Friday, July 16, 2010

More complications

Can we please get a break for just one day, one day is all I ask! You'll find me frustrated, tired, and emotionally spent in this post. It's 1:15 am & we have spent the last 5 hours trying to find a vein! When I say 5 hours I'm not exaggerating. The IV we had in her left leg became very swollen, and sore...infiltrated is the word I think they use. This led us to have to find a new spot which this poor child has no veins left that aren't bruised or blown. We had IV therapy, ER nurses, and finally a nurse from the NICU got one but it was very painful for Lettie. The only place left for them to stick was the palm side of her right wrist, which leaves her with the movement of her right leg. Sounds fun, huh! Her temp was 100.3 earlier and now it's 101.3. What the heck is going on here! I feel like I'm gonna wake up soon and this all just be a nightmare...how I wish this were true. Tonight as I prayed, I told God to disregard what I said and ignore my frustrations. I still have undeniable faith in my Lord, but as a person, a mother who's been in this stinkn' hospital for almost 3 weeks I'm just over it already. I want one solid, good day with no complications, no temp., no seizures, no swelling, no feeding problems..... I know I'm asking a lot but I feel Lettie deserves that. Let's face it she's only two and she can't speak for herself, heck she can't even move the left side of her body, so as her advocate I'll tell you she's over this as well. I'm so stressed over this keto diet as well. She eats the food fine, but I cannot get this child to suck on her bottle. I've decided that tomorrow I'm demanding they remove the NG tube and give her a chance to try to drink without that tube going down her throat. If we have to put it back it, trust me , we've been through worse things. I'm truly sorry you all are having to hear nothing tonight but my frustrations but we all have bad days and this is one of them for me. I'm homesick and ready to get on the path of recovery and stay on it. I'm so tired of getting so close and then another obstacle arise. I pray,pray,pray for some freedom for my daughter. She is so miserable tonight. I just want to stomp my feet and scream at the top of my lungs," Give us a break already!" But since it's almost 2 am and some people may actually be sleeping in this place, I'll just close my eyes, bow my head, and pray that my God will deliver us from this situation so very soon. Thank you so much for allowing me to let my guard down and vent! I'm not giving up, so don't think that, I'm just ready to get to the other side of this mountain we've been climbing for so long!

59 comments:

  1. He hears you at all times and YES you all do deserve a break. It will come.... Stay strong, hold on, and follow your heart. Mama's ALWAYS know best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are allowed to have your moments, so its okay to vent and get it out. God understands. Believe me, I know how you feel.

    The vanc can really burn going in and is rough on the veins. See if they can do a pic line? They maybe holding of because the pic is usually for longer term antibiotic treatment, but it certainly would help if they could just go ahead. Evan had a really hard time with the vanc and veins until he got the pic.

    Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer you are doing great, you have more than earned the right to be frustrated I believe you have earned the right to do alittle more than that. Just know that we are still praying and will keep doing so untill all is well, and it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learned of letties story and i check the progress 2-3 times i can't get her and your family out of my heart... I feel i have known you all forever. i am praying for a better day God please have your hand on lettie today for peaceful day.Summer know God is in that room..much love Tracy R.N

    ReplyDelete
  5. He knows your frustrations more than you do. Only God has given you the strength you've had and He will continue to. I read the increased strength you've had in your recent posts, it shows. It gives your followers strength and trust in God that if he can give you guys strength to get through this He will give us strength to get through our hurdles which in comparison are nothing but minimal! I continue to pray for no seizures, left side movement, NG tube removal, no infection, wake up sleepy brain, wisdom, discernment, peace that surpasses all understanding and above all complete healing!! God will bless you and reward Lettie and your family. Shut your eyes take a deep breath and feel all of the angels in her room, they are surrounding you in every corner, protecting. I KNOW it!! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was beginning to wonder if you were on some magic medication because you havent broke down at all on here it seems to me. Just kidding. :) We all totally understand that you are frustrated & probably furious with the progress or lack thereof...that makes you HUMAN, not terrible. You are such a faithful & wonderful family and you have given so many people the strength, desire. and "ability" to believe and trust in the Lord. That little girl is an angel in our midst. Sweet Lettie absolutely deserves a break...and so do you. We will pray mostly for a restful & peaceful day for all of you, especially that precious baby girl. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was beginning to wonder if you were on some magic medication because you havent broke down at all on here it seems to me. Just kidding. :) We all totally understand that you are frustrated & probably furious with the progress or lack thereof...that makes you HUMAN, not terrible. You are such a faithful & wonderful family and you have given so many people the strength, desire. and "ability" to believe and trust in the Lord. That little girl is an angel in our midst. Sweet Lettie absolutely deserves a break...and so do you. We will pray mostly for a restful & peaceful day for all of you, especially that precious baby girl. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth Britton BoringJuly 16, 2010 at 7:50 AM

