Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tonight we praise!

Monday night after talking to Summer on the phone, I knew she was at her breaking point. Tuesday morning I got up early and prayed what I believe to be the most specific prayer post surgery I have prayed. I asked God to let Summer see Colette move her left arm and leg. I also asked for her to be more "cognitively aware" and to be able to keep her food and meds down that day. When I got to work I asked my coordinator, Pam, to pray for the same movement of Lettie's left arm and leg. I called Summer after work and she told me Lettie had a good day and had taken her bottle better than she has since before surgery. Summer also sounded much better on the phone. Some relief was needed and God had provided. Tonight, however, we are praising an answered prayer. A specific, perfect, absolutely answered prayer.
I got to Atlanta late this afternoon. Lettie was in bed asleep. Summer, my mom, and our friend Sara were in the room. I had probably been here 10 minutes when I laid down next to Lettie on the bed. Everyone else was standing around the bed. Lettie woke up with her "startled" look in her eyes which alarmed me, but Summer informed me this is typical lately. Within a few minutes her left leg twitched a little. Then, she stretched out her left leg completely! Sara and I saw this, but Summer said that Dr. Pearson (neurosurgeon, Vandy) had said that sometimes when the right leg moves the left leg may also move. He had said that this was just a coordinated reflex from the right and not an independent left movement. As soon as Summer finished this statement, Lettie bent her left leg at the knee and lifted it in the air from her hip! Oh yeah, the right leg stayed still this time! With all of us in awe over this, her left arm moved a little. Summer leaned over and we all watched closely as it appeared to move ever so slightly from the shoulder. Suddenly, her left arm bent upward from the elbow and she placed her hand on her waist. Sara, exclaimed "should we call a doctor!" Which was funny, however, this had nothing to do with the doctors.
Lettie continued these movements a few times over approximately 5-10 minutes. This was about 6 or 7 hours ago now, and the truth is the rest of this evening has been kind of hard as I've gotten to experience the difficulty of getting her diet and meds in her. Only to have to finish with a feeding tube. But none of that matters.
Today, we got to experience our Lord in such a miraculous way that I want you all to know! This is impossible to put into words, but I'll do my best. He knew what I needed more than I knew. I prayed for Summer to see things. He knew I needed to see them as well. I don't deserve to be granted a gift like I was given today. But, He gave it to me anyway. I could have tried to plan this all week and couldn't have come close to the absolutely perfect timing of Jesus. He gets all the glory for that wonderful 5-10 minutes!
Mark

46 comments:

  1. Praise be to God our living miracle working Lord of all! I have been waiting for an update and prayed that it was a good day but was thankful for whatever He handed you and Summer today. Praying for you all and will rejoice and praise him along side of you! Thank you Jesus! Bring it on:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying tonight through tears of joy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful news. Jesus I trust in you! Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus loves me this I know
    for the Bible tells me so.
    Little ones to Him belong
    they are weak but He is strong.
    Yes Jesus loves me!
    Yes Jesus loves me!
    Yes Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise GOD is all I gotta say!!!!! Praise GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO EXCITED!!! Lord we give YOU Thanks & Praise!! Mark & Summer SO thankful for y'all to have witnessed an AWESOME MIRACLE this afternoon! An overflowing cup in a dry & thirsty land...y'all have been in a valley but God will bring y'all out on the otherside as a living testimony of HIS Power! Go Lettie Go! Praying w/out ceasing,Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thanking and praising God for this miracle. Kept waiting for a posting last night, but had to go to bed. When I woke up at 3:30, just had to know all the miraculous details as I had gone on Facebook and saw where you had texted to someone earlier that baby Lettie had moved her left arm and leg. That alone was enough to make me happy and praise God. Can't tell you how grateful and happy this posting makes me. God is still in the healing business. Thank God for all His love and mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tears of joy & thanksgiving & I'm praising God for the first of His miracles!! Ask and you shall receive, Amen! What an awesome and on time God we serve!
    :) :) :) I love Him so much & I'm so happy for you all. My prayers continue for precious little Lettie & all of you, keep the faith your witness for Him is incredible!!
    Love in Christ,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark and Summmer, I am so excited as I read your news this morning through my tears. I praise God with you and pray that you will your sweet Lettie come back to you really soon! I pray for a good good day for you all today. - Gennie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise the Lord! I know theres only more miracles to come for Lettie Bug! Still praying!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mark and Summer, I missed your post from last evening and the first thing I wanted to do this morning, as I do every morning, is check on Lettie. I have tears of joy streaming down my face. How wonderful is our God!!! I have been praying, along with everyone else, throughout the days since Lettie's surgery for the specifics that you give us each day and our gracious, loving God has heard us - each and every prayer! I will continue to pray for Lettie's complete healing and for your comfort, strength, energy and amazing faith - but this morning I am sending up thanksgiving, praises, halleleuia's to our God! I will be singing along with Chris Tomlin today - "How Great is Our God". I also wanted to let you know that I have never met your family, but have been praying for Lettie for months now as her name and situation was continuously brought before our Connect Group at church by Greta's mom, Kay. Thank you for sharing your journey with us - we have all been strengthened by your faith! Thank you, God, for this precious child and for this miracle! Go, Lettie, Go!!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mark&Summer,Praise God!There is a
    song our little kids sing at church that says My God is so Great so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God can not do for YOU!Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mark & Summer,
    I hope today will be even better for Colette. The feeding will get better with time. Your prayers were answered. Give Colette a hug. It want be long before your family's back at home all together having a great time. Your in my prayers today and forever. WAY TO GO COLETTE!!!

