Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quick update

Lettie is having a very good morning. I have been up with her since about 4. Several times she has looked at me. There is no reaction or emotion from her (yet). But this is a great improvement to just have her focus her vision on me!
She's asleep now. Her heart rate is 155 beats per minute as i look. this is approx. 20-25 bpm less than yesterdays avg. Her white blood cell count is up, but Dr. Pearson (neurosurg) wasn't overly alarmed. They took a blood culture just to check. Nothing but praises this morning!
Mark
FYI- I noticed Summer mentioned my facebook. Please don't be concerned if you try to contact or send a friends request to me and get no response. I'm not the "man behind curtain" on that account. I think it is used to look at pictures etc. a couple times a year by someone who is in this hospital room with me! (No it's not Lettie bug)

28 comments:

  1. I have been in the PICU with a three week old and the docs were giving no hope but GOD showed up in a HUGE way and RESTORED my child and that is my prayer for you. 1 Peter 5:10 says "and the GOD of ALL grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will HIMSELF RESTORE you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To HIM be the power forever and ever. Amen"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for complete recovery for your LettieBug,calm and peace for you Summer and Mark. Our Lord is with you every momemt, keep on loving that precious baby and fighting that spiritual battle for her,take care of each other. Will continue to pray for wholeness, Sharon Beatty {Jodys mom}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to be hearing that Lettie is having a good morning. I am certain that God is standing over her & healing her!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy to receive good news about Lettie. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark, the least you could do is update your Facebook profile with a picture. ;)

    And I just realized that there are almost 500 people in the "Pray for Colette" group already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a young child, one of my favorite Bible verses I learned at my grandmother's knee was Matthew 7:7 - "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you". Fifty+ years later, this verse is anchored so tight in my heart and with every answered prayer, strengthens my faith. Upon reading your last blog entry, I sent PRAISES up to our LORD for HIS Goodness and HIS Mercies! I know that there is such a network of pray-ers across this country (and possibly throughout the world) praying continually for Lettie and for you, and I know that God is listening to each and every prayer. That you are leading us to pray specifically for Lettie's needs helps us to ask for God's touch with those immediate needs. I will be singing PRAISES this morning while I continue to pray concerning Lettie's fast heart rate and her white blood count. May God reveal a special blessing to Lettie, you and your family today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God for all he is doing!!! May her eyes continue to focus on her mommy and daddy. We love all of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many prayers going up for your sweet famiy. God always hears and NEVER ignores our requests. "And I pray that you,being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. Eph.3:18

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halleluja! Singing songs of praise for such a good report! Thank you Lord. We love you Britton Family! Sent out over 120 invitations to join the FB "Pray for Colette" page today...far reaching to Godly prayer warriors around the globe. Rejoicing and weeping tears of joy at how He has used Lettie to unite His church...THE CHURCH of believers from various nations. How proud you must be of your warrior princess, Lettie:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad she is doing better. Just watch, this will take time and she will be better than ever. her little body is just trying to heal. "All good things come to those who wait". i know waiting is hard but sometimes reaps the best rewards. God Bless all of you.
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mark, I requested your fb friendship over a year ago, and never got a response. :)

    I'm so glad things are looking up for Colette this morning! You all are on my mind constantly, and I check this blog several times a day for updates. You two are amazing parents, and your strength in this situation is something to admire. I look forward to more positive updates, and I know you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. God be with this precious, beautiful little girl! I ask for 100% recovery, Lord! You are better than any doctor, and you know more than any doctor! You are the Great Physician, Lord! Take care of this precious baby, Saviour. Wrap your healing arms around her, Lord I plead. Be with her parents and give them strength! I have faith in your healing hand, Lord, and know you'll carry them through! God bless little Lettie!
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart and prayers go out for you, your family, Lettie, the nurses and doctors. I have followed your story via a Facebook link. Though I don't know your family personally, I have continue to follow your story, struggles and celebrations. I have a five year old girl and can not imagine what you are going through. With that being said, it is amazing to see and hear how much support and prayers from the community that you are receiving. It really shows the good in people and the fact that God lives in their heart.

    I have no doubt that God is standing in Lettie's room with His loving and healing hands on her and you. I pray as the days go by that she continues to show improvement and that you find peace and comfort in your heart/mind/body and that you are able to find some rest for yourselves.