    Don't feel guilty about your feelings, anyone would feel the same as you do now. Having experienced NG tubes before I know how sore they can make your throat, so it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't want to swallow. Have they mentioned a central line or other ways of getting her nutrition and meds?
    When reading about your frustrations I thought of Footprints in the sand. We all grow weak or frustrated at times, He will carry you Summer. Not only are we praying for Lettie, but you as well, I pray for your strength in this fight for Lettie. Mothers are amazing, and you are doing an amazing job. You are an inspirations to others following this.
    Loving and Praying for you and Mark too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God has a positive answer:

    YOU SAY GOD SAYS BIBLE VERSES
    You say: "It's impossible" God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)
    You say: "I'm too tired" God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
    You say: "Nobody really loves me" God says: I love you (John 3:1 6 & John 3:34)
    You say: "I can't go on" God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
    You say: "I can't figure things out" God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5- 6)
    You say: "I can't do it" God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
    You say: "I'm not able" God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)
    You say: "It's not worth it" God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28)
    You say: "I can't forgive myself" God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
    You say: "I can't manage" God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
    You say: "I'm afraid" God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
    You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated" God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
    You say: "I'm not smart enough" God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)
    You say: "I feel all alone" God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)
    PASS THIS ON. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MAY BE IN NEED
    The first sentence is pretty powerful!
    God determines who walks into your life.... it’s up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go."

    Father, God bless all my friends in whatever it is that you know they may need this day! And may their life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as they seek to have a closer relationship with you. Amen.

    Summer & Mark
    I have been where you've been & let me tell you something..it's ok to get mad at God. He's big enough to handle it. Cast all your cares on him for he cares for you. This is an attack from Satan hitting you where you are weakest. It's hard being a mom & watch you little one suffer, especially when she can't speak for herself. All I can tell you is to tie a knot at the end of that rope and hang on for dear life. When things seem the darkest and you feel you can't take anymore, run to God with all that you have and lay it at his feet. It's when times are the darkest & you feel like giving up cause you are so tired, just wait on God. Like an eclipse the darkness cannot overshadow the sun. God is like that, he illuminates the darkness and satan has to flee. Speak the word over Lettie over and over again. He flees when he hears scripture..you are speaking truth and he can't stand it! Go to Joyce Meyers website and type in healing scripture and you will get hundreds of verses that will comfort & uplift& encourage you! Start journaling your feelings, concerns and prayers in a journal. It is very freeing to write it down in black & white. It also reminds you later as you go back & look to see how God has answered your prayers. We are fervantly praying for both of you! God is still on the throne & he cares about every detail of your lives. We love you all.

    Kim & Anthony Brewer
    Northstar

    ReplyDelete
  10. God loves you so much. Let me ask you a question. Do you stop loving your children when they yell at you? No. You as a parent know what's best for them and no matter what they say to you, you love them. God is YOUR parent. He understands! You have EVERY right to be tired and upset. He understands you need to yell and scream and rant and rave. It's OK....Please don't apologize in your post for expressing your feelings. Many strangers (me being one of them!)are praying for you, Lettie, and your family. Let US lift your spirits with prayer. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. praying...p. brown, knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there girl! Don't apologize for being real and transparent. This is a great testimony to others that even when weak and tired we have a Father that catches us and carries the burden. God loves it when we trust Him enough to run to him with All of our emotions. I'm sure He wishes we were all that way in our daily walk. I'm praying for a peaceful and uneventful day. Lord, if it be your will give this family and sweet little girl rest today. We pray for your divine intervention and know that you are working in Lettie. If possible, show them hope today and give them Godly wisdom in every decision to be made. We are still praying for miracles, Lord. There is no doubt you are bigger than all this so we put it all at your feet and ask your perfect plan be done. In your precious name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I know you dont know me, but Ive just started praying for you...I just saw your blog on a FB post...my name is Melissa Lonas and I also have 3 kids, 8,5, and also a 2 yr old, so I can completely relate to sweet Lettie being "over it", because my Emma Grace gets like that sometimes!! Im friends w/Nicole McCord and Kara Baumann, and Im going to put you on my bloglist to continue praying for your sweet family...your son looks ALOT like mine, so I feel very close to you all already!!! ha ha...I pray for sweet Lettie to have pure joy on her face and her heart today, and praying for you, as a mama, to enjoy being just that today, a mama...Because no matter what were faced with concerning our children, we still have the blessing of HAVING them...wow, God is Good.."Children are a heritage and a blessing from the Lord"..Its really nice to meet you all...Love you....and praying God will perform a healing miracle,,,he will...just give it time..