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every night when i go to bed i say a prayer for little Lettie and every morning when i get up i log on the computer to check her progress from the day before. When i read your post this morning i got such glory and thanked God for for what he has done!! I will continue to pray and i know that more blessings are headed your way.

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praise God!! This is great news!! Our God is Great!!!
    We will continue to pray for more movement everyday & for Lettie to get better & better each day!!!

    LeaAnne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our God is an Awesome God! He shows us his powers in so many ways some which we don't see until it it too late. I am so pleased with Lettie's improvements. Keep up the faith and we (your internet friends as well as known friends) will keep up the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer and Mark,
    I asked the Lord to bless you
    As I prayed for you today.
    To guide you and protect you
    As you go along your way....
    His love is always with you,
    His promises are true,
    And when we give Him all our cares,
    You know He will see us through.
    I have tears streaming this morning as I read your post. God is so AWESOME and I am thrilled for all of you. We continue to pray as we send our love from East TN...

    ReplyDelete
  18. We serve an AWESOME GOD! Only he could make this happen. Praise God!!!! I know there will be more movement to come.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praise God!! I am so glad you got to witness that miracle together!! I have been praying for Summer to see signs of miracles everyday and I have been praying for Lettie to show signs of more and more improvements. She seems to be doing great and God is allowing this to happen in his own way. Thank you God!!Praying for an even better day today.Love and prayers!
    Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hearing you put into words what God did for you guys today is tear jerking! Your faith is amazing...and I thank God he has made you strong enough to endure and keeps giving you the faith you need to get through each day. As a therapist, I know that feeling of getting movement back, but I am certain I have never experienced it as gloriously as you just did with Lettie!! There must be more to come! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. GOD is so good....praying....P. Brown. Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  22. Let's give praise to the Lord!
    We have followed your journey since pre-surgery. One of our bible study members prayed with you guys, that's how we found out about your "adventures".We just finished a study on Angels. One prayer that we have come back to over and over again is Psalms 91. I urge you to pray it aloud with Colette, I have prayed if for you: God bless you!

    Psalm 91

    1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

    2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

    3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.

    4 He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

    5 You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,

    6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.

    7 A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.

    8 You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.

    9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
    even the Lord, who is my refuge—

    10 then no harm will befall you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.

    11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;

    12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

    13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

    14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

    15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.

