Well I took the second shift this morning. Mark woke me up around 4:30 and said Lettie has had a good night of sleep so far. She just woke up around 5:45 and looks better today. She looks more alert and rested. They took the IV in her right hand out last night because it was starting to bruise and was painful to flush and got one in her left hand. When she woke up she started moving her right hand around, like it was free again. I've given her Sofie and she's chewing on it and waving it around. This makes me so happy to see her playing again. We had started getting better at the first of the week and then downhill again when the fevers started spiking. Her hemoglobin was very low yesterday and they had talked to us about a possible transfusion, but praise God her labs look much today so we shouldn't have to do the transfusion! Huge blessing. Her fevers have been better throughout the night and the infectious disease team will be in today to discuss her latest CT scans we had done last night. I'm hoping today will be the final turning point to recovery to us... no more obstacles thrown in the way. Pray we have a great day and she continues to improve. Pray for clear answers from the CT scans and that the new antibiotics we started last night will be the ones that fight off this infection we're dealing with. They still haven't removed her NG tube; they wanted to leave it since her fevers were getting so high they were afraid she wouldn't eat or drink and we needed it for a source of nutrition. Maybe today, if all goes well, they'll let us take it out! That would be so awesome. The last several weekends haven't really panned out well for us, so let's all pray those type of weekends are behind us and we're gonna have a great weekend! We had some visitors that we're going to hang out with us this weekend but with her temps increasing and her infection still unknown we had to cancel those for everyone's safety. Let's hope for a low key, uneventful weekend. I want to say a heartfelt thank you to all those on facebook that have ladybug pics on their pages. I was so overwhelmed when I saw it and was brought to tears at how many people Lettie has touched. Every day I am more and more awestruck by the affect she has had on so many. I mean, let's face it, I'm gonna love her unconditionally cause she's my child, but I'm so overwhelmed at how many others have grown to love her as well. I truly pray that someday in the future I will have the opportunity to sit down with her and show her the pages of this blog and she have the ability to comprehend how special she is and that we owe all this to her Maker!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Rise & Shine
Well I took the second shift this morning. Mark woke me up around 4:30 and said Lettie has had a good night of sleep so far. She just woke up around 5:45 and looks better today. She looks more alert and rested. They took the IV in her right hand out last night because it was starting to bruise and was painful to flush and got one in her left hand. When she woke up she started moving her right hand around, like it was free again. I've given her Sofie and she's chewing on it and waving it around. This makes me so happy to see her playing again. We had started getting better at the first of the week and then downhill again when the fevers started spiking. Her hemoglobin was very low yesterday and they had talked to us about a possible transfusion, but praise God her labs look much today so we shouldn't have to do the transfusion! Huge blessing. Her fevers have been better throughout the night and the infectious disease team will be in today to discuss her latest CT scans we had done last night. I'm hoping today will be the final turning point to recovery to us... no more obstacles thrown in the way. Pray we have a great day and she continues to improve. Pray for clear answers from the CT scans and that the new antibiotics we started last night will be the ones that fight off this infection we're dealing with. They still haven't removed her NG tube; they wanted to leave it since her fevers were getting so high they were afraid she wouldn't eat or drink and we needed it for a source of nutrition. Maybe today, if all goes well, they'll let us take it out! That would be so awesome. The last several weekends haven't really panned out well for us, so let's all pray those type of weekends are behind us and we're gonna have a great weekend! We had some visitors that we're going to hang out with us this weekend but with her temps increasing and her infection still unknown we had to cancel those for everyone's safety. Let's hope for a low key, uneventful weekend. I want to say a heartfelt thank you to all those on facebook that have ladybug pics on their pages. I was so overwhelmed when I saw it and was brought to tears at how many people Lettie has touched. Every day I am more and more awestruck by the affect she has had on so many. I mean, let's face it, I'm gonna love her unconditionally cause she's my child, but I'm so overwhelmed at how many others have grown to love her as well. I truly pray that someday in the future I will have the opportunity to sit down with her and show her the pages of this blog and she have the ability to comprehend how special she is and that we owe all this to her Maker!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Giving God all the glory great things he hath done. He gave us a Saviour He gave us His SonhankYhank you Jesus for a good night.
ReplyDeleteWahoo! Thank you, sweet Jesus for giving Lettie a restful night. Thank you for giving her the energy to play, and sit up. Today, we ask that you give her the desire to eat and drink on her own. Lord, give Lettie a weekend of good answers, progress, and another healing touch from you. So many are coming to know about your healing powers, and I ask that the seeds that are being planted through Lettie's story will encounter more water in their life so that they come to know you personally, God. We praise you and you alone in the healing of Lettie.God, give Summer and Mark a good weekend of laughs, answers, rest, and just sweet time with Lettie. We love you, Lord!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Praise the Lord for this good news! I pray that you all have an awesome weekend and her healing continues. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. You are such a special family and you are in my thoughts constantly. Her turning point is coming soon....I can feel it. :) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteSummer and Mark, We are praying for a Great day for you guys and baby Lettie she is such a strong little girl and God is in control.
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Cheryl and Jeff Ambrister
Praise be to Jesus. I will continue to pray for your intentions. Lettie is always in my heart. Thank you for posting that cute picture of Lettie playing. We will all be waiting for the one with a smile on her face. I am glad she had one for you. She loves you! Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteYeah Lettie!!! We pray that God will give you all a great weekend and sweet Lettie will start to get back to her happy,sweet self!
ReplyDeleteScott and Angie
I'm amazed at how much better Lettie looks in this pic. Still praying for all the same things. Love you, Lettie! V. Allen
ReplyDelete