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much wisdom in the previous posts! Praise GOD for such a safety net in His word, in His wisdom, in His LOVE! Such freedom to let it all out and give it to HIM. Praising God in this storm...He asks us to bless Him at all times and I know when I am in the storm I can be found from time to time telling Him what He already knows, instead of curling up in His lap and just listening to His heart beat, feeling His loving arms around me, sheltering me from the junk that drove me to His lap in the first place. I pray this morning that He scoops you up and sits you in His lap, bringing your weary and overworked head to rest on His chest. That you rest there a minute or two, hearing the heartbeat of the Father who loves you, and your Lettie bug, more than we are able to comprehend. I pray that in this moment of refuge your feelings are overcome by His grace, His sheer presence, leaving you refreshed and surrounded in a new understanding-that it's all His work that is taking place, He is in all of it, and He will see you out if it. God's miracles are going to show up in some unexpected places, He's just like that! Be expectant for His work, and excited that we don't know what that looks like!! =D
    You are so loved, so prayed for, and Lettie is just adored!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. If God brings you to it, God will see you through it. Please be strong. You have such a group that is pulling and praying for your whole family. But it is OK to have weak days, cus we are here to be your rock, and God always is. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Summer,
    I'm praying for you today! Thank you for your transparency so we can know specifically how to pray!These two songs were on my heart today for you. I hope you will be blessed and encouraged! Much love and prayers-Theresa Bardwell

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ffdbo9Hypo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=RvIEJ_PmqJ8&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am praying for you all. You don't know me, but I know Mary and this situation you are in bears on my mind and heart. When my daughter was 18 months old (she is 34 now) she was in Vandy for 3 weeks and had surgery. I know a little about what your feeling, but it was nothing compared to what you all are experiencing now with your little precious baby girl. I pray that God will give a good day and strength to endure, and that things will trun around today.

    Jean Samples

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for being real and transparent. It makes you human. Also sometimes you have to be real and let it all out. I affirm you for letting it out. B/c now we can pray more specifically for you and Lettie. You are not alone. You have a an army/tribe/nation praying for you. We all hold you up, carry and share your burden.

    Melissa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  19. God says], do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    - Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
    Hang in there Summer, if you need to vent just email me. afields@cityofalcoa-tn.gov
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would have thrown a fit long before now. I lift you and Lettie up for strength, patience and understanding. many prayers and sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praying w/out ceasing for God to work miraculously in Lettie's body & believing GOD IS ABLE! "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we all ask or imagine,according to His power that is @ work within us."Ephes. 3:20 Summer you have amazed me by your patience & endurance. Most people would have been where you were @ 1:15 this am a LONG time ago! We appreciate your transparency & better know how to pray for YOU for Mark. The Lord will sustain you when you think you can't go on. I'm praying SO that God will intervene in such a MIGHTY way! Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  22. GO OUTSIDE AND SCREAM AND SCREAM. YOU DESERVE TO VENT. BUT, DON'T FORGET TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THY HEART. I PRAY GOD WILL USE LETTIE BUG TO SHOW JUST HOW GREAT HE IS. I EXPECT A MIRACLE AND SOON. THANK YOU GOD FOR YOUR HEALING POWER AND YOUR SAVING GRACE. CHRISTINE

    ReplyDelete
  23. As I said when I hugged you...you are an wonderful mother..Lettie is blessed that God gave her to you. you are taking such good care of her. The road will get easier soon. One day at a time. When I was running this morning, I was listening to "I know you're there" (by Casting Crowns) and praying for you. He knows the hair on our heads..He knew us in the womb...He knows how you feel...He's gonna take care of you! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  24. Summer~
    I despise that you and your baby are suffering. I am praying continually for you all.
    Just remember every trial has a beginning and an end. You are now much closer to the end than the beginning. This won't last forever. God has his hands on you all and you will come out of this with a testimony like no other.
    Do for Lettie what you feel is right. Don't doubt yourself because God is and has been giving you wisdom.

