Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Much thanks to all

It's after midnight & I'm taking the first shift tonight to stay up with Lettie. I usually sit around and pray, pray some more, think, and play on the computer during my shift. Tonight I went to our blog, as usual, and read the comments, which I promise you, get me through this quiet darkness of the night. I love reading all the encouraging things you all have to share with us and especially the prayers. Sometimes I take the laptop, I'm a mac not a pc if you were wondering, over to Lettie's crib and read her the messages and prayers people send to us. Tonight I was especially overcome with gratitude to my sister in law, Angie. She started a facebook page to pray for Lettie.I don't do facebook but Mark has an account so I logged in and went to the page to be completely shocked by all the friends that had joined this. Seriously, as I post this my hands are still trembling from all the emotions that overcame me when I saw how many people are praying for my Lettie bug! I cannot put into words how comforting it is to know we have so much support from people everywhere. Let me tell you, God is gonna do great things with my baby, I just know it. Our team of nurses know it as well & it's so awesome to see how they all feel so welcome to come to our room and just talk. They watch us pray and hear our christian music we play for Lettie and I think it gives them hope and faith that God is in our room when you walk in here. The appearance and constant beeping of machines and wires looks so grim but God is in this room with us, I know it. Today while I was praying over Lettie, I could see Christ standing on the other side of the crib with his hands on her chest and head. To some this may sound crazy, but I'm telling you our Saviour is gonna get us through this! Matthew 19:26 says, "with man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible."

17 comments:

  1. With God all things are possible! I believe that, too. I'm praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Collette, I am your Grandma Diane's cousin Pam from Indianapolis, though we've never met I am sending love and thinking and praying about you and your family.
    Summer and Mark, Collette's name as well as your families has been shared on many prayer lists here as well. Please tell Diane, I send her my love too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't begin to tell you how much your faith has touched me,your blog is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing I do at night.I wake several times during the night and Colette is always on my mind,I pray for you all til I go back to sleep.Keep the faith God is with you and will never leave you.We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the facebook group called? I know God uses facebook to get the word out about situations where miracles are needed, and I've seen them happen! If you'd like to see an example of one child who is healthy and happy today--due to prayer and miracles--go to http://mycharmingkids.net/category/stellans-story/
    It's an amazing and encouraging story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that you are going through this but you are not alone. I will pray for God to bless you and for his will to be done. Be strong and help each other and remember to tell eachother that you love each other. God please bless this family and touch this little child in Jesus name omen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer & Mark,
    I'm glad Dr. Pearson was able to bring some more positivity to the discussion. I'm so sorry that you had the more negative neurology doc (I have an idea which one that was). You guys are strong and you have your faith, family, friends, each other, and lots of prayers to help with that strength. I just have this feeling everything is going to be okay. Summer, I hope you've been getting my texts. I didn't want to call when I wasn't sure if it was an okay time, but please don't hesitate to call if you need to talk. I hope its okay that I posted your link and requested prayers for Colette on Evan's Caringbridge site. More prayer warriors going at it always helps.
    Love, peace, and blessings to you all!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer I think we all have to say thanks to you for allowing us all to share in this journey. The fact that you can share your thoughts in some of the hardest times means so much to us all. God is with you, I know he is and he will heal that little Lettie! It might take some time but he will. I'm praying that today is a good day for Lettie. Take care, Candi
    P.S. She looks so cute with her pigtails

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer, I can't find the Facebook group either. Do you know the exact name of the group? I know that LOTS of people have been posting links to your blog. Let me know if you'd like me to help you link your blog to Mark's facebook account so everyone on there can see them automatically as they are written. Thanks for the regular updates so we know what to pray for specifically each day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Summer and Mark,

    You may not remember me, but we went to college together...I believe it was Hiwassee. My youngest is close to Lettie's age. I am praying like crazy for your family and am going to pass this prayer request on to my Sunday School class at church. God is good and He will do great things with your precious little girl. As a parent, I know that this is the most difficult thing you have ever been through. I am praying for your strength and peace!

