Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A better day!


Don't you just get excited hearing the title. Each day is getting a little better. We're definitely taking it slow but I'll take a better day over a bad day, any day! Lettie got a pretty purple temporary brace made for her left leg to help support her more during standing. She ate her pureed foods well and Hallelujah, she drank from her bottle better than she's done since surgery! Praise God for this huge step for us. She drank one ounce at lunch and then drank two ounces for her snack. That may not sound like a lot of liquid, but to us this is big! She latched on pretty good to the bottle but did get distracted very easily and zoned out once or twice but we accomplished our goal to finish at least one ounce. We are still keeping the NG tube for now in case she stops drinking like she did last time and for her meds. We haven't attempted the food with meds yet since we put the NG tube back. A friend sent me some Sweet 10 sugar substitute liquid to try to mix with Lettie's food and meds to help with the bitterness of the meds. I plan on trying it soon. Honestly, I'm a little nervous to try it too soon cause the feeding seems to be going so good right now I don't want to mess it up. We'll get there though. One day at a time. God is in total control of this and I need to realize that and quit trying to make it go the way I want it to go. It's funny, a really good friend of mine helped me realize today that my plans for Lettie may not be the same plans God has for her so I just need to trust in God like I would want Jack,Coop, and Lettie to trust in me as their mother. I will make the best decision possible for my children and God will do the same for us, just way better than I ever could.

32 comments:

  1. Way to go Lettie!!! We are so proud of you!!! Slow and steady wins the race Lettie Bug, just keep it up!! Our prayers are being answered! So happy for you, Summer. We'll keep Lettie and your family in our hearts and our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news Summer!!! Praise God!! Lettie will get stronger & better!!! We love you all! LeaAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAHHHHH!!!! Way to go Lettie! Such great progress today! Thank You Lord! : ) Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your smile back!!! Colette's will be next. I believe all good things are worth the wait. I'm glad you both had a great day and hope tomorrow will even be better. Your both in my prayers today and forever.

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear Lettie is doing good, this is great news!! We love you all & are praying for Lettie's recovery everyday! Sean, Julie, Hunter & Brody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer, I am in Memphis with my Mom but trying to stay informed about Lettie's and your progress as well. This whole experience is a process for the whole family to come to grips with. My experience has been that it is better to see slow constant progress rather than a huge spurt of gains and then stop. Praise God for every little step! I celebrate each gain with thankfulness and awe as our God moves, many times not as we want but always according to his plan and exactly on time. I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to read this update!! Go Lettie! One day at a time is the way to go. Who knows what God has in store for tomorrow, so just leave the bad behind in yesterday and carry the positive steps with you - no matter how small they may seem. Prayers for you guys continuing, and, as always, call or text if you need ANYTHING.

    PS - Great eye contact and focus Lettie has on her momma in that pic!

    Blessings and Peace,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear that Lettie had a better day today!! God has His plan and we just have to trust in Him and let Him complete His plan for little Lettie Bug!! My prayers are sent your way and I hope each day gets better and better!! Your family is such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God for this good news! I will send up many prayers of thanks to Jesus. I will not stop praying for Lettie's miracle. So happy for you Summer! Tears of joy are so good. I love the picture. Thanks for sharing it with all of us! Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer, I am so excited to hear this news!! I was thanking God as I was reading it.Lettie and you look great in the pic. Today is a new beginning of great things to come and I know God has more gains for Lettie tomorrow. Praying for you both.
    Love,
    Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear Lettie has had a better day. Praise God! Praying for all of you and that you see these better days each and every day forward.

    Love you guys,
    Jeremy and Regina

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful picture! Love and prayers for both of you :) Praise the Lord for her progress! May He hold Lettie in His strong and loving arms as she works hard. (As He holds you too Summer!)
    Laura Gagnon

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is wonderful to hear you sounding more positive! I'm soooo glad to hear that Lettie had a good day. I looked up keto diet on the web and no wonder she doesn't like it! Doesn't sound good at all! I pray that God will continue to encourage you and give Lettie improvements by leaps and bounds! Praise God for blessing you with a good day. Praying for many many more! And still praying for complete healing!
    In Christ, Gennie Whitaker

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wahooo! Praising and praying girls!!! Love you both, and the rest of your precious family! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so thankful for the prayers that are being answered. Keep going Lettie. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an answer to all our prayers~a better day! The posted picture is uplifting w/ a smiling mom & I think Lettie is smiling there just a little too! Pray without ceasing!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer,
    It's great to see that pic of you and Lettie looking so happy and relaxed. She seems to be enjoying her bottle very much. She also looks like she feels better. I know that things are going to work out for Lettie and your family, you've got God on your side, and you can't ask for anything better than that! Still praying for Lettie and all of you.
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  18. THanks for the picture.... Go Lettie bug .......praise god for a better day....and many more to come..... Keep the faith......Good night Lettie and Summer ...Tracy R.N.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome news! Love you all and you are such a special mommy! Praying daily for you all!