    Amanda Robbins-Green

    ReplyDelete
  25. Summer,
    I'm so sorry that you and Lettie had such a terrible night. You have been so strong through all of this, it's about time that you had a minor meltdown. I would have had one a long time ago. No one expects for you to be so strong all the time, we already know how much faith you have. You have demonstrated that all through this journey. I wish I were there to give you a huge hug and just let you know that you are a great mom to Lettie. We all know it's so hard for you to sit and watch your daughter in pain while doctors search for a vein. I went through the same exact thing when my husband was going through his cancer treatments...it's not fun to watch. You just want to tell the nurses, doctors, whoever is doing it, just stop, stop hurting her (or him, in my husband's case). I'm still praying for all the same things that I've been praying for the last few days, that won't stop. Today I'm also praying that there is someone there with you that can give you a hug and an encouraging word throughout the day when you need it. I know that doesn't sound like a big thing, but it's what kept me going at times when I was sitting in my husband's hospital room for days at a time. We all love Lettie and everyone of us is praying for a miracle for her. God is good! Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mark and Summer,
    We have been following your blog and praying for your family and Lettie. You have been such an inspiration and testimony to so many as we watch you walk this journey of faith with God and the healing of your precious little one. Just a verse to encourage you today. Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and a shield: The Lord will give grace and glory: No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. I am claiming that verse for you. We love you and are fervently interceding on your behalf. We have had our share of trials lately and nothing compares to what you are going thru, but I know that God is good. Isaiah 48:10 says Behold," I have refined you. but not as silver: I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. Through all our fiery trials, his presence is both our comfort and safety. he will never forsake us. Continue to " Ask, Seek, And Knock", Because we have a Heavenly Father who knows and desires to give good gifts to His children. Matthew 7:11 " These verses have comforted me as I go thru my own trials of having a prodigal teenage daughter. Hope they encourage you. Love, Karen Clark

    ReplyDelete
  27. Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is CLOSE TO THE BROKENHEARTED and SAVES THOSE WHO ARE CRUSHED IN SPIRIT."
    It is absolutely OK to be upset, angry, frustrated, OVER IT, withdrawn.. etc. My very wise father in law, while battling cancer, gave my husband and I wonderful and freeing advice.. he said that God doesn't expect you to be joyful all the time in affliction, all He wants is for you to run TO Him and not away. You are doing that, Summer and Mark. Do not let the enemy make you feel guilty, for one second, for your feelings. He just wants to further destroy you. Take comfort in Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. I fully believe it is a model for those of us walking through grief and heavy burdens. He KNEW the cup would not pass, but he prayed for it to anyway.. to show us that we can!! He also sweat blood under the anguish of knowing the cross was coming.. he was happy and joyful through the pain.. he was in anguish! AND HE WAS FULLY GOD!!! He knows your precious mothers heart and certainly expects no less from you.. fully human!! Jesus, come quickly, Lord. Draw so near to Summer and Mark in this greatest time of need. Show yourself strong, Mighty Lord and able to save sweet Lettie!! We are praying!!

    Psalm 34
    I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
    Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
    Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry; the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken. Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned. The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Coming from a mom thats had a child in the hospital, although clearly not as sick as your preciouse baby girl. Your the only person thats going to advicate for your child and no one knows your baby as well as you do! If you feel your baby needs sosmething, or that something is just not right, or your baby has been poked by eveyone in the hospital you have the right to say enough is enough!
    If you feel like screaking and yelling, then do it, find somewhere private and let'r rip! it wont solve anything but it will make you feel better to let your emotions go and let the stress out so you can go back to your baby and be there 100% for her.

    He is hearing your prayers,but sometimes his will isnt always the outcome we are asking for. In HIS time he will reveal His will. 1Th 5:17 Prey endlessly

