Sunday, July 18, 2010

A sweet, sweet moment



This morning has been uneventful, which in our books is good. She has been without a fever for over 24 hours and we have been almost 25 hours without a seizure. Thank you God! The nurses let us move her to a big bed last night because Mark has been sleeping in the crib with her and, as you can imagine, it's not the most comfortable situation. Last night was the first night in almost 3 weeks that Mark and I slept all night at the same time. He slept in bed with Lettie so someone is extra close at all times. Last night we tried with her bottle and we weren't so successful. We had to get her meds in her through her bottle, which she wouldn't suck, so we ended up using a syringe and getting in her that way. It took forever and was very trying on my nerves; however, I'm praying for a better attempt today. She has these moments where she just "checks out" and it makes it difficult to feed her. Last night when I got so distraught I went in the bathroom and got on my knees and cried out to God. I then opened the Bible & was led to Psalm 77, which was perfect for how I was feeling last night. God is so amazing! How can I deny His love & support for me. He never fails me.
Now, to the reason for my title today. Go ahead & grab your kleenex. When Dr. Paolicchi made rounds this morning, at the end, she asked the rest of the team to step outside. She said she wanted a personal moment with us. She sat down, took our hands, and prayed for a miracle for Lettie. I cannot tell you how sweet this moment was for us. I was so overwhelmed, I hugged and kissed her and told her how much that meant to us. I wasn't for sure if she believed and that has weighed on my heart this whole time. I now know she has joined along with the rest of us in lifting up Lettie to God for a miracle. Little did I know that such a sweet and precious miracle would have happened this morning in sharing a prayer to our God with the head of our medical team. I praise God for this morning and pray there will be even more to share.

30 comments:

  1. How precious! And the little nightgown is adorable on her! I've been waiting for a pic with her eyes open and am so happy to see this! Praying for a miracle! God is good all the time, all the time God is good!
    Holly Green & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Summer! Thanks for sharing. How very sweet and special of Dr. P! Lettie looks so great sitting in the bed.

    I'll either bring or send you (if you are gone on Friday) so sugar free sweetener that will help with the meds that we use with Evan. We usually crush and mix his meds in his solid food, but they are bitter, so the sweetener helps. Its the kind of sweetener Mary Montgomery had suggested to us for the keto diet. Andy read somewhere they were going to stop making it and bought a whole case. Since we only use 5 or 6 drops at a time, needless to say, we have more than enough supply of unopened bottles! :-)

    Still praying and keep the wonderful news coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! My niece who is 7 and Blake my son who is 8 was sitting with me while I was reading this. I was telling a shortened version of Letties story. My niece Leeanna said "Im prating for her now" my son said momma we have to pray for her all the time, I love her, she is so little" I cried and prayed at my computer as they went off to play. I thank God for this blessing. Little Lettie deserves so much.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best nesw to wake up tp especially after my late night with my little kids who finally fell asleep around 4:30 this morning. At 3:30 we were checking the blog b/c my precious Lily would not even try to go back to sleep without checking on Lettie and then offering a special prayer that only a child could, as you can imagine I've cried a time or two this morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lettie looks so good sitting up in bed with her eyes open, more alert than I've ever seen her in her pictures. Great news re: no fevers and no seizures in 24 hours. Thank you, Lord! I am still praying for her to be able to take her bottle and eat,and for healing of the thalamus and blood flow to her brain. I'm so glad you had a restful night last night. Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a powerful moment with Dr. P. I have chills reading that. So thankful you have a Dr that trusts in the Almighty great physician. Praises!!! I love to see her sweet smiles and her sitting up in the top picture.

    P.S. It was awesome to hear Mark's update via phone today at church. At first I thought they were going to skype you all in on the big screen. Now that would be cool.

    Melissa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer.......that is so awesome!!!!For her to come in an pray with you all is just another example of Gods work!We have such an amazing God!Keeping on praying for miracles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God!!! Like you said their knowledge has gotten you to surgery but it is truly God working thru them & Is His victory. I'm so thankful to be a part of this experience & it's like I read on someones status...."of we trust God for our life eternal then we MUST trust HIM for our here & now! Prayers & thanks continue to our all powerful Father!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I didn't get the kleenex and now I'm trying to type through the tears! What an incredible sight to see Lettie sitting up and with a little smile on her face.
    How wonderful for Dr. P. to pray with you! See how God has pulled so many back to their faith. Lettie was put on this earth for a reason, and was given to you and Mark for a reason. No child could have better parents than the two of you. With God, all things are possible! Good luck with the bottles today. Love you all, Candi

