Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Latest update

An update for everyone. We are still hooked up to the EEG and they want to leave her hooked up to keep watching the left side. Dr.Paolicchi came in to tell us she had news..not great, but not terrible. Lettie had a seizure at 3 am & the EEG picked it up. From the info they have so far from the EEG is showing she is having seizures, not good but we knew that. The good news is that it doesn't look like the left hemisphere is having any independent seizures and it doesn't look like she is heading towards Lennox-Gastault( another disorder that wouldn't be good to have) yet. Praise God for the good news! Please pray that we stay as far away from this disorder as possible. Our new plan is to increase her vigabatrin and her topomax and stay on the keto diet and klonipan. A lot of meds but apparently we need them to stop these seizures. They did find that she has a urinary tract infection so that's probably the reason for the temp. We are starting some antibiotics for this, vancomycin and another IV antibiotic, and hope to knock it out soon. She drank very well from her bottle this morining but not so well this afternoon. I'll take all the little miracles we get each and every day and count it all as a blessing. We had some wonderful visitors today, Ms.Nancy & some friends of hers who have been through similar situations and Candi, our nurse at KPA. Thanks to everyone who continues to pray and I look forward to sharing more and more positive news with you all. Lettie is still not herself and we have a long way to go to get there but please continue to believe so deeply that we will have her back and better than ever. Our friends and family have grown so much through this "adventure". I just love it and need it, to be honest. Looks like I'm gonna have to increase my Christmas card list by several.....

19 comments:

  1. Praise God Summer! I know God will intervene with these seizures also but what great news that the fever is only from a UTI and this is not leading to Lennox-Gastault! And great that Lettie took her bottle!
    Will continue to pray for all of Lettie to be healed!

    LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smmer, I wish you all the strength right now to help you and your family. Its awesome Lettie drank from her bottle today. Your family is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer....Praise God that she drank from the bottle. You are right that you have to count each and everything she does a blessing right now. How she moved her foot just a little bit yesterday, HUGE blessing! I am lifting you up to the Lord as I type right now!! If there is anything that I can do please let me know. We will be in the Nashville area several times over the next few weeks!
    Dear Lord, I just Praise your name today for the small miracles that you are performing in Lettie each and everyday. Lord we know that you have a great big ole plan for Lettie and the Britton family!!I know that there are still huge hurdels and obstacles for Baby Lettie but we know that you are there with her and your plan is always the BEST plan. I cant wait to see it! Right now I pray for continued healing for little Lettie and I pray for strength for Summer and Mark. Father God let them just feel your prescence in those tough times! We love you Lord and are amazed at how awesome you are!!Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer, We continue to pray for Lettie to improve in any and every way, and for strength and courage for you, Mark and the rest of your family. We are so happy to hear that she took the bottle. We know urinary tract infections can be healed quickly. Also continuing in prayer for wisdom for doctors. Love, Windy & Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jesus.. thank you for giving Lettie an appetite for her bottle this morning! Continue to give her the desire to eat and fulfill your promise to give her daily bread. Thank you for your faithfulness to Summer to give her such strength as she waits for Mark to return. There is no greater companion to strengthen her soul. Jesus, I pray that you would keep Lennox-Gastault far from Lettie. In the name of Jesus, Lord we as for this mercy. God you are so great and powerful and we are so in awe of the glory you are bringing to yourself through the Britton family. Increase your favor upon them. Shine your face down on them. Deliver Lettie Lord!
    -I was listening to "How He Loves Us" by the David Crowder band on the radio, and the line that always sticks out to me is "afflictions eclipsed by glory". I was so moved by the spirit in that moment to claim that for Lettie and your family. Summer, I truly believe with all of my heart, that the Lord is going to reveal such great might and glory through precious Lettie, that you and Mark will not even see the pain anymore through the presence of His power. I pray that He would cover this sickness in His mighty hand and you would only be able to see HIM! He will deliver her Summer. I pray He will deliver her in such an astounding, miraculous and undoub tedly HIM way.. that you and Mark will be able to testify forever of the great gifts of mercy and healing He has given to your precious Lettie girl. You are already testifying of His unending love and He WILL bless you for it. He is receiving such glory and praise through your continued desire to seek Him through the storm. Press on in hope. We stand with you.
    Love - Jordan

    "I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron." Isaiah 45:2

    He will conquer impossible for Lettie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was praying on my way to work this morning when a song came to mind. So, even though I didn't get all the notes or words right,I started singing this song and claiming it for Colette and her whole family.
    "God Will Make a Way"
    God will make a way
    Where there seems to be no way
    He works in ways we cannot see
    He will make a way for me
    He will be my guide
    Hold me closely to His side
    With love and strength for each new day
    He will make a way, He will make a way.

