Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Seizure

Colette just had a seizure. It was the first time post-surgery she has had a seizure that looked similar to the seizures she used to have pre-surgery. The only difference is it only lasted about 1.5 minutes and she can't move her left side nor does it move during the seizure. The neurosurgeon told us yesterday that he would not be overly concerned the first 30 days post-surgery with seizures. This is just a real downer for us right now. We've been in the new room about an hour or two. The nurse called the doctors just to come check or just to let them know?

18 comments:

  1. You all are being prayed for right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifting all of you up right now to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and Summer-
    Today as I was reading my Bible I had my journal out and it fell open to one of Pastor Scott's messages. Right before this I had been praying and praying for ya'll and Lettie. I feel like God is leading me to share with you...

    May 23- What do you do when Jesus is delayed?
    Mark 5:1-20
    1.Reject fear---Faith and fear can't reside in the same heart at the same time.
    2.Embrace faith---ask for an increase in faith
    3.Surround yourself with the right people---prayer warriors
    4.Expect ridicule
    5.Learn how to boldly and publicly celebrate the victory

    This is Lettie's story. God is getting the glory from her healing, her setbacks, and her miracles. There have been many times that I have sat back and asked "Why, God? Why Lettie? You can heal her. Heal her NOW." --"All in MY time, child." He whispers.
    Praying for you constantly, friends. Love you all!
    ~Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark & Summer,
    We just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and little Lettie.

    Love,
    Mitchell, Lou Ann(Daugherty), Rachel & Megan Carmley

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are praying constantly for Lettie and both of you. Please do not get discouraged. Keep your faith strong. God is in control.
    Love and prayers,
    Windy & Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Lettie and her wonderful parents, I love you guys, I have faith that God is going to work a miracle on that sweet precious baby,...GOD IS GOOD.. ALL THE TIME !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone will continue praying for Collette and the family. Angela Seaton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark & Summer, we are praying for you both and for Colette.

    "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14.

    He is Faithful. Love, Jennifer & Darryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Psalm 94:19
    When anxiety was great within me,
    your consolation brought joy to my soul.

    Lord, bring joy and peace to mark and summer's souls as they wait faithfully upon you. You say, Lord, in your word, that the prayers of the saints are help before your throne as an incense offering. I pray God that the pleas going up for Lettie would be a pleasing aroma of worship and praise to your name and your might. I pray God, that you would turn your face towards Mark and Summer's cries on Lettie's behalf and look upon them with favor and mercy. Deliver her, Lord.. in the mighty name of Jesus!!
    Standing with you, storming the throne with you, believing with you..will not stop praying for deliverance of a full healing for Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father, we kneel at your feet with complete brokeness of heart for the unknown condition of Lettie, her pain, and the waiting. We believe in your healing hand, your mercy, your love, your power, your concern, your grace, and your provision. Lord, take this Child Lettie and surround her with your angels. Father, divinely intervene in this child's body to cause the temperture to be 98.6, respirations to be 20, heart rate to be 120 or normal for her, the white cell count be below 10,000. We believe in you that you have the power and divine Hand in her life to do this. Give her life, give the parents peace to look for these things to happen right now in Jesus name. We give you the glory, the praise, the honor, and the thanks for what your doing for Lettie. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend Laura passed your blog on to us via facebook this am. Just want you to know Lette & your precious family are on my heart. I have thought about y'all ALL day & constantly prayed for Lette & y'all. I'm the mother of 3 boys & an RN-my heart goes out to you as a mother & a nurse. When you're reading your Bible will you read Psalm 91 out loud? There's SO much power in the spoken Word. God has given me that scripture all day as I've prayed for y'all. I pray Numbers 6:24-26 for you "The Lord bless you & keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you & be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you & give you peace." In His Love,Lisa Cleland-Montgomery,Al. I'm asking every Prayer Warrior I know to pray for Lette & Vaughn Forest Church in Montgomery will be praying for y'all too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Said a prayer for Lettie asking for healing at Jonah's bedside about an hour ago.

