Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Daddy's love & pillow pets






Mark made it back to the hospital this afternoon.Yea! I was so glad to see him and he was so glad to see Lettie. I think she looks a lot different than when he left on Sunday, for the better. She had a temp earlier of 100.7 and got some tylenol and that has come down. She just started her 2nd dose of her vancomycin and cefepime for her infection. She ate her food well tonight and is still struggling some with the bottle, but we're getting there slowly. She and Mark are asleep in the crib now and I pray we have a peaceful night. Lettie got showered with some gifts today...Ms. Candi got her a beautiful bracelet and Bible story book, Ms. Greta got her some snazzy new jammies, and Ms. Jen got her an adorable ladybug pillow pet( which Mark is really enjoying). I got some great pics of Lettie in her new pjs & with her pillow pet and some more of her and Mark.I also wanted to post a pic of all three of my babies that we took in December. I just love how sweet they all look. Pray that we get return on the left side, her feeding continues to improve, NO seizures, and healing from infection. Please don't stop praying for improvement although the days seem to be getting better. A lot of times we start to slack off on our prayers when things start going good...don't stop believing for a miracle.

20 comments:

  1. Christie Jenkins PippinJuly 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM

    Lettie looks so cute in her new PJ's! I will continue to lift her and the rest of your family up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, so glad that Mark made it back...these photos are priceless & made both my husband & I cry like babies. Our daughter, Isabella that drew the picture for Lettie, had her tonsils & adenoids removed today but everything we did today reminded me of the struggles you all have been through and your faith through it all. They gave her applesauce before we left & I even said to her that Lettie had eaten some too. We will continue to keep praying for no seizures, movement on the left side, fever to go away, eating better and just complete healing.LeaAnne dollar

    LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will not stop praying fervently until she is restored. We will not stop praying for you until you are all snug back in your own home, together and healthy. Praising the Lord along the way but continuing supplications on your behalf...and He hears us! Psalm 116:1
    Love!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray everyday for this little girl she's always on my mind. Please know I will continue to pray everyday "We will get this miracle from God."
    Valorie Fortuna

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you and are so thankful for the smallest improvements. God is so Good...all the time. I keep a prayer on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer, it is so good to see these pics of Lettie getting better. I pray that things continue to improve.
    Sarah Amos

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful family. You are so blessed. Please know I will not stop praying for your little Lettie. Thanking God tonight for her improvements and still praying for a miracle. I know God hears our prayers and sees our tears. Please also send up prayers for families in your same situation but have no one to pray for them. Thank you. I know in your suffering God hears your prayers for others. Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer,
    The pics are great. There is no way that I'm going to stop praying for this precious girl now. I know she still has a ways to go, but she will get there. I pray for her throughout the day. I'm still praying for complete healing for Lettie, that every part of her body is restored, seizure-free, and all parts working. God is so good! I know she is going to be healed. I don't know your family, but just from reading your posts I can tell you guys are good people with lots of faith, and you love God. I'll continue praying for Lettie, you and your husband, and your other 2 kids also. I'm waiting for the day when you post a pic of a smiling and completely well Lettie. I think we're all waiting for that. Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Thanks for sharing the pics and the update. Continuing the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The prayers will never stop. Thank you God for a seizure free night. May God give Lettie the strength to take her bottles well today so that tube can be GONE for good! Candi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yesterday, we started VBS at our church, Maple Springs Baptist Church. We are trying to teach them about Jesus and Prayer this short week. We continued to lift up Lettie's name and your family in prayer during our vbs. Your faith and strength is amazing. I continue to look forward to your blogs. 1 John 5:14 says, " this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us."
    He does hear our prayers for Lettie and we will continue to pray for Lettie because we have confidence in HIM.
    We will continue to pray, pray, pray.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just letting you know we haven't forgotten you and to continue to pray for Lettie and your family each day.

