be fully awake and working well. We all love little Lettie so much, and only want the best for her and your family. Still praying for you and Mark to have good days and peaceful nights until Lettie is 100% well. Thank you, Lord, for watching over this sweet baby. Thank you for answering prayers. God is good! Valerie Allen
ReplyDeleteAll praise be to God for the many blessings and answered prayers!! I'm so glad you and Mark got to get some rest in a real bed last night. So glad she is doing so well that you can spend some time at home with Jack and Cooper. God is so good!! He knows what we need and when we need it! Still praying that things continue to go as planned so you can move forward with the healing process and all of you can get back to your normal life at home together. It was so heartwarming to read your blog tonight that she was eating and drinking her bottle along with all the other good reports! She is such a beautiful child. When I look at her pictures I just want to pick her up and squeeze her.
ReplyDeleteDianne Rider
It's 1:50 A. M. and I just spent the last 2.5 hours reading your blog. As I read it my heart ached and tears filled my eyes...what a beautiful child and the faith you have expressed as you met each day trusting in our Lord is so wonderful! It is such a blessing to me to know that you love your child so much and that you love our Lord so much and how you trust Him!!! You must know that as much as you love Lettie He loves her even more! I join you in praising Him for answered prayers and I am praying for your family and I pray for strength for the coming days and I pray if it can be God's will He will heal Lettie's body and give her a long and healthy life!
ReplyDeleteMay you always be as close to God as you are now and may your faith hold strong because we know He is faithful to us!
Thank You Jesus!
Prayerfully,
Darrell Cornett
Summer & Mark,
ReplyDeleteThis is such wonderful news! I'm praying that all continues to go well for Ms. Lettie. I must share the song that's playing in my head: How marvelous, how wonderful! And my song shall ever be; How Marvelous! how wonderful Is my Savior's lover for me!
Penny Parker
I've been following your blog for weeks and praying for you, Lettie, Jack, Cooper & Mark. Thank you for sharing your heart here and inviting us to join you in the Throne Room! His grace IS enough and He is able!
ReplyDelete