Friday, July 30, 2010

TGIF

Friday is here and almost gone but we still have work to do this weekend. Today was a good day for Lettie. We haven't seen much more of that amazing, spontaneous movement we saw last night but she worked really hard today. We had a full schedule from 8 to 3:30 which included a non-stop afternoon. Our therapists are wonderful and really challenge Lettie, which she hates and fights with all her will. Our PT makes her try to crawl and walk with very little movement on the left hoping to increase Lettie's input to her brain to help that left side. She cries and fights it the entire time, but as a former therapist myself, I love to see them challenge her in ways that will help her get movement back. Let me clarify, she is not in pain, just upset about being out of her comfort zone- her bed or our arms! Feeding was ok today, I look forward to a great day but I'm afraid as long as we're on the keto diet that won't be happening. She hates to eat, plain and simple. She doesn't really like the taste of any of the food we've tried and now she's starting to have an aversion to the vanilla flavored keto formula. We really can't get anything else that tastes better. The problem we face is that we don't know if it's the keto diet or she just doesn't want to eat anything. I'm going to talk to the dietician about doing a trial of our old food vs the keto food. If she eats her old food fine, we know the problem.
My mom is coming to visit tomorrow and bringing Jack and Coop with her. It will be so good to see them. My mom hasn't got to see Lettie since we've been here in Atlanta so I know she's excited to see her. She's staying the weekend so I look forward to visiting with family and hanging out with my other two kiddos. Continuing to pray for little miracles everyday.

12 comments:

  1. Praying....p. brown, knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was so thrilled for last nights update! She is getting there. I can't remember if you said, but is she fully of the antibiotics now?

    Do you have Mary Montgomery's email address? She checks it regularly and responds very well. I can text it to you, just let me know. From reading all the posts, though I'm a huge fan of the keto diet, I also wonder if maybe you should postpone a bit so Lettie has one less struggle.

    Glad you have some company and are getting time with your mom, Jack, and Cooper. Will continue to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lettie's prayer warriors will never stop!! We love you guys, LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing with you in every step forward, praying & expecting God's next miracle. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend fill with love, great fellowship & peace.
    Hebrews 11:1 :)
    Love in Christ,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that Lettie starts eating well, either the keto diet or normal food. Still praying for feeling and movement to return to her left side. Praying for each day to be better than the last, and for all of you to have a peaceful night. We love you, Lettie.
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Diane can't wait to get her arms around Lettie!.... we have been thinking about Diane too...she loves her sooooo much.

    We are thrilled that you haven't mentioned any siezures too !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daily prayers and time with our Lord talking about Lettie and your family! Always believing and thanking Him for who He is to you, to us and to Lettie! We will not grow weary, but instead...press forward to keep nonstop prayers for Lettie's continued miracles!
    Love!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Lettie is alert enough to fuss during therapy! That's a good thing : ) Hope y'all have a really good wkend! Know you're looking forward to seeing your Mom,Jack & Cooper (we've been praying for them too). Praying for yall~Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise the Lord for such good reports! We will continue to pray for her eating, and more movement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is so good ...way to go Lettie keep fussing thats a great thing .......continue to pray for movement and nutrition.... Enjoy your family this weekend..... Praise be to God.......Tracy R. N.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just like soo many others I am praying for Lettie everytime she crosses my mind...whcih is very often. I fully believe God is going to do a big miracle and I can't wait to see it. It was just this past spring that I saw God perform a miracle like I had never witnessed before. When my friend Savannah collapsed before me after her heart just stopped, I honestly didnt know if she would live or have any brain activity ever again. But I say all that to say God did a HUGE miracle! She is her old self....like it never happened. God is capable....I am believing and seeing that more and more. I had tears and cold chills when I read of the miracle God did when Lettie moved her left leg and arm. How amazing how God answers our prayers!!
    I wanted to share something a friend told me she had read the other day. In Praying God's Word, Beth Moore wrote this: "Wait on Him to bring victory, knowing that the consequences of your obedience are His problem and not yours." They are waiting on God to move in their life as we are also are waiting on God's victory to heal Lettie, knowing it will come in God's time!
    Love you all,
    Amy Anderson

    ReplyDelete