Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ativan, codeine, & Sofie


I had to post this precious picture of Lettie. She's got one of her favorite toys, Sofie the giraffe, in her mouth. Apparently, ativan, codeine & Sofie don't mix well! I just love her so much and long for a smile on that sweet face again!

17 comments:

  1. Precious girl!!! (Psalm 4:8) I pray that tonight you and sweet Lettie will lie down and sleep in peace (free from seizures) for You alone, O Lord, make them dwell in safety. -It is such an honor and priviledge to pray for your family and I cannot wait to see the way the Lord reveals His healing power in sweet Lettie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I haven't seen you since high school and have lost touch, I am sorry. Your cousin and I were talking about how God is working through little Lettie. I have friends from here all the way in Iraq praying. Her story has touched so many lives. When my 8 yr old son Blake was saved last year it brought me closer to God than I have ever been. Lettie's story not only has strengthened my faith but several others. I have prayed harder than I ever thought I could for you all and trust that God will provide answers.
    I found some quotes I thought were cute-

    "Don't tell God how big your problems are... tell your problems how big your God is."

    "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death."

    Your daughter is an absolute beautiful angel. (Especially with Sofie's foot in her mouth) I wish you both a good nights rest.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is absolutely adorable! She looks so sweet. I would love to just hold her! Still praying for that miraculous recovery and that it will come soon. Also praying for continued strength and courage for you and Mark. Praying for a restful night for you and Lettie tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE praise our Father for the daily strength He gives you; His ever present power working in your Lettie's life and yours. You have the gift of Faith....His grace is getting you through. We pray his healing touch on Lettie's sleepy brain; Great wisdom and direction for each Dr. and staff surrounding Lettie! Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable. I can't get her sweet face out of my mind after seeing her yesterday. Thank you for spending time with us yesterday. It was such a blessing to sit with you and see how God has changed your life. I can tell He is doing an amazing thing in you Summer. You encourage me and this journey increases my faith constantly. After being in the room with you guys yesterday I feel such peace and know that God is with you step by step. I love seeing how He is always a step ahead of everyone, working out His perfect plan. Hold sweet Lettie every chance you get. She may not be alert as you want but she feels the love that everyone is giving her, especially a moms special touch. I have prayed for you guys all night! Love you all. Greta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious!!! Praying that Lettie has a great day today...that goes for you, too, Summer. God is with you. V. Allen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, what smiles this girl brings! Summer I'm so glad you had a good visit and encouragment from good godly friends. We will continue to pray for Lettie's sleepy brain to wake up and for those left toes to be wiggling soon!

    "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Jon 14:27

    Beverly Sharp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the song that's playing (Your Hands). One day God WILL set all things right. Praying today that God will use the time of Lettie's brain's slumber to restore it to perfect health. Praying that all the answers will come to all that's going on in Sweet Lettie. Praying for peace and strength for you Summer and Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her with her Sophie!! We love and miss you all so much, but we know this is all part of His big plan! The girls love seeing new pictures of Lettie and please know how much this experience has changed all of our lives. We are much better people because of how your family has touched our lives. Thank you xoxo Lmoney

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was a double rainbow last night here in Knoxville that was so beautiful I thought of Lettie when I saw it and was reminded that God keeps his promises and that he promises us that by his stripes we are healed. I have you all in my prayers everyday and know that God is going to keep his promises for Lettie.
    Valorie Fortuna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! Colette is constantly on my mind, and I obsessively check this blog for updates. I look forward to good news every day. (I checked the Facebook group last night...there's almost 2200 members!) This baby's got everybody on her side!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just talked to Mary and she said Lettie loves her Sophie. Im so thankful she can be there for you and for Lettie. We love Lettie and are praying for all of you. She is so gorgeous! As I work in Marys office and look up at Letties picture where she is wearing her little pink too-too, it breaks my heart to see how she is struggling. I know that God is going to heal her and you will get your Lettie bug back!!! You are an amazing woman and mother. May God bless you through this journey. You are all spiritually blessing us through your faith. We pray for a wonderful day today. (NO SEIZURES!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love this picture...Lettie is so precious! As I ate my apple sauce at lunch today I thought about Lettie and your family. I first heard about the Brittons about a week or so before Lettie's surgery from facebook posts by my cousin and a high school friend. Since that time your family has been in my thoughts and prayers daily. I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through. It has been so inspiring to watch your faith through this situation. Almighty God is good and he will work all things for the good for Lettie and your family. Please know that my family and I are praying for you daily and we can not wait to see the miracles God has in store for Lettie.
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just read your post and then a song came on my ipod by Sara Groves called It's Going to be Alright. So beautiful. If you have a chance to hear it sometime, it is so touching. Here's the lyrics.

