Well, we had an eventful day. Lettie didn't sleep well last night so, needless to say, she was fussy during most of rehab today and got to nap this afternoon. Her feedings are much less stressful with the NG tube; however, if somethings gonna happen, bank it on happening to Lettie! Tonight when the nurse went to start her night feed the machine said the tubing was blocked and he couldn't push any liquid through with a syringe so we had to pull her NG tube and place a new one. Bless her soul, she cried, as she should, but was ok after they got it in. The tube was blocked with a small piece of the multi-vitamin she has to take with the keto diet. Tomorrow we'll have to do something different with the vitamin so we don't have to repeat the NG trauma again! Every afternoon we get our schedule for the next day and tomorrow starts at 8:15 and our last eval is at 3:15. We have some breaks in the day so it's not too bad. I got some pics of Lettie in her modified stroller and a good one today of her after OT. You can tell by the look on her face she's LOVIN this rehab thing! I will continue to pray Psalm 91 over her and dive into the word as frequently as I can with constant prayer as well, to get be back to being the stronghold she needs me to be. Maybe I'm the hold up in this whole process of recovery for Lettie. Maybe I'm not listening to God enough or not having the amount of faith I should. Pray for healing, the kind of healing only God can dispense. We'll continue to pray for the miracle we so long for and try our best to be patient and allow God to do His thing, even if it's not as fast as I wish it would be. Mark 5:36 states,"Don't be afraid, just believe." God, help me to grasp that scripture so deep that fear cannot live within me any more.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Two NGs in a day!
Well, we had an eventful day. Lettie didn't sleep well last night so, needless to say, she was fussy during most of rehab today and got to nap this afternoon. Her feedings are much less stressful with the NG tube; however, if somethings gonna happen, bank it on happening to Lettie! Tonight when the nurse went to start her night feed the machine said the tubing was blocked and he couldn't push any liquid through with a syringe so we had to pull her NG tube and place a new one. Bless her soul, she cried, as she should, but was ok after they got it in. The tube was blocked with a small piece of the multi-vitamin she has to take with the keto diet. Tomorrow we'll have to do something different with the vitamin so we don't have to repeat the NG trauma again! Every afternoon we get our schedule for the next day and tomorrow starts at 8:15 and our last eval is at 3:15. We have some breaks in the day so it's not too bad. I got some pics of Lettie in her modified stroller and a good one today of her after OT. You can tell by the look on her face she's LOVIN this rehab thing! I will continue to pray Psalm 91 over her and dive into the word as frequently as I can with constant prayer as well, to get be back to being the stronghold she needs me to be. Maybe I'm the hold up in this whole process of recovery for Lettie. Maybe I'm not listening to God enough or not having the amount of faith I should. Pray for healing, the kind of healing only God can dispense. We'll continue to pray for the miracle we so long for and try our best to be patient and allow God to do His thing, even if it's not as fast as I wish it would be. Mark 5:36 states,"Don't be afraid, just believe." God, help me to grasp that scripture so deep that fear cannot live within me any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer, Little Lettie looks so grown up in these pics. I am so proud of her and her strong will. Keep the faith girl, the bloodflow will be coming back to the thalamus in no time and this girl will show off. I love you guys and we are praying praying and praying. Don't stop BELEIVING! Stacy Britton Lopez
ReplyDeletewe love you and will continue to pray...
ReplyDeletePraying and believing harder than ever! It is going to happen!!! She is going to get her miracle! Stay strong and just believe!
ReplyDeletePraying for you tonight, Summer. God never wastes a moment to accomplish His will. Just praying He increase your belief, your faith, and your trust in the Father who loves you. Lettie continues to stay on my heart and her name on my lips...to His ears. When I read your post I thought of Moses, and how tire he became..and Aaron propping up his arms when he was almost sure he could not go on. We love you and are propping you up in prayer.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Michelle
You are not the holdup. You are an amazing mommy! We never know why God does things the way that he does. Continue being the wonderful mommy that you are and try not to let those thoughts enter your mind. We are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteWe have never met...but you have been an inspiration to me the way you have praised God through all your pain. You are human and seeing your baby girl go through so much is hard. God wants to hear your heart ache as well..don't be so hard on yourself. Praying daily for you and your family. Thank your for being so open and transparent.
ReplyDeleteSummer, you are such a faithful servant of God. You are the perfect mother for Lettie. God chose you to be her mother. Don't let Satan tell you any different. God is using you to better his people and you are saying yes! I have faith that Jesus will heal Lettie and give her the miracle she needs. I have seen two of my family members go through physical therapy in a hospital and it is slow at first, but they were able to get a lot back by the time they left. Lettie is young and healthy. She is going to pick up once she gets everything stable. She has just begun. Thank you for sharing Lettie with all of us. We are blessed by you and Lettie. Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteSummer you are not the hold up!! You have such a strong faith. You're human. We all have times when we question,are fearful,weary & weak. Look @ ALL that you've been through & are going through. This is not happening b/c of your lack of faith. You & Mark have been amazing in your faith! God knows your heart & your hearts desire that He heal Lettie.Lifting you up to the One who holds you in the cleft of the Rock. Lisa C. Praying that God will protect Lettie from all harm & meds will not block NG again. Praying for all liquid meds.
ReplyDeleteI pray for a peaceful night for you and little lettie..stay strong and know God is in control... You are such an inspiration to me of how strong your faith is .. Thanks for keeping us updated i feel like we are family ... In Gods eyes we are.... Tracy R.N.
ReplyDeleteSummer,
ReplyDeleteMost people I know wouldn't have had the faith, strength, and patience that you have shown through all of this. You're a great mom to Lettie. Please don't feel like you have failed in some way, you have been there with love, courage, endurance, and an amazing faith in God. I continue to pray for healing for sweet Lettie and you and Mark. God is with you every step of the way.
Valerie Allen
Summer, I think of this verse almost daily when I think of you and what you are enduring as a mommy. Hold onto this promise and rest in who He is to you and claim this to give you strength and hope. Isaiah 43:1-3
ReplyDeleteLorri
praying...P. Brown, Knoxville
ReplyDeleteSummer, you are NOT the hold up in Lettie's recovery, and you are NOT lacking in faith. For whatever reason God is choosing this path that you are on you just need to go with it and continue to follow Him. As hard as it is right now, He will NOT let you down. Praying for that miracle and for your well being. Candi
ReplyDeleteSummer & Mark praying for y'all & for Lettie to have a good day. Hope y'all were able to get some sleep last night so therapy will go better today. Praying for God's healing & blood flow to return completely to thalamus! Standing in the gap,Lisa C
ReplyDeleteYou are a very strong woman. I heard this comment many times during the struggles of having son with epilepsy. Many days you just wanted to sit and cry and speak to no one. I have been there, Though not as far as the Lord is taking you. My heart and prayers are certainly with you. With my youngest son, we tried the keto diet. Not sure if it is the same one your Lettie is currently on. There is hope and miracles in prayer. I had two sons with epilepsy. Both were very different kinds with no family history. After many battles and struggles, the Lord did deliver both boys from it. I will committ to praying for you daily. For strength, continued courage, and his arms to be around you in the dark hours of the night. T. Shell Madisonville, TN
ReplyDelete