    Michele
    Knoxville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mark and Summer, There is one thing I have learned through the years and that is children can scare and worry you so when they are sick or injured. It can make you feel so helpless. Then they bounce back. Little ones have a way of doing that. This my prayer for you, Love, Debbie Price

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for your family. God is still in the miracle working business. You have a lot of people coming together to pray for your precious child and your family. God is going to do something very special through this and there will be blessings. Just remember God never gives you more than you can handle. Praying with a lot of people for you all. Nicki Burnette, Sweetwater, Tn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer, my favorite devotion from a Billy Graham daily reading is: "Prayer opens the gates of Heaven and releases the power of God!"

    His gates are going to open wide. I pray for you, Colette, Mark and all your family.

    Kathy Ridenour (katie's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great news to see those precious eyes open. I keep praying and checking your blog faithfully. God is good!!!

    Melissa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, thank you God!!! Maker of all miracles!!
    Mark 11:23-34 "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
    We continue to stand in faith believing and waiting for a miracle for Lettie. Praying the name of Christ will be made known as limitless and awesome in power through your Lettie girl! I'm so thankful for Him giving you news to uplift your hearts. I know it helps so much to keep the fight going strong in your heart. Remember this moment when the enemy tries to wear you down. He is your deliverance and will never fail to lead you in green pastures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As you sit in the room and pray that God works a miracle for you, I pray here at my home that God reaches through all those wires, machines, medicines and heals Lettie! I pray that God gives her doctors and nurses wisdom to do what is best for her. I pray that her mommy and daddy can be comforted in some small way, whether it be a good reading from a dr. report, a twinkle in lettie's eye, a twitch of her hand, a sigh, a decreased heart rate or a lowered white blood cell count... as simple as those may be, it brings a little hope that God still has plans for Lettie here on Earth. I know many people from the Britton family and I pray for them as well. May God take you in his arms and hold you there through this immense test of faith. I just know each day & night God holds Lettie in his arms and rocks her as he whispers her future into her ears. Stay strong mom and dad and thousands of people are praying for your baby! God hears her name many times and I'm sure he visits you and stands by Lettie just as you said. In those quiet moments, God is at still at work.
    May God Bless you.. Missy Carter

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praise the Lord! I'm so pleased she is improving. I and everyone here at KPA are praying earnestly for Lettie and the whole family. God does indeed answer all prayers!
    -Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are praying for you and your sweet family! Our God is an amazing God, and we are lifting you all up daily. God bless you! The Bundons

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great News Summer...WE are ALL praying so hard for all of you..We love all of you very much

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad to hear that Lettie is having a better day and continue to pray continuously that each day will be even better until her recovery is total and complete!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  24. As I sit and read this I prayed for your little girl. I have never meet you or your family. I am praying that God will give you the strength to deal with all that you are going through. My problems seem so small compared to yours. I pray for your other children too, because this isn't easy for them. Let the glass be 3/4's full because that is what positive thinking is all about. May our GREAT LORD and Savior be with you, your family, the nurses, but most of all the doctors as they treat your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Summer & Mark,
    We have never met,but I went to MHS with David, Melanie,& Scott and live in the same subdivision as Scott & Angie. I, like the rest of this community, am praying for your sweet baby. I check this blog daily and am so happy to read good news for you today. There are sooo many people praying for your family - your miracle will come!
    Robin Bowers
    Madisonville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just saw on Donna's FB that Lettie ate a bite of applesauce. GREAT NEWS!!! Still praying for the more good news that is too come. Little steps mean a lot at times like this. Love to all of you.....even GIGI!!! Kim Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes that is awesome news....
    Your facebook prayer page for lettie is rocking with people!!! That is one loved little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mark & Summer,
    I just had to share this with you. Early this morning as I was driving the Holy Spirit strongly nudged me to pray for you guys. In the midst of this the Lord and I entered into a little non audible dialog. I said, Lord, I dont really understand whats going on in this whole deal. He said "what do you mean, I have answered your prayers." I replied how can this be when Lettie is not getting any better. The Lord said "You and the whole Church prayed that I would heal Collette in a miraculous way so that I get all the glory and that it increases your belief in the power of corporate prayer. You also said do it in my way and my time. This is exactly what I am doing. I am positioning all things so that no man can take the credit or the glory." At that time He reminded me that He is in charge and that Collete is firmly placed in HIs hands! In that moment I was overwhelmed with an unexplainable peace about the whole matter that I had not experienced prior. I am still praying,trusting and believing that God has a plan in all this. Praise be to the Lord who is control of all things!
    In His Love,
    Pastor Scott

    ReplyDelete