Monday, July 12, 2010
Uneventful...so far
Lettie had a fair night. The right side of her head is really bothering her, it's either itching or aching. She is still very sore when we move her and cries. Good news that we haven't had a seizure since yesterday afternoon. The drs. increased her klonapin to three times a day thinking that would help with the seizures. I'm praying for a boring day of no seizures and gains in her physical abilities. Unfortunately, we have not had the best experience through this ordeal. We see new faces everyday and are constantly having to describe how Lettie was prior to surgery and then we ask questions and don't seem to get any clear answers. This should improve soon because our nurse today is just as frustrated as we are and she has requested that patient affairs and social work get involved. Let's pray that Lettie tries better to take her bottle today and that we have no seizures today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My prayers are with you and Lettie throughout this day and everyday. May God strengthen you today as you feed Lettie.I will pray that Lettie will accept her bottle so that she can be nourished.
ReplyDeleteI found you through Hutton's Caring Bridge updates. I am praying for Lettie and your family now.
ReplyDeletePraying that you get some answers today and some progress with her taking her bottle. Will continue to pray for no seizures and Lettie''s complete healing. And strength for you.
ReplyDeleteLeaAnne Dollar
I am looking forward to seeing you and Lettie tomorrow. I know that God is in this upcoming visit. I pray that you will have a totally boring day today and have time to rest alittle. Let Mary help you. You are a great Mom!
ReplyDeleteMany thoughts and prayers! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteDear Summer and Mark, As I read your updates my heart breaks. I wake up during the night and pray for you and your precious daughter. Our God is an AWESOME God and HE will sustain you. I wish I could do something to help you through all of this. Your family is absolutely precious. Please know many, many prayers are being sent on your behalf. Please keep the faith... Sending lots and lots of love from East TN.
ReplyDeletePraying SO hard for y'all! My family has experienced very similar situation when my brother-in-law was in a large teaching hospital. Five different consulting Drs,each w/their own team of PA's,nurse practitioners & interns & each 1 asked ?s & we had to repeat the same info over & over. He was in the hospital for 8wks w/major complications after surgery for malignant mass on kidney. Finally got some better after pt liason/pt affairs got involved. Praying for continuity in care & great nursing care.Lisa C
ReplyDeletePraying to a great big God that Lettie takes her bottle today, has no more seizures, and has no pain or discomfort. Like others, I am praying that you have a boring day so that you and Mary can get much needed rest. I'm also praying that the right people will get involved to make your life less stressful thru this ordeal and help Lettie move on thru the healing process.
ReplyDelete