Friday, July 2, 2010

Atlanta is VERY likely!


The rehab evaluator for the rehab hospital in Atlanta just left and said barring anything unforeseen we will likely be leaving Wed. morning around 8 for the hospital. It's about a 4hr. trip by ambulance and Mark will follow.Luckily, Mark thinks he can take some extra time since Dr. Williams is filling in for him. This is a huge blessing for me to know that he will be able to be there with me in the beginning. The evaluator told us that the most common stay is around 23 dy. but that is taking all levels of patients into consideration. The therapy team will evaluate Lettie when we get there and they will tell us how long they think she should stay.I'm feeling better about this decision today after taking it all in. This is really what she needs! I have a huge praise as well, this morning I was working with Lettie and sitting her up, which she didn't enjoy at all, and after I laid her back down she was slinging her right arm around and we saw a little movement from her left shoulder! She is still sleeping a lot and her swelling has moved more to her neck but we think that's because she's not getting up much. Her sodium levels are better and looks like we may get to move to a normal room this afternoon!

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for his many blessings! Big & small we take them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK GOD FOR THE SMALLEST OF MIRACLES. GOD IS GREAT. ATLANTA WILL BE THE BIGGEST MIRACLE OF THEM ALL. THIS LITTLE DOLL WILL BE HOME SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad to hear the progress Lettie is making, she is a very strong little girl. We are praying for all of you everyday - all day & everyone we know is doing the same. Let us know if you need us to help out in any way & we will be right there. We love you all - Sean, Julie, Hunter & Brody

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are just precious! Your family has touched mine in so many ways. We are continually praying for your little Colette and all of you - and have asked our church to pray as well. Your updates have helped so much. I pray God will continue to watch over all of you. For HE is mighty and HE never leaves us nor forsakes us. Just know how much you're loved in East TN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still praying for all of you and encouraging others to do so. I feel like God is working in mighty ways. Let me know if I can do anything. Love you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete