Sunday, July 4, 2010
Officially, worst day yet!
Where do I even start..We are so concerned about her being so sleepy that we requested to speak to the neurosurgeon & neurologist. The neurosurgeon came in and said she is stable on their terms but it's possible it's just taking her a lot longer for her fluid balance to regain itself. However, we have now seen 3 small seizures and we're concerned because she is lifting her right arm which means they could be coming from her left side of the brain. The neurologist came in and said everything does not look ok. She has ordered a chest x-ray and urine tests to see if Lettie possibly has a secondary infection causing the lethargy and possibly causing the seizures. I cannot believe this is happening! This has been such a hard night and day. I feel so guilty for putting her through this for what is beginning to seem like nothing. Our nurse we have had today is a gift from God. She is so proactive for us and has no problem calling the doctors & demanding tests for us. So much has happened today, and our nurse just came in and said they have ordered a CT immediately and doing an EEG on Tue. I don't know what specific prayer requests to even ask for right now, everything has just come crashing down for her. Mark & I are emotional wrecks...if you call & I don't answer it's cause I can't talk without breaking down. I am so nervous I keep shaking & so nauseated I could vomit at any second! My greatest fear right now is that I've lost my Lettie, my beautiful, happy, & wonderful daughter because of this surgery. It is a real possibility that what we're seeing is what we have left...tube fed, lethargic, no left side movement. Boy, the difference a day can make. I am sick that I have to be posting this kind of news, just sick! And to be totally transparent right now, I am so angry that once again things just cannot go smoothly for us! These emotions will pass but it's a lot to stomach right now. Pray, please just pray, that's all I can ask.We need divine intervention to deliver us a miracle. God can do that if it's in his plan, boy how I wish I knew His plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are constantly praying!!!! Maybe this is just a bad day and things will start looking up. We love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteScott and Angie
Praying praying. I pray God gives you strength.
ReplyDeleteWords aren't enough to make you feel better but you must know that everyone is praying on behalf of you guys. I am crying out that God would release Lettie from this bondage and the enemy wouldn't be able to touch your sweet little girl. I'm sure you are hurting and confused as to why this is happening. Don't hesitate running to the Father with all your hurt and frusturation. He can handle anything you throw His way and He wants to hear from you. I wish I could take on some of the pain you are dealing with to give you rest and peace. If there is anything we can do please let us know. For now we are praying hard for Lettie and never forget how much we all love you guys. Greta
ReplyDeleteSummer and Mark, Jen and I are following your blog about Lettie. I am concerned with you... I am praying for healing for Lettiebug. We love you, Cindy
ReplyDeleteSummer and Mark...I don't know even know what to begin to say to you all so I just won't even try. I can tell you that after seeing her yesterday she and your whole family has been heavy on my heart! We and everyone we know are crying outing to the Father and we know he hears our cries! Don't loose Faith guys and we love you:<) Payton and Mandi
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know I've been praying like crazy for your family!
ReplyDeletePsalm 27 is a special chapter to Laura and I and I think it could bring you guys some comfort (Especially the last two verses). We are praying for your baby girl constantly! We love you guys and are here whenever and for whatever.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your baby as well as the rest of your family! God please heal this baby!
ReplyDeletePraying for little Lettie and the family!!!! THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER!!!!
ReplyDeleteMark, my awesome dentist! I am praying for you and your beautiful family. I know it is hard to realize it, but God will see both of you through this. I just cried when I read the words of fear, exhaustion and despair that your wife wrote. We all are praying so hard for God to give you comfort that only He can give. I know, been there done that!. Carol Harrell
ReplyDelete