    I just know that God WILL make a way for Colette to be healed.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should go ahead and start your cards now! That's great to hear about the bottle, but please don't make her drink that chalk! Lol. It gags me to think about it! Just leave it in the bag and let her have that good whipping cream! :-)
    When I got home last night, Caroline woke up with a temp of 104.9 which scared me to death.
    As Josh and I stood helpless and praying over her, all I could do was cry and think how helpless you and Mark had to feel every single minute. God is definitely teaching us all to depend on Him through this ordeal with Lettie. I've heard the saying so often, "Let go, and let God," and it's never more true than when kids are sick.
    It was so good to see you and hear your laughter yesterday. I thought precious Lettie looked good and seemed to be improving. I know it felt good to get some answers today. Keep doing what you're doing and giving God the glory for all things, large and small. Your faith is amazing!
    Love ya, Juli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord we thank You that Lettie's UTI was discovered & treatment started. We continue to ask You to reveal anything that's hidden to the Light & give Lettie's Drs discernment & wisdom. We thank You that You worked it out for Dr Paolicchi to take over the management of Lettie's medical team & her care! We thank You for all that You are doing in & thru Lettie! Summer & Mark love You & are walking in obedience & have praised You thru the storms. I pray Lord that You will GREATLY BLESS them & we ask for healing for Lettie! Lord I thank You that Lettie sucked her bottle today!! We give thanks to You! Summer~Praying for a good night for Lettie & you tonight! In His Love,Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer I am thanking God for for all of Lettie's improvements for the day! I will always believe that your little Lettie's smile will return to you. You know she is in God's hands. He loves her more than you do! I know that is almost so hard to believe. I will continue to keep Lettie in my prayers and she will always be in my heart. Thank you for the pictures you post. She is so precious.
    Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanking GOD and continued prayer.....p. brown, knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for the good news! Way to go with drinking from the bottle Lettie! It will come back, all in God's perfect timing! It's rough re-learning things. God reminded me of a verse this evening. It was my friend, Christy's favorite verse. She lost her battle to leukemia when we were freshman in high school but she always had this verse posted on her wall: "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14. She always said that there wasn't really anything she could do to fight her illness, her life was in God's hands. He would fight for her and all she needed to do was trust him to heal her.
    I know God is fighting your battle and He is ALWAYS victorious! Praying for precious Lettie, Erin L

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer,
    I just started following you blog on your Precious little Lettie. My hairdresser is from your home town and she was telling me about you all and gave me the link. We live in Knoxville and have been down a path very much like yours. Our daughter is now almost 21 months old and we did a left temporal lobectomy last August. She started clinical seizures in July 09 and by the 26th day of August is was lifeless. (we think now she had seizures from the beginning just no outward signs) Meds did not help her, we tried a lot of different med combos and surgery was the only option for her. We still have rough days and my heart goes out to you. Although I do not know exactly what you are going through I can relate having been with Addison not knowing what the out come would be. She like Lettie has so much therapy a week, she still doesn't sit on her own or roll or stand she makes progress with each passing week. We have also used the Vigabatrin for controling the Infantile Spasms. We finally weaned off of all our seizure meds except Keppra. Addison had her surgery done at LeBonheur Childrens in Memphis, we go for our first MRI in almost a year in August. We are scared as I guess we always will be. Enough about us...just wanted to tell you that our thougths and prayers are with you and we will continue to follow Lettie's progress.
    Suzanne Clapp
    To read our story...carepages.com then search addisonclapp all one word all lowercase.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to let you know we are praying for your sweet precious little girl. God is working in her life, she will be healed!
    Shannon & Mitch Wheeler

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lettie was added to another prayer list tonight and I shared your blog with several women at vacation bible school. Theres several more now praying for Lettie! Still praying!
    Holly Green & family

    ReplyDelete
  15. Summer, so glad Lettie drank from her bottle today. Also, so glad that doctors discovered the UTI that was causing the fever. Hopefully that will be taken care of soon now that she's being treated for it. I'm continuing to pray for God to heal her from the seizures..to take them away, totally and completely. Also praying that Lettie regains all feeling and movement on her left side. Praying that you and Lettie have a quiet and peaceful night tonight. Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer,

    I'm so glad you have some questions answered. The picture of Colette is so sweet. Your in my prayers. Have a peaceful night. Give Colette a hug.

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanking God each time I read your posts, for the little victories each day...and for the victories that are there and we don't know it yet! :) Anna asks about her "fwiend, Lettie" every time I sit down at my computer now. She has come to expect me to be on your blog several times a day and associates me at my desk with pictures of Lettie on the screen! She prayed for Lettie a very simple prayer "Jesus, heal Lettie, thank you". I sat here in agreement! Keeping that childlike faith as I pray for you daily. Praying your specific requests always, and lifting up your entire family. So glad to see progress and know He is at work!
    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Continuing prayers for you guys. Prayed a rosary today for Lettie and we had a mass before a staff meeting at work with the Bishop. In his homily, he talked about hope and how our whole faith is built in it and thus, it is our duty to God to keep it always in all circumstances. In God, there is always hope. Thus, I always pray for a miracle of complete and total healing for our kids impacted by IS.

    Call if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a little miracle Lettie is. I have had so many people ask about her and tell me that they are praying for her. She is reaching a nation and has no idea what her life means to so many. When I vision her older, I see her as a walking testament of the healing hand of God. There is no doubt that God is going to do big things with her. Summer, you are so strong. I pray daily for your strength. You could easily give up and think that God has forgotten you. You haven't...and He hasn't. His work through Lettie is proving that! Can't wait to see what He has in store for you all tomorrow :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete