Sunday, July 11, 2010
Praying for a peaceful night
Well, the family has left the building! It was a very difficult separation for me. I know Mark & the kids will be back later in the week but it's so hard to disconnect and remain here. My mother in law, Mary, is staying with me and she has loads of medical knowledge so that gives me great comfort. Lettie has been restless this afternoon after her seizure. She is resting well now which makes me nervous because every time she sleeps this soundly she wakes to a seizure...just like old times. The neurosurgeon on call today wasn't really concerned, as usual, with her left side moving during the seizure. He said paths could be crossing on a sub-cortical level. Our concern is that something on the right side isn't disconnected. Dr. Pearson should be in tomorrow and he has some questions we need answered. I tried giving her the bottle again today, but no luck. She just won't suck; however, the keto formula she is taking through her NG tube is what I had to offer and I tasted it...let's just say it's a close to liquid chalk as anything could be. I'm gonna talk to the nutritionist tomorrow and try for something more flavorful. Please continue to pray for Lettie's seizures to STOP and for her to drink from her bottle. I feel better now that Mary & I have settled in to our "home away from home". I want to say a special thank you to Dallas & Melissa Presley. I graduated with both of them & Melissa went to Hiwassee with me as well. I probably haven't seen them since high school or college but Dallas was in Nashville & stopped by to give us a card that was so sweet & gave us a gift card as well. I cannot put into words how awesome that made me feel that somebody I haven't seen in years would take the time to do that. I'm hear to tell you all that God is working in CRAZY ways through this situation. Lettie is like a vessel that people are drawn to and when they hear about her or meet her they see what a precious individual only God could create. I'll end with this... today when she had her seizure it was the worst one since surgery but I did not cry or get angry. I just stood by her side & talked to her and told her it was gonna be ok. I have this feeling that God is gonna fix this and make her alright. For some reason something isn't happening that God needs to happen but when it does we're gonna see a miracle in our Lettie bug & God is gonna show us that the power of prayer cannot be underestimated! I love you all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Lord, I stand in agreement tonight with Summer and ask in the name of Jesus: please stop the seizures Lettie is having. Father, I ask that you allow her to drink from her bottle. We know You are able, we ask that you be willing tonight. We trust You and have faith that You will see Lettie through the morning without incident. Heal her body Lord. Wrap Yourself around Summer, Mary and Lettie tonight and provide rest. Give peace to Mark, Coop and Jack. Cover them with Your peace and give them wisdom and discernment. Bless the hands that treat Lettie in the morning. Give her a good night and better morning, Lord. Thanking You for hearing our cry. Thank You Father, for Your favor. In You Son, our Savior's mighty name: Jesus. amen"
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say real quick how encouraged and overjoyed I am to see the strength God is giving you right now!!! He is with you and protecting your every moment. The power in the saints joining together in prayer is being seen in you!!!! How faithful is He??!!! And ps.. I totally agree.. the world is falling in love with your sweet Lettie girl! God has chosen her to show His power and glory!
ReplyDeleteIsaiah 35:1,6,10
The desert and the parched land will be glad;
the wilderness will rejoice and blossom.
Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy...Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert..Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away
~I cannot wait to see how Lettie blooms! Continuing to pray..
Thank you so much for your post tonight. I will continue to pray for you and your little Lettie. God hears all of our prayers and sees all of our tears for little Lettie. I know she is in His hands. Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteWe really wanted to come see Lettie this weekend, but it just didn't work out.I wanted to let you know that I have been getting so many messages on FB from people asking me to tell you all that they are praying and thinking about Lettie. I get personal messages from people telling me that her story is so touching to them. I don't even know these people, yet I feel connected to them because of her!! I can tell that they are truly concerned for you all. Itt just amazes me how many people are following you all.
ReplyDeleteAgain, I feel so bad that we haven't been there. But we have been here, praying many times per day. Lettie is just taking her time to heal. You know how they say all babies are different. Well she is going to heal in her own way. Maybe it is meant for her to touch many lives through her healing...and for that it is going to last a little longer. Just stay positive and all of us will too!! We all love you guys!!!
Angie & Scott
I saw a link to your blog on facebook through a friend of a friend and though I don't know you, I spent an hour reading your past updates on your beautiful daughter. I became enthralled by your inspiring journey. The faith you have displayed is amazing...your family is such an inspiration! May God Bless You!!
ReplyDeletePraying for a good night for you all. We love you Britton Family!!! Summer if you need anything at all I can come down anytime. I mean it. I know what it is like to be at Vandy and your family to be here in KNoxville. I can come anytime you need anything, even if it is just to give you and Mary a small break!
ReplyDeleteHope Lettie had a good night, we're still here praying. Love Peggy
ReplyDeleteDear Summer,You don't know me, but you graduated with my son Bruce. I also work for Lisa Archer. She told me about your beautiful little girl.I have been reading all that your family has been through. I have asked everyone I know to pray for you all,and to put you on their prayer chains.There are not enough words to express how Lettie and your family has touched people.In her own way,Lettie is bringing people closer to God,and great things are going to happen.God Bless you.
ReplyDeleteSummer, I am sure that there are times when you feel so all alone, especially now that Mark and the kids have returned home. But, I just want to reassure you that you are NOT alone. God has promised that He will never leave us and SO many are lifting you up in prayer. We may not be able to be there physically, but we are all there spiritually, interceding on little Lettie's behalf. I am praying specifically for your strength, that God will increase your faith and that you will continue to have His peace about His hand in Lettie's healing.
ReplyDeletePraying...p.brown, knoxville
ReplyDeleteSummer - I just wanted to let you know that my son had a NJ tube (same thing as NG but goes further down into the small intestine) and he stopped sucking also. It is very uncomfortable for them to suck with that tube & their throat is sore. We had to spoon feed liquids & they also have a thickening agent to put in it which helps...it's called Thick-It. So hang in there, that may be the issue with your sweet gal. My family is continuing to pray for you. I have never met you but got to know "Grandpa" when we would go to Methodist Rehab on Thursdays. He use to keep me updated but we switched therapists and only go on Tuesdays now. We've crossed paths but haven't officially met...my son is 2 and has Down syndrome - we see you on Tuesday mornings. Anyway, I am a big believer in prayer and we will continue to lift you up. With God anything is possible but I know you are on a rough journey right now. Hang in there, HE will see you through it.
ReplyDelete