Today has been pretty uneventful since I last posted. Lettie has slept ALOT and she's not taking any pain meds. Dr. Pearson came to check on her & said this was fine for what she's been through and not to be concerned. Her swelling is still present but hopefully will improve tom. PT sent up a boot for her left foot to prevent her from staying in that "foot drop" position. The evaluator from the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta will be here tom between 11-12 to talk to us about inpatient rehab. If a bed is available & Vandy medically clears Lettie we will likely head there Tue. to start rehab. She is still not drinking from her bottle but ate a few tiny bites of applesauce. The most exciting part of the day for me was a visit from my other 2 blessings...Jack & Coop! I hadn't seen them since Tue. afternoon and that was only brief. We ate lunch together & hung out at one of the hospital parks! It was so nice to get outside and visit with them. As difficult as Coop can be, I never realized how much I miss that mouth of hers & it never stopped running today either. Today was the first time Jack has seen Lettie and he handled it well. Coop, of course, was fine. I explained how Lettie's head would look really big but it would get better and of course as soon as we get in the room Coop says,"I mean, her head is not that big Mom." So I'm posting some bright & positve pics tonight and just one of Lettie. We may possibly get to go to a normal room tom. if her sodium levels stay normal and that will be great! Pray for her swelling to decrease, become more alert, and good sodium levels. I'll say good night to those of you who sleep, I miss that a lot! Mark's taking the first round tonight though, so I'm headed to the sleep chair for 3-4 hours of rest.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
A visit from 2 extra blessings!
Today has been pretty uneventful since I last posted. Lettie has slept ALOT and she's not taking any pain meds. Dr. Pearson came to check on her & said this was fine for what she's been through and not to be concerned. Her swelling is still present but hopefully will improve tom. PT sent up a boot for her left foot to prevent her from staying in that "foot drop" position. The evaluator from the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta will be here tom between 11-12 to talk to us about inpatient rehab. If a bed is available & Vandy medically clears Lettie we will likely head there Tue. to start rehab. She is still not drinking from her bottle but ate a few tiny bites of applesauce. The most exciting part of the day for me was a visit from my other 2 blessings...Jack & Coop! I hadn't seen them since Tue. afternoon and that was only brief. We ate lunch together & hung out at one of the hospital parks! It was so nice to get outside and visit with them. As difficult as Coop can be, I never realized how much I miss that mouth of hers & it never stopped running today either. Today was the first time Jack has seen Lettie and he handled it well. Coop, of course, was fine. I explained how Lettie's head would look really big but it would get better and of course as soon as we get in the room Coop says,"I mean, her head is not that big Mom." So I'm posting some bright & positve pics tonight and just one of Lettie. We may possibly get to go to a normal room tom. if her sodium levels stay normal and that will be great! Pray for her swelling to decrease, become more alert, and good sodium levels. I'll say good night to those of you who sleep, I miss that a lot! Mark's taking the first round tonight though, so I'm headed to the sleep chair for 3-4 hours of rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! God is good, ALL the time. This is a crazy rollercoaster for your family. Praise God that you haven't been alone in the process. God knows that you and Mark are the perfect parents for Lette, Coop, and Jack. He trusted you with them. God knew you would SEEK HIM. It's great to see the power of prayer sister. Thank you for keeping us updated and informing us how to pray. We love you! Keep your amazing faith sister. I am praying for you guys. Love, Angie
ReplyDeleteSummer let me know what part of Atlanta. I live close to downtown and the perimeter area. Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has a couple of different locations in the area. You and Mark are welcome to stay with with me at my apartment. It would be absolutely no trouble. I have a huge 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. Just let me know if anyone would like to stay with me. 865-621-9355.
ReplyDeleteScott and I have decided that Atlanta will be fine. We will come visit for sure. We will go to the Cheesecake Factory there as well. We will make it a cheesecake tour!!! Hahaha. Just some humor for you... But seriously......we will come there, keep the kids here, whatever you need!!! There are soooo many people here in Madisonville praying for you all. I get tons of messages on my facebook. Get some rest and again, we love you guys!
ReplyDeleteAngie B.