We have talked to Drs. from neurology, neurosurgery, and general pediatrics. Neurosurgery is not impressed with the white blood count enough to move forward with additional tests. They say every test except the high white blood cells is showing that there is not a large infection. Neurosurgery think the wbc's may be elevated due to all the new meds she is on. They said they're not worried about the temperature (meningitis etc.) until its in the 102 & up range (neurosugery said 100.6 is not a temperature). Their reason for not doing additional tests is that the next thing they would do is a lumbar puncture which would require sedation and they feel the risk doesnt outweigh the benefit.
We are starting a ketogenic diet this morning. This basically puts the body into ketosis, but has had good short term results with stopping seizures. Neurology also just told us they are going to go ahead and add klonopin now.
Over the past week some guys have taken off work a couple of days and moved, cut into firewood, and stacked trees at our house. These were 60-80 year old trees that had been taken out by a small tornado or something that hit the week before surgery. I wont try on paper to state what this blessing means to us.
I'm praying for you guys. I want to share w/ you about a friend you may have read of in the paper. Ashley Reisser, Maryville teenager in wreck back in Jan. Her Mother had "That's What Faith Can Do" on her cellphone. Today, Ashley has recovered and going to UT this fall. We'll keep believing. I've seen miracles just happen (Ashley) and look for another silent prayer to be answered (Lettie). Penny Parker
ReplyDeleteStill praying all the time for improvement for Lettie. Walk strong in your faith, The Taylors
ReplyDeleteI wish you could have seen the guys moving the trees...I think they were just so happy to be able to "do" something for you guys. Plus I think it made them feel like REAL MEN! They used some real teamwork (or in the words of the Wonder Pets "What's gonna work...")But to be honest, I think it was a good thing Benny was there! Thanks for updating the blog regularly. Brian and I are checking it all throughout the day. We love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteMoving the trees was just all part of HIS plan. Thank HIM not us.
ReplyDeleteD
I have been praying for little Lettie for awhile now! I also pray for strength for you and Summer. I know its very difficut to see your little girl in so much pain, its almost unbearable! But God is good and she will prevail!
ReplyDeleteBrooke (Harrill) Henry
I am so touched by your story, inspiration, and faith!! I found your blog on facebook that a friend posted. I live in Wisconsin, but am from Knoxville. I have been praying and sent out e-mails to all my friends and family to continue to pray for your precious little Lettie!! So, I hope it helps to know you have people all over praying your little girl. She is so cute!! You and your family are amazing!! Prayers and much love sent your way for a speedy recovery! :)
ReplyDeleteAmerican Pickers? Are you kidding me? that is one of may favorite all time shows! Did Frankie take the picture? In all seriousness, we are praying dilligently for our miracle baby! Mark, I will give you a call again on Sunday morning just before church and get a specific prayer request update. We are convinced that God is going to come through for Lettie!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Pastor Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT6lFcM-Fv8
ReplyDelete"At Your Feet"
Casting Crowns
I hope this song is uplifting to ya'll. I weeeep everytime I hear it, but it gives me HOPE. It reminds me that however difficult this path gets, when it is laid at the foot of the cross.. there is hope, there is peace, there is protection and the list goes on. I am strengthened to know that HE WILL NEVER FAIL TO RESCUE. HE WILL NEVER FAIL TO REDEEM HIS PEOPLE. HE WILL NEVER FAIL TO DELIVER HIS PEOPLE. HE WILL. NEVER. FAIL. TO STAND TRUE TO HIS WORD.
Lord,
I know this journey has to bear down a heavy weight on Mark and Summer's shoulder and that the burden makes their hearts feel so so weary of fighting it at times. Lord, I pray that their brokenness would be a beautiful offering before your feet. I pray that you would give them courage to fight and press on in HOPE in who you are. Jesus, you are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. You are the same God who stood in a boat in the middle of a RAGING sea, and with just a word... calmed it. Please Lord, we are calling upon your power for Lettie, now Lord. Reach your mighty hand over her and tell this raging storm of seizures to BE CALM in the name of Jesus! Fill Mark and Summer with strength, peace and endurance as they wait on you.
I continue to be blown away at how many people all over the world are now a part of praying for your sweet girl. You are not alone, you are being lifted up. The body of Christ is standing with you, BELIEVING in a miracle and calling upon the power of Christ every moment of every day for your precious little family. Your faithfulness is absolutely beautiful!!
You are an awesome family! People are being drawn closer to Christ everyday through your precious Lettie Bug and her AMAZING parents! God is using your all's faith in Him in ways you can't even imagine! I pray God will wrap His arms around you all as you continue this journey. Keep your arms wrapped around each other, too. Stay strong! We love you all!
ReplyDeleteJuli
This is random, but if you're reading the comments this will make you laugh (or hopefully at least smile).
ReplyDeleteWe're leaving a restaurant tonight and this big, old dude gets out of his car and has a total santa clause beard and hair do. Kate looks at him and here it comes..."Daddy look its Santa Clause, DADDY LOOK!! Ella, Ella, look it's Santa Clause...Daddy what he doing here?"
Dude was like 10 feet away from us so he definitely heard. I am unashamedly laughing my head off.
Hope this made you guys laugh...its good for the soul!
Love you guys, we're still praying with expectation!
THe Love, support prayers and network of support is such an inspiration!! Praise God for his wonderful work! It will continue! So amazing how He works thru SOOO many! Praise His Name!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for Lettie & your family right now. Praying Lettie's had a better night & God will answer the prayers of His people today w/a miracle of complete healing for Lettie! Waiting in anticipation & Believing God is Able,Lisa Cleland
ReplyDeleteHey Brittons,
ReplyDeleteThe kids and I were studying about faith this morning and our verse of the day was Hebrews 11:1. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of things we do not see." We all huddled up and prayed for Lettie and all of you. Jacob prayed for your faith to be increased. The tears were streaming down my face listening to my kiddos lifting you up-it increased my faith! Praying for strength for you today and hope for tomorrow! Much love to all of you!-Bardwell clan (Paul, Theresa. Jacob, Hannah, and Bethany) :)
Summer,
ReplyDeleteGlad you have some good news. The picture of Colette was so sweet. You will be in our prayers. Give her a hug.
Love,
Patty