We are still waiting for labs and test results to come back. We did find out that her intracranial pressure is fine, so that's one thing to mark off the list. They gave her ativan to calm her before the lumbar puncture so she's sleeping now. Her temp was 100.6 again so they also gave her tylenol to bring that down. I'm praying we get some answers so we will be able to have a definitive plan to solve the problem. Her nurse just came in and said her white count is down to 20,600 and her urine test was fine. So far no bacteria in lumbar puncture but it has to grow for 3 days. I just pray we either find something or that her brain just wakes up miraculously.
I had a great visit today with two of my girlfriends, Greta and Juli. It was great to catch up and kind of take my mind off all this "stuff". It felt like old times. I look forward to more good times with girlfriends back home. We are still hooked up to the EEG and the care conference didn't happen today. I'm guessing they want to wait until we possibly have more answers or lack of answers. While the girls were here, we saw Lettie's left toe move a little. It just happened quickly and hasn't happened again but I'm hoping for more movement soon. I hope this wasn't a one time thing. For some reason, her right eye is starting to swell again and looks bruised. The doctor said we would watch it. Pray for test results that have a clear solution, more movement on left side, and for the left side of the brain to "wake up". Thank you God for all the little gains we had today. We know we owe them all to You! Last night I read Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe." I'm not going to be fearful in waiting for results. I'm going to believe she will get better....soon.
Summer, tonight at church (Inskip) we started another prayer-gram for Lettie and i explained in detail the specifics to pray for. We will continue praying for Lettie's complete healing. Just know there are so many praying for her right now and for your family.
ReplyDeleteLeaAnne Dollar
Summer we've been praying for you & Lettie all day. So glad there's no increased intracranial pressure-huge Praise! We continue Praying God will give Drs discernment & wisdom & that God will completely heal Lettie! Glad you were able to spend some time w/your friends! I've asked so many of my family, friends & coworkers to pray for Lettie. They all want to hear her story & they are so moved by her... & by yours & Mark's faith in the Lord. Please know that you are loved & prayed for continuously! In His Love~Lisa C
ReplyDeleteIt is great to hear good news from the test results so far!! God is awesome in His love for us! We will continue praying for Sweet Lettie's healing, specifically movement on her left side and for clear test results to enable the doctors to focus in on her treatment. Summer, we also continue to pray for your strength, and comfort and peace as you take care of your baby girl. I am so grateful for the example of true faith that you and your family are setting for others --- God is working in so many lives through all of yours. May He richly bless you through the healing of Colette!!
ReplyDeleteWe will take good news...YEAH! I rejoice with you.
ReplyDeletePraying that the left side of Lettie's brain will wake up soon, and that she will have full and complete ability to move the left side of her body as well. Praying that she will also express interest in her bottle again. Praying that test results answer all questions. Praying for wisdom for the doctors and a sense of peace and assurance for Summer and Mark. Valerie Allen
ReplyDeletepraying....p. brown, knoxville
ReplyDeletethat is our prayer and we all believe it too!
ReplyDeleteWe are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are overcomers and Lettie WILL overcome!