    Today at the pool in the changing area while Jonah and I were waiting for Jamie to get dressed there was a young woman (20ish)who was by herself and seemed like kind of a loner was getting dressed as well. Jonah was playing 20 questions about the paint splatters on the bench seat and the young woman said "In the million questions about everything stage huh?" I said yeah. She said "does it get annoying?" a picture of Lettie flashed in my head and I said "no, he can ask as many questions as he wants..." and I shared Letties story with her briefly. She was startled a little and said well I never thought about it that way. Me-Well we don't really until we know someone who's going thru a situation but we have to do the best we can and be grateful for what we have. Her-Well that's not always the easiest thing to do. Me-No, it's never easy. Her-Well you have a good day mam and thanks. Me- you too

    I don't know why I shared this but it just struck me that maybe she was struggling with something and had decisions to make. Maybe not.

    We know that God can heal with just the touch of the hem of His garmet but His plan is not our plan obviously but I do believe God's hand is on Lettie and believe we have already seen a miracle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came to your blog via a prayer request. I am praying for Colette's recovery and peace of mind for your family. I hope her recovery goes well. Her story reminded me of another blog I have followed. This little girl had a similar surgery for seizures and is now 5 or 6 years old. You might find it helpful. The blog is on caringbridge.com, under the name makennajohnson.
    I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from who every FAMILY in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strenthened with power and through His Spirit and the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and thatyou, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that YOU MAY BE FILLED UP TO ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD.
    Now to HIM who can do ABUNDANTLY BEYOND all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

    Doc and Summer,
    As you may recall, I had a student who was at UT all summer last year. This was one of the verses God showed me that was spoke over her and her family. And we saw God do ABUNDANTLY BEYOND what we could have ever asked...HE drew people to HIMSELF through this difficult, trying, sad, weary time...yet we rejoiced and I rejoice with you now...I know God is present in her room and this time is allowing you to witness to sooo many-some you know and some you do not. I pray you both continue to stand firm. Please continue to keep us posted on how we are to pray for you (Sequoyah's parents were very transparent which helped them and us to know how to pray). God is working in this miracle in his time...He is calling you to love those around you because He knows you are giving Him the glory and honor.

    Shannon Hays

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mark and Summer, We have been in a constant state of prayer for your whole family and the miracle that God is going to do in Colette's life. We love and miss you guys. My dad always told me "that this to shall pass" and this is just part of the journey God has for her life. What a story she will be able to share as she gets older of how God healed her body.
    Meagan & Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer Ramsey BoschJuly 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM

    Summer, We may not have ever talked or spoken to each other......maybe just a smile in passing during school but I want you to know that I have been thinking about you all day since Beverly Powell had a link on her facebook page to your blog site. When I read the story about Lettie and saw the pictures of her beautiful face I couldn't breath because I could never imagine how you and your family must feel and what you are going through. As a mother, I only hope I could have half the strength that you do. I keep thinking about what you said when you were praying at Lettie's bedside and you saw God's hands laid upon her.....that was a beautiful thought as I sat and read all about your family and prayed right then for her. Please know that your family and precious Lettie will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Brittons! It has been delightful to read your blog today. First and foremost, PRAISE GOD for Lettie's improvement...such sweet, sweet news to our ears and hearts. PRAISE GOD for all the heartache and struggles too, but it is so much easier to thank Him for the blessings that make us happy! Amen? It was fun to see the pictures of Lettie's pigtails, Summer SMILING and holding Lettie, and of course the pic with random guy from TV...(we don't have cable!) It was also fun to hear Mark banter with you about the facebook account. I just know Lettie is being strenthened by your love for eachother and joyful attitudes in the face of such a trial. Reading this blog, hearing your words of faith and hope, and praying the prayers with all the followers is so POWERFUL...Glory be to God! Continuing to pray...Chad and Jessica Lange

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reading your latest update, I prayed Psalm 121 for you. He is where your help comes from, the maker of heaven and earth v.2.. He will not allow your foot be be moved (unshakable!) v 3.. He, the Lord our God is your keeper! Your shade from the sun by day and moon by night (there you are in the shadow of His wings!) v. 4. and this is the BEST: v 7-8 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil. He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in, from this time forth and forevermore.
    HE, the maker of heaven and earth, is your keeper. As you sit watch over Lettie hour by hour, so does HE over you all. Trust in Him with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength...and if it gets hard along the way we are here propping you up in prayer and love!
    Prayerfully and with a thankful heart to God for His continued hand on Lettie!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete