Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Neurology visit
The neurology team just came in and shared with us their thoughts. The EEG has shown no strong seizure activity lately; however, it did show some spiking in the left hemisphere which he said was there prior to surgery. Her eyes were a little more open than when he saw her yesterday but still not really focusing on anything. They are still unsure as to why this is all going on. Her white blood count was slightly up the other day but hasn't been since then. He did say neurosurgery has considered doing a spinal tap to make sure there is no infection in the spinal column. They are going to continue giving her an extra anti-seizure med for the next couple of days which does sedate her some but they said they need to continue this to keep the seizures under control and let the brain heal itself. They do not consider her situation usual and have no "crystal ball" for the future. This could be our new baseline, she may never recover from this or she may improve. They don't know. They're hoping it is just taking her a lot longer to recover from this. As you can imagine, it wasn't what we were hoping to hear but I guess we'll have to take it. I'm praying God will show up sooo soon and allow us to start the healing process to get back to a "normal" life. I sure do miss our old life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Brittons: I am not sure what "normal life" looks like to you but I would imagine that the mere chance to be back in Seven Oaks would be a huge first step. We understand the long days in the hospital and the doctors coming by and shaking their heads and shrugging their shoulders. Jill and I are praying for you and your precious baby as you crawl through these arduous moments that turn into days and then weeks. We take little victories as they come as being huge..... Colette's eyes being more open and the white blood count continuing to remain down is a great thing today! Give her a hug from Hutton and tell her that she has got a great swimming buddy next door when the two of them get out of these hospitals. Keep looking up and out and don't ever lose sight of getting back to "normal". It will come in time. Thanks for sharing your journey with others and with us. We will walk with you through it in prayer and in support!
ReplyDeleteDavid, Jill and Hutton for the Johnson Party of Seven
We just wanted to let you guys know that we as a family are keeping constant watch on your blog and on Lettie's progress. We are all thinking of you and your family and praying diligently for your strength and Lettie's recovery.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Steven & Jan, Julie & Bryant, Jill & Wes
Dear Mark and Summer,
ReplyDeleteWe sing songs at church in the choir that say, " Just Hold on My Child because he's not so far away," and "A Brighter Day is coming to those who believe and pray. Help want help tomorrow if you give up today, just hold on a little longer - HELP IS ON THE WAY!
Take comfort in knowing that there are many people praying for Both of you and Little Lettie. I am praying for that "Normal" life for you and your family.
Donna Lynn and family
Our Dear Jesus....PLEASE help this precious family...PLEASE....
ReplyDeleteSummer, this is Bekah Parson... I live less than 15 min from Vandy if you need anything...Please call!!! 615-522-4171. It has been a very long time but do not hesitate to call for anything!! I along with my family are praying for the healing of your daughter!!! By his stripes we are healed!! Bekah
ReplyDeleteThis was sent in an email update from my church in Italy and I cried while reading it because all I could think of was the Britton family....
ReplyDelete"Was God absent in Joseph’s trial? Quite the opposite was true; God was right in the middle of his 13 year ordeal. God’s hands are always on the clay…God was preparing Joseph in order to position Joseph. Sometimes our trials last 13 years, or longer, but God is always “causing all things to work together for good to those who love God, those called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)"
God is working here even though we may not see it. My prayers continue for you, Summer and Mark, and even more so for your precious little Lettie.
Summer and Mark,
ReplyDeleteThis is Becky Buchanan. I didn't know anything about your situation until today. My heart goes out to you and your sweet baby girl! I don't think I've stopped praying since I heard! You guys will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
Summer and Mark, I am truly amazed at your God-given strength as I read your posts throughout the day. My heart is in shreds when I read of your anguish over Lettie. But my heart smiles when I hear your CONSTANT words of faith and hope in Our Healer Jesus Christ. His hands are on her and I know if the worldly blind was removed from our eyes, we would see the host of angels all around Lettie, the two of you, and your other two beautiful children. Wouldn't that be an awesome sight? Our faith reminds us that it is REAL!! Chad and I are praying diligently for you all, even our little Jackson (he's 4)said a prayer for Lettie. May Peace guard your hearts and I pray for a more restful night for you tonight. Love, Chad and Jessica Lange (Gwens kids)
ReplyDeleteHe's showing up, He's there, even when it doesn't seem like it - but I will admit I cannot begin to imagine what you feel and are experiencing... just know we are ALL praying and asking for a miracle and we are believing He will be lifted up and that you will be sustained and have abundant provision for any circumstance.
ReplyDeleteMarisa
Continuing to pray for you all!!
ReplyDeleteOur family has been praying for your little girl since before surgery. We have been watching the updates each day. We join you in prayer for God's healing and a peace that comes only from him. About 4 years ago in June our friend Laura's daughter, Megan had the same type surgery. I remember how hard the decisions were to do the surgery, the ups and downs of recovery, and just the uncertainty that life brings. I have given Laura B's number to Laura Smith. She said she would love to speak with you if you like. Although no two stories are exactly alike she has faced many of the challenges you have. Maybe it would help to talk to someone who's been there. God's grace is always sufficient and I ask Him to shower you and your precious daughter with it.
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys, and Regina and I are praying every day that little Lettie will continue to get stronger. God has His hands on her and your faith in Him is STRONG. Through the power of prayer, Lettie is making such a difference in so many peoples lives.
ReplyDeleteJeremy and Regina
We've been praying for your sweet Colette since we became aware of her condition. Can't stop thinking of your family. The Lord has certainly been glorified in her little life. Praying for miraculous healing and that this will just be the beginning of a life that points others to Christ.
ReplyDeleteAmanda Hutsell Galeotti
Summer, We are praying your little Colette. The Lord is faithful and true. He promised he would never leave or forsake us. He is there with you and your family and will be there all through this. We are praying his healing hand touch Colette's body and give her the healing she needs. I pray he gives you and Mark comfort during this time and will give you a peace soon.
ReplyDeleteLori Stephens
Saying prayers for all of you, your whole family. This is Sandi Gray, you went to high school with my kids, Shellie, Jessica, Vince and Erin. You have no idea how many people are being touched and are lifting you all up in prayer. Just know that people love you all and will do anything they can to help in any way, and that our loving Jehovah Raffe, the healer, is in control. I'm keeping up with the blogs and anticipating positive reports in Jesus Name!
ReplyDeleteI pray for your rest and your physical and emotional strength.
In Christ,
Sandi Gray
Mark and Summer, As I read these comments tonight before I go to bed, I am moved to tears as I see that truly God has shown up in the midst of this family of believers being bound together in prayer for our Colette. I long to sit before her high chair again and let her amaze us with her joy of life. Somehow I just know that Colette will wake up and show us her joy again. In my work with parents who have suffered much, I have stood in awe of the strength and insight each gains as we all rejoice over the small miracles. Let us keep our eyes focused on the tiny miracles in order to see the hand of God. I know beyond a doubt that angels are present. I will tell you my story sometime or email it to you. God's agents are everywhere. Begin to look for them and Satan is bound from Colette and both of you in the name of Jesus. Good night, faithful warriors!
ReplyDeleteSummer and Mark,
ReplyDeleteThis is April Wilkins Gahanza. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family and your precious baby girl! At this moment, dear Lord, we ask you to touch litte Colette and give her body strength during this recovery process. I know, just as you know, OUR GOD is right there with you. It reminds me of Footprints...there's only one set of footprints right now b/c he's carrying you through this. He's there! You will continue to be in our thoughts, hearts, and prayers!