    ReplyDelete
  29. sorry, thats suppossed to say he was NOT happy and joyful through the pain -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  30. Summer, our pediatrician has always told me that mom's know better than doctors sometimes. NO one knows Lettie like you do. So do not be afraid to tell them that something different needs to be done. You are her main advocate. We are praying for all of you without ceasing. We love your baby like she is ours too now. Please know that we are here, praying, loving all of you. LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  31. Summer, I am praying along with so many others for you and your little Lettie. I am sure she feels the comfort of the angels as she struggles. A child so innocent and with out sin has to be so close to our Lord. I am so sorry as a mother you have to suffer for your child. I know if asked by our Lord you would not hesitate to do so for any of your children. Just as Jesus did for us. You are living his example! You are doing what he is asking of you. Your frustration proves that you know HE IS REAL! He loves you so much. I have also asked all of the angels and saints to pray for you and Lettie before the Lord our God. I will be praying for you all day and of course Lettie. You are all in my heart for the duration of Lettie's recovery. I am still praying for a smile for you from Lettie. Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  32. Summer, what happened to the care conference? Let your anger out before the docs, social worker etc. The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Always praying throuh tears and love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ask for a Picc line. It means: peripherally inserted central catheter - PICC. Which means it going in at her peripery (aka: arm) but the tip of the catheter rests right above the heart. It is the same as having a IJ (intrajugular line) but instead of it hanging out of her neck, it'll be in the upper inside of her arm. Also, there is no risk for infilration with central catheters. You dont have to be getting longterm antibiotics to get a picc - it provides a reliable IV access without the risk of infilration or causing trauma to the veins from potent medications being contantly run through. AND, if she has to leave the hospital with any IV medication, home health can maintain the line as well as give medications at home with the line. This all applies to adults, not sure about if they do piccs with children. The risk of having to place IVs over and over is bloodclots and infection. Everytime they poke unsuccessfully it causes trauma to her veins, not to mention pain. If they cant do a picc, ask if they will try to place the next IV with the ultrasound machine. The ultrasound will allow them to visualize the vein instead of blindly poking. Just a suggestion...once again, you know I dont know much about pediatric nursing. Praying for you guys!! -Heather Bolinger
    P.S. I like piccs. I dont know if you got that from the above statements....gosh, I should work the the PICC manufacturers!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Summer, Every mom who is following your blog and praying for little Lettie TOTALLY understands your anger and frustration. Jesus was angry when He cast the money changers from the temple. It's OK... actually in your situation, it's expected! Just cast your cares, your worries, your fear AND your anger on God. He WILL give you rest.
    Praying without ceasing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Summer

    I hope and pray things will get better soon. No matter what we say or do no one knows what you are going through. You have everyright to be mad. God will understand.
    Ask about the Pic line.
    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  36. Summer,
    I understand how you feel! Just keep hanging in there! I have been reminded lately that God is an ON TIME GOD. It is just simply HARD to wait even though we know God BUT just don't understand HIM. I know you are trusting HIM anyway.
    With Love & prayers
    Robin Farley

    ReplyDelete
  37. Summer you are a wonderful mother and so much stronger than I would be in your place!!! God made you Lettie'd mom because you are so strong and faithful. If there is ANYTHING we can do to help you just call. Hang in there and we love you guys!!!

    Scott & Angie

    ReplyDelete
  38. Today many people have changed their profile pics to ladybugs on Facebook. This serves as a reminder to pray extra hard for Lettie and also for you and Mark today. You wouldn't believe the ladybugs popping up everywhere!! Lettie has captured so many hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  39. God hears us at all times......He allows us to be human and scream at the top of our lungs!!! SUMMMER you need to take a 5 minute walk to a quiet secluded place!!! SCREAM, STOMP, YELL,& CRY!!!! Then pray, pick yourself back up and walk back into that hospital and fight for Lettie!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Summer your post has really touched me this morning. We've been praying for Lettie and for you all too but your post just makes me realize how we need to pray for comfort for you and Mark. I can't even begin to know how it would feel to see your baby go through all this. Knowing that God is in control of this doesn't take away the very nature of a mom and dad that He created in you. That nature that tells you to protect and care for this child. I'm asking God to reassure you today that you are being so faithful in your care of Lettie at this time and that you are doing just what He needs you to do. I pray for the good day that you all need. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  41. God loves a lullaby
    In a mothers tears in the dead of night
    Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.

    We pour out our miseries
    God just hears a melody
    Beautiful the mess we are
    The honest cries of breaking hearts
    Are better than a Hallelujah.

