Dr. Paolicchi just made rounds and gave me some explanation as to what's going on. She said she doesn't have answers for me but is doing her best to figure this out. From the EEG info that she has seen so far shows that the right side is not working, which is how it should look, but the left side of her brain is in a sleep state. She doesn't know why this happening but it may explain why Lettie is taking so long to make any progress, her brain is sleepy. It may also explain why we are having these same seizures because our seizures occur when she is in the sleep state. Our plan for now is to rule out any kind of infection or increased intracranial pressure that may be causing this so unfortunately we're gonna have to do a lumbar puncture this afternoon. Lettie has flirted with a fever around 99.8-100.6 for awhile now so we need confirmation that it is not an infection. The dilemma we're facing right now is about sedation. We don't want to have to fully sedate her because she's just waking up and her brain is already in a sleepy state. Please pray for answers today that will have a clear and definite cure! I pray this is our turning point and answers will be given to us. Father God, please be with us today during this procedure and allow this to be the positive turning point for Lettie and give the doctors the wisdom they need to find the answer for her.
As I was posting this the resident just came in and said the sedation team can't do it today so we're gonna have to just use ativan. God just answered our prayers for our concern with sedation! Praise our maker..
Summer we are praying now for Lettie during this procedure and for you...and answers to get things back on course for your sweet angel.
ReplyDeleteLeaAnne Dollar
Prayers for you, Lettie, and your family. Strength and knowledge to the doctors. <3
ReplyDeleteDear God please give Lettie a miracle. She is such a special little girl and has been through so much. Give her family something to shout about. Wash away their fears and tears and replace them with smiles and shouts. Only you can do this! We are waiting on you to fix this. There are so many prayers being prayed to you on behalf of Lettie and her family. You know what she needs. Please God! Thank you for listening Lord. Amen!
ReplyDeletePraying the procedure goes well and that you receive some answers.
ReplyDeletePraying for you all during this procedure.
ReplyDelete"Be still and know that I am God"
"Ask and it shall be given to you"
ReplyDeletePraying ernestly!
Summer,
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear some answers may be on the horizon. Lettie is always heavy on my heart, but I think even more because Kaedyn is so close in age. This past Sunday at church we were singing "You Never Let Go" and as we sang the last verse over and over, I couldn't help crying in joy knowing that our God will never let go of your little Lettie and my little Kadie, so I wanted to share the lyrics, but I'm sure they'll be pretty familiar to you:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth
(Chorus)
Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You
Christian lyrics - YOU NEVER LET GO LYRICS - MATT REDMAN
Love you guys!
Lacey & Erik
Summer & Mark - I want you all to know that your Lettie is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I leave your blog pulled up all day and listen to the music as a reminder to pray while I work. My family is also saying prayers for you (my dad, Harold, worked with Paul at Heil for many years).
ReplyDelete"Now to him that is able to do immeasurably more than ALL we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us to him be glory....for ever and ever! Amen." Eph. 3: 20-21
Mark & Summer-
ReplyDeleteThis was my daily devotional today and it touched my heart because that is where Lettie has been, constantly on my heart and in my prayers.
2Thess. v16-17 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage our hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
Praying for Lettie! Lisa C
ReplyDeleteCountless prayers are being lifted up
ReplyDeletefor your Lettie.
Mark and Summer,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for Lettiebug and your whole family. the Lord is good and He will not let you down.
Patti Logan
Knoxville, Tn
Christy and I are praying for healing for Lettie and faith and strength for Summer and Mark. We have also shared Lettie's experience with others. I want to share two encouraging experiences we had while telling others about Lettie.
ReplyDeleteThe first experience occurred right after Lettie’s surgery while traveling in South Carolina. We made a new friend there, and after sensing he was a man after God’s heart we told him about Lettie’s surgery without telling him her medical prognosis. He promised to pray for her and then said not to worry that the brain would compensate and she should have a completely normal life. It turns out he teaches college and was familiar with the procedure. He basically told us not to worry that God was going to take care of things. Right after our trip we stopped to visit neighbors we hadn’t seen for a while. Again we shared Lettie’s story and learned that our neighbor has a friend that she has known since childhood who had the procedure done at a young age (in Canada because it wasn’t yet done in the United States). The woman is now about 35 years old and other than a lack of motor skills in her left hand there is little to show that she had the procedure. Among other things she is an artist and a strong Christian. She lives in Atlanta and when Lettie makes it there for her impatient therapy we hope to arrange a visit.