    16 With long life will I satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! !! You go Lettie !!!! Kenny and Elaine and Lindsey LOVE you all! !!! Praise be to God for all His "LITTLE"miracles.....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everyone has posted the wonderful praises due, but we want to say you and Summer certainly deserved the wonderful "reward" of seeing the beautiful left side movement together! Both of you are have been such examples of loving and dedicated parents.
    Colette was so excited to see her Daddy that she had to show off a bit!.... so wonderful to read about this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah nothing but tears of joy. Praise God and his power.

    ReplyDelete
  26. GOD is so good!!!!What amazing news and we are so gracious to you for sharing it with us!!We continue to pray for Lettie~

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are further from us in miles but always close in our hearts and prayers. God uses all that He provides and I believe that He put you there in Atlanta with these therapists at this time to help Lettie move these muscles. I am so thankful. The Lord tells us to WAIT on Him. This WAIT is an active verb that is not passive. You are waiting as Lettie is working and that is good!I just hope God has a really big box is Kleenex as we all are crying with joy! Miss you all and I hold you in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  28. More tears of joy!!!

    In the happy moments...praise Him.
    In the difficult moments...thank Him.
    In the busy moments...bless Him.
    In the quiet moments...worship Him.
    For in all our moments He is there...
    in goodness, in kindness, & in love.

    Lifting Lettie up to the Almighty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh WOW!! What a testimony of the Mercy of the Lord being showing to little Lettie!! Thank you Lord for letting this family get to see this at a time they needed some encouragement!
    I heard about y'all through some friends in Knoxville - and I've been praying for your little angel! I'll continue to pray, as I can't even imagine the difficulties of this time for y'all. Know that people all over are joining you in lifting up your little girl to the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mark and Summer,
    God is so good! I am so happy that you both got to witness this movement after wanting it so badly and for so long. That is one thing that I always included in my prayers even when it wasn't mentioned specifically,that Lettie would regain full and complete movement and feeling on her left side. There was a reason God waited until now for that to happen...so you could see it together and both be encouraged by what He had done. God is so good, loving, and caring and He will be there for Lettie and you. I will continue to pray for Lettie to eat and drink better today, and for her to continue to move her left arm and leg. Have a great day!
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! What a wonderful blessing this morning when I read your post. Jesus' timing is perfect. Rejoicing with you and continuing to pray. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  32. Like others I too have tears of joy. I'm sending my love and continued prayers. Praise GOD!

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Miracles are His business!! Honor and praise to the Lord!! She's on her way and our prayers continue.....
    Nathan and Amy Kluemper & girls

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thru tears of joy and praise! WE thank our gracious Father for HIs wonderful miracle power over our Lettie!! YOur specific prayer was answered. God surely has you in a special place; His radical place! PRAISE JESUS! We love and adore you....

    ReplyDelete
  35. Praise God!! HE alone reigns supreme!! Thank you for sharing His blessings on your family :)
    Laura G

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very excited as I read this latest update! I hope it continues to go this direction for Lettie and her progress. I will continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW....the power of prayer. Our God is Good! God blesses me through your journey and I am truly honored to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ok so I have read this post I think probably atleast 25 times today! I am so excited! Praise the Lord! How amazing and miraculous! I have chills and can feel the power of God through a post. I am so excited about the miracles yet to come! She is such a tropper and God is going to do amazing things for her and through her! GO LETTIE GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am so excited about her moving her leg and arm. I don't know either Lettie or either of her parents, but my heart goes out for this baby. I know God is a miracle worker. I pray for her often.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Praising God for what he has done and for what he is going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  41. That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Praise God! What else can be said! Candi

    ReplyDelete
  43. Our calander listed this today & We thought it fit the situation well
    Just remember......
    No problems is TOO BIG for God's POWER
    No person is TOO SMALL for God's LOVE.
    Sending prayers your way!
    Love,
    The Longs
    Sweetwater, TN

    ReplyDelete
  44. Praise God for your miracle all to His glory! Have a great weekend, and I pray you can get out for a bite to celebrate. I pray that you have to get out and celebrate everyday as God continues to give you more and more of these better days!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  45. Summer, God is really answering the prayers that are being sent up for beautiful little Lettiebug. We love you guys!
    Stacey, Jonathan, Jonathan and Elin

    ReplyDelete