    May the lyrics of this song remind you all that God lives to hear our cries of despair and anguish, for He is the great healer! Never feel ashamed about being frustrated, for God loves a humble heart. May you feel abundant strength right now as you love Lettie through her healing process. She will be healed! In the Lord's name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your strenghth and faith have been an inspiration to so many,there are so many people praying for little Lettie. And it is ok to get upset and frustrated at times, I'm sure that God understands that, after all we are only human. I had a little brother that was very sick when he was a baby, and I watched my mom and dad go through so much, but could always see their faith through all of it. You and your whole family are continually in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  43. Stay strong Summer!You are a great mom and we understand your pain!We are praying so hard for Lettie and for stremgth for your whole family!You go ahead and vent!There are ladybugs all over facebook!Lettie bug is touching alot of hearts!Jamie G

    ReplyDelete
  44. I don't know if it will help but when my son was a baby they ran out of places for the IV so they put it in his scalp. That sounds awful but it actually worked out very well. Praying for your family...

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am so sorry for everything that is going on with you guys. You are an inspiration to me and my family. I have been in rough spots with my son and doubted that God was there, but you are going through all this and yet stay strong and faithful. You have a beautiful family and I pray everyday that Lettiebug will start showing signs of improvment and that they will find a way to work around IVs...a pic line sounds great at this point. If she will be there for a while longer I don't see why they wouldn't do that... Your family is always in my heart and on my mind. Stay rested and stay strong...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Praying for you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Tears are flowing. Kaysn and I just prayed. Please go outside 1st chance u get... get n ur car... shut the door... and scream. Just let it out girl. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  48. We are praying now, Summer and Mark. We love all of you. LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sending up prayers for Lettie and you all! Praying for you to get answers and peace of mind. I know God will take care of each of you.

    Hayley Isbill

    ReplyDelete
  50. My prayers are with you family and for lil Lettie continuously. You have the right to vent and let it all out. God hears all our prayers and he will answer them. God bless you and your family. Lil Lettie is a strong, brave lil girl and such an insperation with her fight for life. Sending a prayer now for her and for you all.
    LeAnne Vaughn, Sweetwater, TN

    ReplyDelete
  51. Praying for Lettie and the lives she continues to touch through her story. Seeing all of those ladybugs on facebook gave me an AMAZING feeling!

    Love you guys,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  52. Mark and Summer, I don't know you personally, but I read about your story on facebook, and have starting praying for you and Lettie and will continuously until she is healed, I am a mother of a 19 month old and one on the way and feel so fortuate to have a healthy child, I do not understand the pain or frustration you feel but I will pray for your family and that you can continue to deal with this to the best of your ability. Remember the Lord is always listening and loves you to the deoth of your soul

    Beth Lamfers
    Nashville

    ReplyDelete
  53. Summer and Mark,
    I can't say anymore tahn the 52 post before mine, but know that we are praying for you. I left on Wed. with such a good feeling and then all this happens. Like many have said ask for a PICC line to be placed if you haven't already. Go outside and scream that you are ready for the miracle. We all are ready for it. I pray that yours and Lettie's day was better. May God continue to give you strength in this very trying time. Love all you guys, Candi

    ReplyDelete
  54. I work at East TN Children's Hospital though not a nurse. I see kids with PICC lines all the time. I have a few friends who's kids have cancer and they have ones as well as I have a few patients that have CF (cystic fibrosis) they have them too. Ask for it. All they can say is No. But it will minimize the pokes and prods and is good access for IV.

    Melissa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  55. If anyone deserves this verse Summer it is you. " Her children arise up and call her blessed."..Proverbs 31:28
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  56. Summer & Mark,
    You probably don't know me but I used to work with Mary at FPA...I have been following Lettie through your blog. Your strength and faith is truly an inspiration to me, especially as a mother! My heart breaks for you every time I read of another set back. I too was going to suggest that you ask about a PICC line...we use them at the hospital all the time, though I'm not sure about using them in pediatrics, especially when her immune system may already be compromised...they could view it as another source for an infection to set up. Just know there are soooo many people here thinking about you all and Lettie each & every day! We'll keep praying hard...I hope soon you have better news and definitive answers so you can get started with recovery!

    Ashley Sands Alston

    ReplyDelete
  57. You don't know me at all, but I just have to say you are an amazing woman! I so would have pitched a fit a long time ago. I see your strength & your deep faith in GOD. He is there w/you! I see that in your posts. It's amazing to read all the places where He is, in this journey you are experiencing. I pray for Lettie & your entire family that this to shall pass. GOD is in control! And I see Him there w/you. Keep your faith!! It's ok to break down. He is listening & does answer. Hang in there. I'm praying for Lettie, you & your family. GOD Bless you all!!!
    Diana Finley - Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  58. We all are all praying for you little Lettie will get better send her our love!

    ReplyDelete