Let me close by saying that we have been blessed to see the faith that Summer and Mark have displayed through this trial. Some times I think God allows trials just to show non-believers that a person’s heart really does belong to God. It is easy to witness to someone and speak of the way God has blessed you during a time of blessing, but a non-believer is likely to brush it off as just your good fortune or hard work. To continue to witness during a time of prolonged trial to me at least carries far more weight. I don’t know if that is God’s purpose in this trial but I hope your continued faith is causing someone you know to start thinking, “There must be something to this God thing for them to keep demonstrating such faith through this trial.”
We pray that God will bless you beyond measure because of your faithfulness starting with healing for Lettie.
Don & Christy
Romans 13:11 "..The hour has come for (Lettie) to wake up from (her) slumber.."
ReplyDelete(I know Ive posted that verse before, but I thought it was fitting again since seeing that the left side of her brain is in a 'sleepy state'.)
-Jesus, you are the maker of all miracles and we are calling on your power now for Lettie, Lord. God, we praise you because you are sovereign and we KNOW, Lord, that you are working all of this for the Britton's good, but Lord, this is not abundant life for Lettie. You came Jesus to give her life to the full and Im calling on you now to fulfill this promise to her. We are asking you Lord, the limitless God through whom ALL THINGS are possible, that you would give sweet Lettie's brain LIFE TO THE FULL as you have said in your word that you came to do. I know that the cries of praise coming from broken, hurting hearts bring you immense amounts of glory. Just as you blessed that latter part of Job's life more than the first, I pray you would do the same for the Britton family..
James 5:11 "As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy."
You have allowed this great time of trial in their lives to bring your name glory, Lord and they are walking through it faithful to you. Bless them immensely for this Father! Bring about your compassion and mercy over Lettie now Lord, and deliver her to a full and abundant healing.
Matthew 9:22 "Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.
-Lord, Summer and Mark are so boldly claiming your promises over Lettie believing fully that your word is true and that you are faithful to stand true to your word. They are the intercessors for their sweet girl, Lord, so by their faith Lord Jesus, heal sweet Lettie.
James 5:15 "And the prayer offered in faith will make sick person well; the Lord will raise him up."
Yes, Lord!!! Raise up sweet Lettie by your mercy and power. In the name of Jesus, precious Lettie arise!!!
We are praying for healing of Lettie and peace for your family. This has changed my soul. What a testimony of Faith and the Love of our Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you for sharing this light with all of us.... May you get some rest. We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteI pray that the LP went well today and that it did not cause Lettie any undue discomfort. I pray that it will give the MD's answers to why Lettie is in this sleepy state. May God continue to surround you and give you strength during your time of need. Know that your faith in the Lord has touched and changed so many lives. Those who have pushed God out of their lives have brought Him in. Those who put Him on the back burner have brought Him to the front. Those who were not believers of his work now believe. I know this to be true for I was one of those. Praying for a peaceful night. Candi
ReplyDeleteSummer,
ReplyDeleteU hope the procedure went ok. I hope you get all your answers soon. You and your family are in my prayers. Have a peaceful night. Give Colette a hug.
Love,
Patty
I had to share this story with you. My aunt , who actually lives in Brentwood, went to her church to pray for Lettie. While she was there, she was talking to a lady who was also there for prayer I am assuming. She shared Lettie's story with her. The lady pointed and said do you see that boy there? There was a young man there. She went on to share with my aunt that the young man had a surgery very similar to Lettie's when he was very young. He has just graduated high school and is headed to college in the fall!!!! I thought that was so wonderful!! God is going to bring her through this. We are going to see her and Caroline go off to college at the same time...I just know it!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteAngie B.