    Sincerely,
    Heather (Chunn) Grady

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't know me from Adam but I am following your blogspot via E. Roach on Facebook. Your Faith is incredible as is our Lord. I will pray for your Lettie, God's will, and for peace in your hearts. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. I am a friend of Jenny Tilley. I am praying for Lette and put her on our prayer request at my church. Central Baptist Church of Palm Coast, FL. Praying for her healing and for you and your family to draw strength from God's word and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see HIM there too!!! It's not "crazy", it's BELIEF! I believe with you! We all do! No doubt, no fear....just absolute faith in a God that is able to do GREAT things! Checking your blog several times throughout the day and praying constantly. Lettie's hair bows look so pretty in her hair:) "Father, we are so grateful for another day, a day YOU have made! We choose today to rejoice and count all joy the the chance to come before you and lift up Lettie, Summer and Mark, their whole family, the doctors and nurses to attend their every need. Jesus I thank You for being there, for your presence that is unmistakable! Holy Spirit, thank you for the comfort and council you bring Summer and Mark, the divine revelation you offer to the staff as they treat Lettie. We thank You for all that You have accomplished in this journey and ask for Lettie's body to be restored, touched by Your hand...the Healing Hand of God. Thank you for the hedge of protection that surrounds the Brittons. Thank you for the lives that are changed forever by their obedience, faith, and transparency. God, may You continue to be glorified each moment of their walk. Speak softly to their hearts today, giving them ears to hear. Move with purpose Dear Lord in their lives, giving them eyes to see. We know not to lean on our own understanding and to acknowledge you in all our ways, so You may go before us...guiding us, smoothing out every rough spot. I pray this knowledge of Your Truth become their "normal life", so consumed by You that there will be no doubt, no uncertainty, no despair, no more grim shadows-that Your Light will overcome their environment...as You have overcome the world! Jesus we love you and it's in Your Mighty, Matchless name I pray all these things today!AMEN."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Summer & Mark,
    I am blown away by your faith. We all prayed at church on Sunday for God to increase your faith as well as ours. That is one prayer I KNOW He has said yes to! Pastor Scott talked about how you can't just create or muster up faith, that you have to ask for it. God has given you amazing faith! I can't imagine what you're going through, but I really can't imagine you doing it without God. How grim and depressing that thought is!
    Like someone said earlier, I, too, check your blog first thing in the morning, throughout the day, and right before bed. Yesterday, my heart was just so heavy from what you went through during the night. This morning, I cried tears of joy at your all's faith and encouragement after talking to the neurologist and the faith you are showing the world! I think you'd be shocked at how many people are following your blog and praying for you all, just as you were surprised about facebook. God is being gloryfied in Colette's life and is drawing people to Himself in this dark world! She's a reflection of His glory! What an amazing testimony she has already!
    Love you all & praying without ceasing,
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  14. FYI, for those interested, I found the link to the Facebook group: Pray for Colette Britton

    ReplyDelete
  15. Summer and Mark, this post is an answer to my specific prayer last night. I've started to read the Bible in 90 days and yesterday one of the last few verses I read was Gen 28:16...and it literally jumped off the page. It says "Surely the Lord is in this place and I was not aware of it". That became my specific prayer, that every dr., nurse, visitor that set foot in Lettie's room would leave saying "Surely the Lord in this place"! It sounds like that is already happening...what a little missionary Lettie is already. Laying there in that bed, she is daily proclaiming the love and power of God, and so are you and Mark! Praying specifically for strength and some good healing rest for all of you today. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer...I just had to tell you this cool story! I am a huge facebook person and so I post the link to your blog about 2 or 3 times a day and ask for continued prayers. Last night a friend of mine on facebook instant messaged me and her message said...."Mandi, I don't know the Brittons but I have been praying for the several times a day and I look at their blog to get updates several times a day".

    I just though that was the coolest thing, that there are people everywhere praying for Lettie. Family, friends, church members, non church members, and people who have never even met you all are crying out to the Father on Letties behalf and are all fully expecting a MIRACLE!!!

    All I can say today is God is soooo Good!!

    It looks like her swelling has went down so much since I visited her on Saturday! She looks so cute with those pigtails! What a preciuos little blessing:<)

    We love you Brittons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It does not sound crazy at all! When my son was born, he had transient neonatal myasthenia gravis (I have myasthenia gravis, a nueromuscular disease, and he had a temporary form of it at birth because of my antibodies. He was in the NICU for 35 days)...we prayed over him and my mom sang to him every morning. God IS there, and with HIM ALL things ARE possible. I am believing with you that your little Lettie will be as good as new when she is completely recovered!
    God bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete