Tuesday, July 6, 2010

morning update

Summer is asleep now. She let me do some catching up last night. Lettie has not required any additonal seizure meds this morning other than the ones she has been taking regularly. She is still experiencing a rapid heartbeat. They tried a beta blocker overnight but it didn't work. Her beats per minute is staying around 160, but we tried to sit her up and it went over 190 so we stopped. It hasn't dropped below the upper 150s in probably over 24 hours. She is still in the post surgery state of sleep which is concerning. Another neurologist came by earlier and just stated that they were reviewing the EEG closely. They are going to come by later to talk more in depth. Currently they just called it "post-op complications".
Mark

9 comments:

  1. I don't know you but God does. I am Praying for complete healing for your baby girl and for your strength and faith to shine. Speak positive and believe in God to heal her body, mind and soul from the crown of her head to the souls of her feet In Jesus Name Amen....There are several scriptures in the Bible that Is for us today to be healed; Jesus don't want us sick in any way shape or form, just like we don't want our children sick. I quote Psalm 91 over me and my whole family daily. Isaiah 53:3-5, 3rd John 2, Matthew 8:16-17, Isaiah 54:13, Isaiah 49:17 & 25, Jer 33:3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    Evan's heart rate stayed high. His potassium was very low as was his blood count. They did two additional small transfusions and gave fluids with potassium. I'm sure the doctors are checking all this, just want to try to help if I can. I don't remember his heart rate post op, but when we were readmitted for the MRSA it was high, and these were reasons. Once we got these straighted out, it was more normalized. Praying for you all. Glad Summer is getting some sleep.
    Shannon Hepp (Evan's mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bucky and KatrinaJuly 6, 2010 at 1:25 PM

    Summer,Mark,Diane, Bucky and I have tried to stay updated on your precious angel and have had you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and know you have always been wonderful Mom, Dad and GiGi. I know one day must just run into the next and we wish you peace and strength with each passing hour.
    Love,
    Bucky and Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying! We hope the days get better from here on out. There are so many people here at home praying and thinking of you all. Colette is on so many prayer chains at many different churches. I hope you guys don't mind, but I started a "Pray for Colette Britton" facebook page. I had 20+ members in less than a minute! So many people are sending messages that some of us thought it would be good to set up a prayer page! We love you all!

    Angie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MARK AND SUMMER,
    all of us at Chota are keeping track of you by your blog. I cannot imagine what your family is experiencing. WE are praying, praying, praying. Tell Mary we are thinking of her and paul also. if there is anything you need on our end let us know. any of us will do what we can. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exodus 14:13
    "..Do not be afraid. Stand firm and YOU WILL SEE the deliverance the LORD will bring you TODAY...The LORD will fight for you, you need only to be still."
    Praying for God to stretch His mighty hand over Lettie. The same righteous right hand He is HOLDING YOU in right now. Praying for peace to flood your hearts as you wait on the Lord's deliverance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark & Summer, we are praying hard for lettie and you, we love you, if there is anything we can do please let us know, you are always in our thoughts and prayers, Love Melissa, William, Devin, Courtney, Dennis and Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer,
    I am Mandi's friend that you spoke with about my son Joseph. As I read about Colette, my heart breaks. There is nothing in the world more precious than our children, and we would move Heaven and Earth to make them better. I will be praying for Colette and strength you and your husband. Amy Martin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer,
    I can't imagine your pain and fear.. I pray that God will heal your sweet Lettie so that she may lead a normal life. I am a critical nurse and know miracles happen everyday...
    God Bless you and your family.
    You are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete