Things are not going great. We had to give Ativan again a few minutes ago to stop seizures. She has been having a small seizure approx. every 2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours. The neurologist is having Lettie transferred back to PCCU for closer monitoring. She has started to go "downhill" slightly in her post-op recovery. We still have not recovered from the state she was in directly after surgery. She is still staying asleep over 23 hours per day. We and the neurologists are concerned as to why she is not improving. These seizures she has started having is just an added complication. The neurologist stated that she may have been having these small seizures post-op but we are just now seeing them present themselves physically. From yesterday evening Lettie has had a CT scan, a chest x-ray, urinalysis, lab work and they called for an EEG to be connected about 1 A.M. this morning. They are also going to be doing additional blood cultures because of an elevated white blood count. Lettie needs prayers now. This could all be caused by something small that just hasn't been found yet. We must pray and truly believe deep within our hearts that our Lord will heal Lettie completely.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Back to Pediatric ICU
Things are not going great. We had to give Ativan again a few minutes ago to stop seizures. She has been having a small seizure approx. every 2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours. The neurologist is having Lettie transferred back to PCCU for closer monitoring. She has started to go "downhill" slightly in her post-op recovery. We still have not recovered from the state she was in directly after surgery. She is still staying asleep over 23 hours per day. We and the neurologists are concerned as to why she is not improving. These seizures she has started having is just an added complication. The neurologist stated that she may have been having these small seizures post-op but we are just now seeing them present themselves physically. From yesterday evening Lettie has had a CT scan, a chest x-ray, urinalysis, lab work and they called for an EEG to be connected about 1 A.M. this morning. They are also going to be doing additional blood cultures because of an elevated white blood count. Lettie needs prayers now. This could all be caused by something small that just hasn't been found yet. We must pray and truly believe deep within our hearts that our Lord will heal Lettie completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am praying for you all and asking others to as well. May God comfort and protect your family during this horrible trial you are facing.
ReplyDeleteSarah Price Amos
Lord, Thou who art the Great Physician, we look to Thee today to supply our every need. Amen
ReplyDeleteI had no idea of all you guys have been enduring. Mike and I are adding our prayers to those of so many others. Peace and comfort to you.
Praying hard for God's will to be done in Letti's life and let us watch a miracle be performed and also for you and Mark for comfort and peace. I am soooo heart heavy and broken for Lettie and for you as a mother. I love you all and praying fervently.
ReplyDeleteCindy Walker Brown
Cornerstone is still with you guys in diligent prayer! I ask God to give you wisdom and discernment not regret nor waivering in your faith!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to encourage you by letting you know that even those you don't know are praying for you and your precious baby girl. As soon as my brother, David R., shared your story with us several weeks ago, I have been touched deeply and have been praying. I pray for healing, strengh, wisdom, and peace that surpasses all understanding. In Christ's Love, Leah
ReplyDeleteSummer & Mark,
ReplyDeleteMy prayer are with you. I know God will heal Colette. She has so many people praying for her. Keep your faith. I love you. Give Colette a hug for me.
Love,
Patty
Little One's to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong! Lettie is little but HE is so very strong.
ReplyDelete"The darkest storms are scattered by showers of mercy."
ReplyDelete-Charles Spurgeon
"But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you O Jacob, he who formed you O Israel; "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the water, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
ReplyDeleteWe pray words of comfort over all of you...speaking life and perseverence...faith and wisdom.
Love,
Shannon Hays
Mark & Summer...my heart is so heavy for you today. I cannot imagine what torture you are going through, and I pray as much for your sweet baby girl`s healing as I do for your comfort and peace with all this. Your sweet baby and your entire family is on our prayer list at church and everywhere else. We are praying without ceasing and we will continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteYou are all in my constant thoughts.
Casey Cook Raper
Praying, praying, and praying some more! I have faith that God has a plan for little Lettie and we must be patient for the outcome, as hard as that is!
ReplyDeleteWe thank you Lord, for your power of the Holy Spirit to sustain this precious family. Our prayers and trust are in You and You alone. Continue to enthrone Lettie with your merciful hands of healing; as well as Summer and Mark.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your little girl! I had no idea you had been going through this. My family is praying for you!
ReplyDeleteSarah Julian Napier
We are praying so hard for you all. I just know that Lettie is going to completely heal because God has big plans for her. I see Lettie now as a bright, young college grad traveling around the world sharing her medical miracle with others. We are always here for you all anytime, if there is anything else we can do please let us know. For now we will PRAY - PRAY - PRAY, and ask everyone else to do the same. We love you all, Julie
ReplyDeleteAgain....we are praying constantly. We wish we could be there to help you in some way. Please know how much we love you all and are thinking of you all the time. We will be there in a few hours if you need us to do anything at all.
ReplyDeleteScott and Angie
Mark & Summer..Northstar came together again to pray for all of you on Sun. It was so powerful! I prayed that the Lord would surround you with his presence like a warm blanket on a cold nite. We've been where you've been waiting in a hospital feeling helpless and anxieties run high. Loosing sleep afraid that something might happen if you try & rest. Pslam 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me; becuase He is at my right hand, I SHALL NOT BE MOVED!
ReplyDeletePSALM 62:12 Truly my soul waitest upon GOD; from his cometh my salvation. He alone is my rock & my salvation; He is my defense, I shall not be greatly moved. Know that your Northstar family are standing in the gap praying for all of you constantly and fervantly. We serve a God that is the great physician and he will heal Collette! I pray that his mercy & grace will abound in the coming days and give you and Summer comfort in the midst of the storm. GOD is unchanging and constant in an unstable world. Hold on to that when the enemy comes and tries to steal you joy...there is joy in the journey. Some days it's just hard to see it. We love you all and praying for a miracle...our God is in the miracle making business! Kim & Anthony Brewer