    It's Going to be Alright By Sara Groves

    It's going to be alright
    It's going to be alright

    I can tell by your eyes that you're not getting any sleep
    And you try to rise above it, but feel you're sinking in too deep
    Oh, oh I believe, I believe that

    It's going to be alright
    It's going to be alright

    I believe you'll outlive this pain in you heart
    And you'll gain such a strength from what is tearing you apart
    Oh, oh I believe I believe that

    It's going to be alright
    It's going to be alright

    When some time has past us, and the story is retold
    It will mirror the strength and the courage in your soul
    Oh, oh, I believe I believe,

    I believe
    I believe

    I did not come here to offer you cliché's
    I will not pretend to know of all your pain
    Just when you cannot, then I will hold out faith, for you

    It's going to be alright
    It's going to be alright

    Cast your cares,
    Cast your cares,
    Cast your cares on Him!!


    I'm praying for you guys!
    Felicia Barker-Hall

    ReplyDelete
  15. Summer,
    You, your little girl, and the entire family have been on my mind and in my prayers.
    A verse that has brought me and my family peace is Psalms 30:5...in His favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. A song that goes with this verse is Before the Morning by Josh Wilson. It is a song of hope, and miracles. If you get the chance please go to beforethemorning.net and watch the video on why the song was written. I hope that it brings you and your family peace, the way that it has helped us through the tough times with Jacob(nephew with bone cancer).With love and prayers, Sandee Smith

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait for an update on "Lettie Bug". She is an addiction. I feel as though I have known her all her life. I pray GOD will reach out his mighty hands and wipe all her problems away. - He can and I believe He will. Our prayers are with you.
    The Lankford's <Sweetwater

    ReplyDelete
  17. To the Parents/siblings of Lettie: Matt. 17:14-21--In this chaper, it seems to me that the child was having siezures(we call it today). What sticks with me is the 21st verse---THIS KIND--JESUS said THIS KIND ONLY comes out by prayer and fasting. I've found no other place in the bibile where JESUS says this about a situation. He said, THIS KIND. HE was so, so, specific here. After your reading these verses,do you agree? Isaiah 58:6 says the FAST SHALL LOOSE..., UNDO THE HEAVY BURDENS, LET THE OPPRESSED GO FREE, YOU SHALL BREAK EVERY YOKE, etc. When I pray and fast, I pray Isaiah 58:6 through the end of the chaper saying (I shall break every yoke, I shall be called the repairer of the breach, because I know the name of God, I shall call him, He (GOD) shall be with me in trouble and deliver me, etc). I pray it all because this is GOD's WORD/WILL for any situation. I've had to pray and fast to get yokes broken, to get some things to come to GODLY order and GOD fixes all. And the yoke is destroyed because of the anointing--GOD's word says. The word, which is JESUS--HE became the WORD. When the devil comes on my turf with guns, I fight him with fire (praying GOD's word/fasting/praising GOD w/songs). One day the SPIRIT said to me "EVENTHO GOD sent JESUS TO this EARTH----GOD ORDERED THIS--- JESUS STILL had to PRAY and FAST to accpmplish some of the things he was sent to do." Many haven't realized this. JESUS fasted several times. If I remember, I think he did three 40-day fasts---at 3 different enterals---alone with the other fasts he did while he was here in the earth. JESUS really put his flesh under subjection. God has given us all kinds of ammunition (the army of the LORD needs ammunition) to stop satan--praying his word, fasting, praising HIM--- in the midst of the storm. Also, do you enjoy Psalms 91? I pray this all the time too, again, putting my name/family/friends names in the prayer. "My family and I dwell in the secret place of the most high God, we abide under the shadow of the almighty, etc." Remember--- God said the angles hearken to the voice of his word, therefore we have the voice and are to use GOD's WORD. What can I say with all of this? GOD has given a way out for Little Lettie. If you decide to pray and fast, I will join in with you. In JESUS, CE

    ReplyDelete