    Wes and Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. praying....p. brown, Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are praying constantly. I wanted to let you know that everyone was asking about you guys at church last night. Several people told me that they are awakened throughout the night and immediately go before the Father lifting Lettie up in prayer. The next morning they will check the blog to see that something may have happened at the time they started praying. God is so big that he stands by Lettie at all times but is able to draw so many others to pray just when she needs it most. If you have time and need a little encouragement go to Proverbs 31 Ministries website and read yesterday's devotion. I would love to type the entire devotion for everyone checking your blog to read because it was perfect for your situation and waiting on God's perfect timing. On a side note, Jack and Coop are doing great. They didn't miss a beat last night at church. It was comforting to see them playing and laughing like normal. Lisa and Dennis are doing a wonderful job with the kiddos. You are blessed to have such great friends. Love you all, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  15. My family went to Red, White and Bluegrass at Northstar last night and my kids were playing with the Gentry boys and Cooper and Jack were playing along with the some other kids. My son, Easton threw a ball at my daughter Makenlee and she started crying b/c she was caught off guard and was not ready. As I was trying console her. Cooper walks over and says, "Is your little girl ok?" I said, "yes." It was so sweet. So I said, "You have such a pretty bracelet." She had this white bracelet with big beads. She siad, "It's my Mommy's. She is at the hospital with my sister." I said, " I know I am praying for your baby sister." She just smiled. I had to share b/c it really was a sweet moment.

    Melissa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  16. praying everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never met you Summer, but I am a patient of Dr. Britton's. I have followed your blog very closely and am praying for Lettie continuously along with your family. I cannot begin to imagine what you all are going through, but your faith is amazing and so inspiring! Your situation has changed my life in so many ways. It is so amazing to see such strong faith during such a difficult time. I too have a 2 year old little girl 3 months younger than Lettie and every night before we go to bed, she prays with me for Lettie and gives her a kiss (from the blog on my phone) and she tells her to get better soon and she loves her! The first time she ever saw her picture she said "Oh Mommy, What a sweet baby! I like Lettie!". I just thought that I would share that sweet story with you. Lettie is always on our heart and we will continue to pray for her complete healing each and every day.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Summer and Mark, I was encouraged after my time playing and working with her yesterday. I am thankful for these little miracles each day. To have her look me in the eyes and reach accurately for toys and repeat the reaching and then to cross midline to the left side when she could only hear the toy was wonderful! My joy leapt when I saw her move 3 toes 3 times! I know that cognitively she is still there as I saw recognition in her eyes when she looked at my face and her favorite toys I brought. She knew what to do! Keep stimulating the palm of her left hand and the sole of her left foot. Show them to her as you touch and move them. We don't want her to forget they are there. Summer, your sweet spirit and humor are so obvious and bless my soul. Thank you for sharing your faith and family with me! I have no doubt that the miracles are coming and we must celebrate each small achievement! I am praying for more small miracles today and for the ng tube to be removed as she eats more orally. Ashley, Brian, and Ryan were blessed and moved by Lettie and Summer! They want to meet Mark soon. Praying with each breath I take, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. As I read and pray for you, Lettie and your family recently I feel God nudging me that perhaps you are beating yourselves up a little for even doing this surgery to begin with. I felt the overwhelming urge to share what thoughts followed. Sure this is a crazy rocky road and nothing seems to have gone smooth but, and its a big BUT, you did not take this step lightly. Prayerfully you sought God in this decision and made a very loving choice. These seizures were causing so much trouble for little Lettie and devastation for your family. Stay strong and when you can't close your eyes and just rest in the Lords arms. He can handle this. He loves you and Lettie. Remember every problem has an expiration date. God will resolve all these issues. Until He does I will keep praying for you...maybe we'll even meet when this is all over. Amazing how he weaves the lives of His children together. I've never met your family, but God has made it clear that I am to lift you up to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praying for the best for you and your family, I feel for your family. REmember god only gives us what we can handle and is always testing our strength, be strong you can do it.

    ReplyDelete