Sunday, July 25, 2010

First weekend almost over.



We started off early this morning for speech therapy and followed with OT and music therapy. We missed PT because Lettie vomited right before we we're supposed to go and got it all over her and me as well. The nurse was trying to dilute her meds so they wouldn't clog the NG tube and I think she just pushed too much water for Lettie's stomach so she vomited. We headed to the shower where she proceeded to pee all over Mark. So we all had to shower before heading to OT. She took her a good nap this afternoon since she didn't sleep well last night. Our nights haven't been so good lately, she's gets uncomfortable and cries off and on which makes the mornings harder. I should find out Monday or Tuesday how long we should expect to be here. She is not making huge gains and seems to have difficulty with her cognition. She is just not herself yet. The left side movement hasn't returned either. Mark, Paul, Jack, and Coop headed home about 30 minutes ago. We just got our schedule for tomorrow and it starts at 8 and ends at 3. This actually makes the days go by really fast cause we're always busy. It was really cool this morning talking with one of our speech therapist, who is a believer. It was comforting to know she believes miracles can happen as well. Not giving up on that mighty miracle I hope we see so soon, but for now we'll just keep chugging along in the peach state. I would've got Lettie a passport if I would've known we were going to travel around all summer! Took a pic of Lettie soundly sleeping before OT. Looks like she's thinking about why she's here?! Also got a pic of an adorable banner Dr. Williams, (works with Mark) wife made for Lettie and people at Cornerstone signed for us. It made for great decor in our room.

18 comments:

  1. Summer, I'm sorry things don't seem to be going well right now but I still believe Lettie will be healed completely by our great & mighty Savior. Praying for you guys nonstop. Love,
    LeaAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm searching for the good things; you've not mentioned any seizures lately. Lettie can "stroll" around in her new vehicle, she must love that! Get some rest and feel the love & prayers being poured upon you all.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a church sign this morning that said...God always works through somebody to make something happen...is that you. As soon as I read this, Lettie bug came to mind. I know things arent happening as fast as we would like, but it just makes me believe that God is working a miracle through Lettie Bug to get the non believers off their butts! Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect picture bet she's thinking now what do I do to get out of this place. I know you hated to see Jack & Cooper leave, but they will be fine. You have family & friends that will keep them busy. This is your time with Colette to work hard so you both can come home. You will soon have her smile back. Your in my prayers today and forever.

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks beautiful and peaceful, Summer. Package on the way to you guys in the AM along with continued prayers.
    Hope you guys get a good night sleep and tomorrow is an awesome day. Just keep taking it one day at a time. Today maybe rough, but tomorrow may be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day at a time. I truly believe she will recover fully. She has only been there a few days. I think it's a good idea for you to ask about her meds. Moms always know best! Tomorrow is the beginning of a new day and I know you will see improvment.Summer, you are such a good momma and you and Lettie bug are always in my prayers.Praying for a sign of a miracle tomorrow.
    Love, Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer, we just keep the faith and believe in what we don't yet see! We are here for the long haul...every day, throughout the night! :) Praising God for the gains Lettie has experienced! So thankful to the Great Physician for bringing her through the surgery, out of PCCU, and on to rehabilitation! I keep thinking about our Lord's redeeming nature, how what seems lost is so hard to imagine being recovered, or redeemed. But that's what HE does! I am praying many thing for Lettie and you, for your family...I love so many truths in His word, it's hard to pick sometimes!! He has led me specifically to Psalm 119 tonight, and as I contemplate the emphasis of "redeemer" and how He refers to "redeeming time" I begin to understand-He uses every circumstance to draw us near, and to redeem souls. The people interested in Lettie's journey, in how your day is...there may be some that He desires to win back their hearts. How humbling and awesome it must be to realize He chose Lettie to accomplish such great works! "I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed" (Psalm 119:46); "Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope, This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life." Psalm 119:49-50.
    "Your word has given me life". I love that! Love to you! Miss you on Sunday's at check in:/ Just know we are with you in prayer and faith!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still praying for Lettie's miracle. Thanks for sharing the picture of her sleeping. She looks so peaceful. Her coloring looks so much better too! I know she is going to get better. It just may take so time, God's time. Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  9. praying...P. Brown, KNoxville

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers every day. There are so many people praying for Lettie . You are such a good Mom and God loves you and Lettie so much. He is watching over Lettie every minute of every day. I pray this will be the best week she has had. We love you and your family so much. Aunt Mary and Uncle Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer, I cant wait to see Lettie smiling and back to herself. I know that is your hearts desire right now. She has to get better. God has brought her this far for a reason. Thats what we have to believe. Hes just waiting for the right time. You are inspiring as a mother and have blessed me. I hope my daughter can see in me the strength and love of God that your children, family and friends see in you. Be bold, Be strong! The lord God is with you. Lettie is so beautiful and we long for her sweet smile. Tell Mary everyone here at work misses her and are still praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer,Lettie definitely looks to be in deep thought. Maybe she is thinking about waiting for everyone to be present when she reveals that smile of hers. Only God knows when that moment is going to take place. With pictures as cute as this, one cant help but wonder.......
    Continually praying,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Summer. I came across your blog through my cousin Karen Carlson (who I might add is a mighty prayer warrior and I know many prayers are being said for your beautiful daughter because of her). I am so moved by your faith in our awesome God. You are an inspiration to many people and your faith is a great witness for Him. I know he answers prayers and performs miracles. I will continue to pray for Lettie and your family. My heart breaks to see the sadness on her sweet face. Praying that God will give you much peace and that Lettie will have a big smile soon.

    Phillipians 4:5-7 "The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which exceeds all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".
    Missy Hankins
    Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for Lettie. Pray today has been a better day! Lord bless Summer & encourage her today.Lift her up w/Your mighty hand. Surround her physically @ rehab w/people who will encourage her. I pray that You will give her grace,mercy,strength & endurance to sustain her today & each day. Let her feel the love & prayers of all of us who are praying for her. Lord we ask You to touch Lettie & completely restore the blood flow to her thalamus. Lord we know You can heal Lettie & we are asking You to so miraculously & completely heal Lettie that even the Drs will know that You did it! In Your Name We Pray~ Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  15. You don't know me but somehow God led me to this blog and I could not stop reading. I will be praying for you guys especially Lettie. I will say you are in a great hospital and Rehab floor. My daughter has what I unfortuanately say is a second home at Scottish Rite. She has intractable seizure disorder and Mitochondrial Disease. She is not a surgery candidate and failed the Ketogenic Diet. We are on 5 meds which don't work that great. Reading your blog has been a true inspiration and I admire your strong faith. Don't ever feel doubts. You all are such great parents. I am praying right now for that miracle and trusting God for our miracle to come soon as well. I will also pray that God will give you the strength to endure this road he has placed you guys on. He is already using your story to minister to others. --Shawn O.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer,

    I hope that Colette had a good day. Give her a hug. Your in my prayers today & forever.

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have looked several times today for updates on little Lettie.......I pray she has had a better day at rehab .... Almighty God is with you both ....good night.....I pray for a peaceful night and a better tommorrow.. God Bless.... Tracy R.N.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, I am a "Fan" of Lettie's page on facebook and found your blog today. I am praying for her here in Texas and would looove to make her something from my shop. :) http://littlefeetcrafts.blogspot.com/
    If you wouldn't mind, I could send her a tutu... or a shirt if she would like. Feel free to contact me @ Littlefeetboutique@rocketmail.com.
    Its just a small token of love and something to say I care, I pray.. and that God has blessed me with the ability to do this. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    <3 Amanda Haddad in TEXAS
    Little Feet Boutique

    ReplyDelete