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have been following your blog through a mutual friend. We have traveled a similar road as your are with Lettie. We pray daily for Lettie. We also pray that you will have the strength to make it through each day. I was so touched when you spoke of Dr. P praying with you guys. One of our doctors did the same thing. The calming presence of God is so amazing.
    You will be continually uplifted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, all of what He is doing and has done! So personal and real! Continuing to praise Him daily, several times a day, for His faithfulness! Even while we were at a softball tournament all day yesterday I found myself checking your blog from my phone to see how Lettie was doing. Praise Him! Praise Him! for He is God Almighty!
    We are praying specifically as Mark shared with us this morning at church: blood flow to the thalamus, drinking from the bottle, and for her left side, for no more seizure: her miracle! She's already has such miraculous moments! We are so thankful to Him for all He is doing.
    Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now she looks like my little Lettie! I even recognize the slight, almost mischevious, smile! Having trouble eating is not new buton a different level. Eating is a learned skill and she will relearn to suck and swallow better. I just know it! God hears those special prayers of little children and their perfect simple faith. Thank you, God, for children and especially my Colette who is teaching me much! I pray for continued seizure free days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy to read this update. I pray she continues to take steps forward even if they're baby steps. I continue to pray for both Summer and Mark's strength!
    L. Pierce

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are right about the kleenex! Everytime I read your blog I cry. Sometimes from overwhelming sadness and sometimes from a tender moment such as you described. I want you to know although I have never taken my family's health for granted, your blog has made me thank God every day for my the health of my family. I don't know why you were chosen....but you have been chosen by God to make us aware of life. You are SPECIAL beyond belief. Thank you for this blog and the way you keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute smile!!!! Your in my prayers today and forever.

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful news and what a sweet, sweet picture. Praying continuously for Lettie and you guys. Much Love. Linda Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I pray that Lettie's healing DOES come through a miracle from God so that all can see his incredible power. Praying that He heals Lettie soon. She is really looking stronger. The little smile brought joy to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. THAT'S TERRIFIC ...JUST KNOWING YOUR DOC IS A BELIEVER IS SO COMFORTING...GOD IS SO GOOD, ALL THE TIME...PRAYING FOR THAT MIRACLE...patti brown, knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's is such wonderful news that the doctor believes in the Great Physican! I'm so glad she's getting to have a good day. Her pictures are so sweet. We are still praying everyday and checking the blog everyday to see what is going on. God is still in the miracle business. And we Praise Him for all he has done!!! God has a plan like he says in Jeremiah 29:11. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    Lori Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glory to God for the great things He has done!!!! Praying for continued victories!! Thank you God for making yourself known through this path you have called Summer and Mark to walk. A true blessing from each blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was awesome to hear Mark's update via phone today at church. God is so good. I love you all so much!

    Cheryl and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  22. May God use this doctor to help bring about his mircle. Praises to God for no fever.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I read your update today it brought me to tears, we pray for letties recovery every morning and night. He will awnser your prayers because you believe in him. Psalm 146 is some great reading also. Praying hard, Mike,April,Ariana, Bella

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lettie is soooo cute sitting up in bed I wish i could give her a big hug.... Gods hand is on this child.....we prayed for lettie and your family today at West Park Baptist Church on Middlebook Pike Knoxville....I pray each day progress will be made.....Praise God whom all blessings flow.....Tracy R.N.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been following your blog due to a prayer request from a mutual friend (Sarah Napier). I read this blog daily and lift little Lettie and your entire family up in prayer. You are an AMAZING family and I admire your faith in our Lord and Savior. I was so excited to see a picture of Lettie sitting up in bed with a semi-smile on her sweet face. You all have truly touched my life and I wish you only the best and will continue praying for you everyday!

    Nikki Stewart Dallas, Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mandi Cooper sent out a link to your blog on facebook and I have been following your posts and praying for Lettie, as well as the rest of your family, every day. It was so wonderful to see the pictures of her sitting up and looking so much better today. I will continue to pray for her recovery,strength for the whole family and insight and wisdom for her medical team.

    Beth Blanchard :-), Knoxville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dont Quit!
    When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    when the road youre trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest, if you must, but do not quit.

    Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about,
    When he might have won had he stuck it out;
    Dont give up though the pace seems slow
    You may succeed with another blow.

    Often the goal is nearer than,
    It seems to a faint and faltering man,
    Often the struggler has given up,
    When he might have captured the victors cup,
    And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

    Success is failure turned inside out
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far,
    So stick to the fight when youre hardest hit
    Its when things seem worst that you must not quit.

    Anonymous

    Mark & Summer we thought you would like this. There is a song by Ginny Owens called IF YOU WANT ME TO. It's an awesome song about the valleys. It was my theme song when my brother was going thru leukemia and it always gave me strength to face yet another day. Your Northstar family loves you and all of us are praying for you all. This sweet picture of Lettie shows the world that God still answers prayers! Don't ever give up!
    xoxo
    Kim & Anthony Brewer
    Psalm 29:11
    The Lord will give strength to His people, the Lord will bless his people with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't know your precious child but we have the same Father and he said anything we ask in his name Shall be given!!! I have been praying hard for this little girl, that He would heal her!! It is very uplifting to know that there are doctors out there who still call on Jesus for help and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Summer,
    Thank you for your blog. Every time I read it I am reminded of what is important. You and your family are an inspiration to me. Thank you again. God is using Lettie in an unbelievable way.

    Erin Gray Bridges

    ReplyDelete
  30. These pictures of Lettie are so sweet! I have been keeping up with her progress on the blog, and I am so glad she is doing better!! You guys are in my prayers!

    Kendra Ellis

    ReplyDelete