    Jeff and Cheryl Ambrister

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah Lettie!!!! We were so excited to see Lettie drinking her bottle!!!! Still praying every day, 10 times a day. Can't wait 'till you and Lettie get to go home and things get back to "normal" for you. We love you guys!

    Scott & Angie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful picture so good to see you smile, I'm positive there's many more ahead. Love and Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The advice your friend gave you is perfect...and also, look at the BIG picture....from where she was a week post-op...wow..she's doin great! Still praying....Laura

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey guys,
    I've found this great place in Key Largo that has Dolphin therapy for kids like Lettie. They say that the animals instinctively know that these kids have special needs. Anyway, children you are struggling to regain use of their limbs will really make gains with the dolphins. They are just such motivational creatures. I'll get you the information for a later date when she's ready for that kind of thing. When will she be 3?

    Love you guys! Tami and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Summer, This is WONDERFUL! Praise God! As we were in church last evening - we sang 'Majesty' - and the whole time I was thinking of you, Colette and your entire family --- and it was a good feeling! Your precious little one has been on our prayer list since June 29 and our church family members continue to ask for updates - as we've all fallen in love with her. God is so good! Sending you lots and lots of love from East TN...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praise the Lord! I just wanted you to know that First Baptist Church in Benton, AR is praying for Lettie and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. GOD is good....praying, ....Patti B. Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  27. So happy to see an improvement I am still praying for a HUGH miracle for Lettie in God's time..
    Waiting for more great news because we know God is good ALL the time!! Love you guys Valorie Fortuna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Summer, thank you for posting this comment. Everyday I check for some news and/or comments. You have no idea how many people are praying for you and your family. I think there may just be an angel watching over Lettie. Bless you and Lettie.....keep the comments coming! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That a girl Lettie, she is a fighter. I am late checking the blog today, been upset that I have not been able to get to my computer. What a blessing to hear the day was better. God's working 1 step at a time, hang in there I still say better days are coming.

    Size :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. im so glad that she getting better! Shes a beautiful little girl! God makes blessings. And that little lettie is a blessing. Im going to keep praying for her! :)

    love always:
    mallorie b lindner
    see yall at church

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE seeing this title! It doesn't make my stomach turn a flip. Just keep your trust in God's plan because his plan is always right.
    When my granddaughter was in the hospital so sick we didn't know if she would make it, I went to church on Sunday morning and I felt the need to go to the alter and pray. My dear pastor, Gale Miller, came to pray with me and I'll never forget the prayer he prayed. He prayed for God's will to be done and for strength and courage for our family to accept whatever his will. A wave of fear came over this human flesh for a split second because that wasn't really what I had in mind to pray. Then I remembered a lady in our church who said she prayed and prayed for God to heal her son who was crippled with a disease in his leg and he kept getting worse. Finally she was so exhausted she began praying for God's will to be done. He's now a grown man with a family. He walks with a limp, but he walks.
    My granddaughter also made a full recovery.
    We don't always know what God's will is for us but one thing is for sure, He makes no mistakes.
    I'm so glad Lettie is making progress with her eating and drinking. I just praise God for all progress great or small.
    I admire your strength, courage and trust in God and his plans for your family. You are a beautiful person and obviously a very special Mother!
    I'll continue to pray for Lettie, you, Mark, Jack and Cooper until Lettie is completely healed.
    Dianne Rider

    ReplyDelete
  32. God is so good! I was reminded of you today and the heavy load that you are bearing as a Mom when I read a devotion on Facebook that said, "On this day, God wants you to know ... that the weight you carry on your shoulders is much too heavy for one human being. Give some of that weight where it belongs, - to God, and have faith that what happens is for the best, whether you understand it or not." Praying for a good night tonight. KP~Atlanta

    ReplyDelete