Friday, July 23, 2010

Rehab not starting off well

Well, first of all I hope most of you enjoyed my recent choice of song for the blog...Rehab. It pretty much describes my and I'm sure Lettie's feelings about rehab. Unfortunately, we haven't started off on the best foot for rehab. She isn't eating or drinking well at all. We have struggled all day with feeding which then leads to difficulty getting her meds in her. We have hit obstacle #1 in Atlanta. I prayed so hard that this would start better than Vandy did, but no luck yet. She has one more shot tomorrow to do better with her eating and if she doesn't succeed they're putting the NG tube back in Sunday! She was very sedated this morning as well and the neuro nurse practitioner thought she may be having silent seizures so she ordered an EEG. We did a 30min. EEG, not too bad, and should get the results in a couple of days. They call this "baby bootcamp" and I agree. We went non-stop today from 8-4. She got a break for lunch and 1 hour between OT and PT this afternoon. I'm not complaining cause I want to push her to get better and realize we're kind of working on a time frame of sooner the better. I'm sure you can tell from the last two posts that I'm really down and I can be totally transparent in these posts cause I don't really have to face people one on one. It really helps me to get out my feelings though, so thank you for reading. Just pray for improvement soon. I thought this would go better than it has and maybe it will tomorrow. I continue to read Psalm 91 over Lettie each night and I've got to let go of this fear....that's what's bringing me down, I know. It's so hard to push out those human fears for your child. Mark is here for the weekend so that helps. Maybe she'll wake up tomorrow and eat like a horse and less like a My Little Pony(you know since they don't eat food at all)! Gotta throw in some humor to distract me! Gotta get some sleep. Bootcamp starts at 8:30 tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. I struggle with sleep, and I can not even begin to imagine how much sleep you have lost in the past month. I'm praying for your rest and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was back in Nashville today, we went to Sweet Cici's on 21st and had a prayer session in the parking lot for all of you. Hannah (my daughter) mentioned that Atlanta is a step up from Vandy & even tho' you're discouraged at the moment, it is a good sign that she's going to rehab. I'm gonna hang on to that thought and hope you can as well.
    BTW, she wasn't chosen for American Idol but will probably be on there w/ a "Ryan Seacrest" sign she'd made. Camera really zoomed in on her. Since her major is music business, she was actually more into the experience and not too disappointed; judges complimented her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer, scripture tells us that "God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind".If fear is not from God, it is from Satan. Satan is trying to have a party at your expense and we just will not let that happen. God has covered you with his wings. Now let Him be your refuge spoken of in Psalm 91 and try to rest. God is already in Lettie's future. Her future is already God's history. He is way ahead of us in this. "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act" Psalm 37:7. I have had to recall this verse many times during hard times and He has never let me down. My vision was not always His but His was even better every time. Tonight I pray for God's peace to cover your thoughts and fears and give you rest. He's got Lettie covered too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer, I just read your posting before going to bed. I just want you to know that Windy and I will be reading Psalm 91 and praying together for Lettie to to eat well tomorrow. We're also praying for your peace and comfort as well as Mark's. So glad he is there with you this weekend. That has to be a source of comfort as well. May God bless you and give you and Lettie a peaceful, restful night. Love, Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have been praying for Lettie and for things in my own life. I also have just started reading a book called "If not for the grace of God" by joyce meyer..... It has been such a help with the way I pray and also understanding faith. When you pray for little Lettie always ask for Gods Grace!! And if you are around a bookstore get it! I pray for her miracle and I know that it is in Gods timing.... Love and Praying for you and Lettie... Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying....Patti Brown, Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  7. it WILL get better!

    been listening to a kutless song this morning...

    GRACE AND LOVE - if you get a chance, look it up. Grace and Love is going to free Lettie... she's going to overcome this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy Tyler GatachelJuly 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

    STILL PRAYING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Praying for y'all today.Awesome Summer that you're reading Psalm 91 out loud over Lettie! Plead the Blood of Jesus over her from the top of her head to the soles of her feet for God's protection & healing. Summer & Mark put on the Armor of God every a.m. outloud! (You probably already are.) Holding up the Shield of Faith w/ which you are able to destroy ALL of satan's firey arrows! Claiming HEALING for Lettiebug! (You won't believe this...We were asked to pray for Lettie everytime we saw a ladybug... We were in Mexico this past week & I wasn't able to use my cell phone to access email. I prayed for y'all everyday & wondered how Lettie was doing. We were on the beach in Cozumel & out of the middle of NO where a LADYBUG landed on my arm! I stopped right there & prayed for Lettie & you & Mark.) We will NOT cease praying for Lettie's HEALING! In His Love~Lisa C

    ReplyDelete