Lettiebug's physicians think she is stable enough to leave the ICU! It has been a wonderful day. She still has the feeding tube, but ate a few bites of applesauce! They are unsure why her white cells are still elevated. More blood tests were taken today and the blood culture should be ready tomorrow. She has only had a temperature a few times since this weekend but they think that the steroids she is on may be keeping the fever down, thus there might be an underlying infection. The next test that is being considered is with her cerebrospinal fluid. This would require a lumbar puncture, so they told us they are going to wait for the results from some of the blood tests first. She is still quite sedated, but by far more alert than she has been since her surgery last Tuesday. Today is the first day we have seen improvement at all post-op. What a praise!!! When talking to us they said they felt like she had improved from the "critical but stable" condition. I later asked Summer if they she had heard them use the word "critical condition" over the past few days. She hadn't and neither had I. I'm not sure how we would've handled hearing that while being here and looking at her in the condition she was in. I know I was completely expecting her to be O.K.
We haven't seen her have a seizure since Monday when she was having them constantly. I completely believe this was the hand of God! She even had some physical and occupational therapy today. She got mad as well while being moved for therapy (I'll post a picture). This showing of emotion was beautiful!
We are praying that the transition out of ICU will see Colette to continue improving like today. They told us she will be monitored closely. Pray for a boring time for those monitoring.
IN OTHER NEWS- Summer drove down the street to a store and called me and said "what are those shows you watch on the History Channel?" It's Pawn Stars and American Pickers. She saw the American Pickers truck, chased it down and had them pull over to get me an autograph! What a woman! (I'll also post that picture) (I'll also post a pic of when Summer got to hold her today)
Mark
Praise God! I'm so glad to hear she's out of ICU! I'll continue to pray that God will heal her!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news. What a HUGE praise...YEAH!!! Will keep praying for her recovery.
ReplyDeleteMelissa Cox
Praising God for a good day and praying for the GREAT ones! I know that Summer was glad to have Lettie in her arms again!
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at the "American Pickers" picture. My son is in Arizona for a summer internship and traveled to Vegas for the long weekend. They were so proud to have their picture taken with Chumlee at the "Pawn Stars" shop.
deb
Psalm 30:11 "You turned my mourning into dancing.."
ReplyDeleteWhat an amaaazing praise!! I am rejoicing with you over this unbelievably good news! How amazing to see her showing her emotions. Just beautiful! God is moving mountains. I will continue to pray that Lettie's brain is redeemed by the mighty and precious blood of Christ!!! p.s. Those are my hubs 2 FAV shows!! We love the pickers!!
WOOOHOOOO!! Thank you Lord so so much for this. Such great news!! There`s a sweet sweet spirit in this place. Love you guys. :) Casey Cook Raper (your favorite Cook twin ;)
ReplyDeleteWOOOHOOOO!! Thank you Lord so so much for this. Such great news!! There`s a sweet sweet spirit in this place. Love you guys. :) Casey Cook Raper (your favorite Cook twin ;)
ReplyDeletePraise God! God's hand is totally on this situation. Collete is continually saturated in prayer. Thanks for sharing the exciting news! I am all smiles :) This is just a glimpse of what God is about to do.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Angie
I too am so thankful that Colette got mad at her therapists. Now I know it is not just me she gets mad at when she does not want to do something. I can't wait to see her mad at me again! You did see Christ at her bedside. I would bet there have been angels there too and they will go with you to your new room. Check your email, Summer. I am attaching my angel Wendy true story for you to start looking for angels there.
ReplyDeleteJoining you in rejoicing and thanking God for this GREAT news. Prayers for recovery and healing continue!!!
ReplyDeleteLisa Johnson
Cove Church
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful to see God at work! So many people are praying for Colette and all of you. Awesome to hear such great news and we hope it continues to get better and better!! (We LOVE Pawn Stars and American Pickers too--way to go Summer!!)
ReplyDeleteSending Love and Prayers your way,
Wes & Hayley Isbill
All I can to is sit here and cry and laugh at the same time. Our God is sooo good and I just knew he would show up and He will continue to do so. You all have been such an inspiration to me this past week!! I love to see God growing your faith and allowing you all to be a light to others in this very hard time. The pictures are priceless (even the one with the American pickers van, we love that show)!!! Love you all! Payton and Mandi Cooper
ReplyDeleteBTW>>>> As I read your posts to Payton each night when he gets home from work he cries each and every night. I have never seen my husband cry soo much:<) All is says is God is going to do something, He is Mandi!
Thankful for this day....the pictures are uplifting. I have two favorite pictures, pig tails and Summer holding her little girl. I know that we may not know each other that well, but I find myself checking hourly on Colette's recovery. I pray that GOD continues healing your little girl. Going to Church now where Colette's name will definitely be lifted up!
ReplyDeleteIt is so exciting and encouraging to know that specific prayers that have been prayed for Lettie are being answered. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for." Thank you for the updates that you take the time to post. It makes us feel like we are there with you. We watch the blog constantly at Cornerstone and are contiuing to intercede for Lettie's every need, and rejoice with each victory. God is good!! BTW, Sonny loves Pickers and Pawn Stars too!! Gail
ReplyDeleteMark & Summer,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to see that little Lettie is doing better. Although I haven't seen you guys in nearly 10 years, you have been in my thoughts and prayers every day. Wishing you and your families strength, and praying for a peaceful recovery for Lettie.
All my best,
Stephanie Sloan
Thanks be to God!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear te great news! Continuing to pray for you guys and little Lettie!
ReplyDeleteSummer,
ReplyDeleteI know you probably don't remember me, but I saw your blog and Facebook and started reading it. Your story has touched me greatly and I want you and your family to know you are in my prayers. I pray for the health of you daughter.
God has this and has his hand on you and your family.
God Bless,
Katie Kyle Martin
With tears of JOY, I'm so thankful for the good news! To God be all the glory!! Leah
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord!!! He is awesome! And, Lettie is beautiful!! The prayers will not cease:)
ReplyDelete-Jaime
Hey guys, me and april have been praying very hard for you and your little girl. I don't have the correct words to say to you all to give you strength but I do know that god has promised to be with you all through the whole journey. God is great. The Taylors
ReplyDeletePraise God!!! I am soooo happy for Lettie and you all. I was so excited, I was reading your post aloud to my husband. I will continue to pray and give thankss to God for this great day.
ReplyDeleteSarah Price Amos
Thank you LORD! Keeping the faith and just THANKING HIM over and over for EVERYTHING He is doing, has done, and will continue to do in Lettie! BTW: I laughed as I pictured you Summer...running down the Pawn Stars! LOL oh my word...to run them down is also a supernatural feat after a week with no sleep at Vandy! LOL :) Just so happy and full of love for you all. The pictures are wonderful! The news is wonderful! Our Jesus is wonderful! Our Father ROCKS! and thankful for His Spirit to keep you comforted and sustained! Keeping the prayers for you throughout the night...I tend to be up in the middle of the night, figure that's the only time God and I really have quiet time, we talk about you guys a lot. Your faces reflect His glory today. Yay God! Yay TEAM LETTIE!
ReplyDeleteSummer,
ReplyDeleteOn a completely different note, I have never seen someone going through such a difficult time look more beautiful. I hope to see more smiles like this one from you tomorrow!!!
Sarah Price Amos
So glad to hear about the good day! I saw that she had a small seizure tonight and I know that must be a little disheartening. Focus on the good! She came a long way today. There are probably going to be some bumps along the way, but God is doing his thing! Hallelujah!
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note, Laura is sitting with me and saw your picture Summer, and says that you look great. She was really impressed. We love you guys!