Monday, July 12, 2010

Our special Mr. Windy

I know I just got through posting but this story I has been on my heart and I really want to share with you all. I share it to prove to those that may struggle with believing to see how amazing our God is and the people he can put in our paths at the right time.
Lettie's early intervention teacher, Ms.Nancy, shared an amazing and personal story with us about a visit she had from an angel named Wendy. This occurred while her father was at Parkwest several years ago. She had stayed the night with him and during some part of the night a beautiful nurse dressed in white scrubs came to take her father's blood pressure. She had a nametag and said she was from ICU and her name was Wendy. During her visit she proceeded to pray over Ms. Nancy's father for healing. Later that night, another nurse came in to take his blood pressure and Nancy told them Wendy already had. Surprisingly, no one had heard of this "Wendy". Nancy and her father both remembered this lady and Nancy even went around the hospital and to ICU in search of Wendy but no one knew who she was talking about. Clues led Nancy to realize this was a visit from one of God's angels. She had walked in the room dressed in white, flawlessly beautiful, and pronounced her father's name perfectly( which most could not do).
I share that story to led up to an amazing correlation in our situation. We have been visited 3 or 4 times by the father of one of Mark's patients. His name is Winda, but everyone calls him Windy! We have never met he or his sweet wife, Sue Ann, but they felt drawn to come and pray over Lettie with us and have been back to do so several times. It's amazing how God led Ms. Nancy to share her special story with us and then low and behold, he sent us our very own, Windy! After I read Ms. Nancy's story I got chills all over. God has put so many new and special people in our lives recently and I know it's to keep us strong. Only God could set up such a divine appointment as we have had.

15 comments:

  1. WOW! God will continue to pour His love out to you through His people....We are one body in Christ! Our pastor has always said there's no such thing as "coincidences" but "God incidents" : ) <3 Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. I got chills and tears reading this! How amazingly perfect and gracious of God to provide in such a beautiful way in your greatest time of need! God has chosen sweet Lettie (and your family) to show Himself. I mean, people are hearing the name of Jesus bc of your precious girl!!!! And not only that, people are seeing His glory and faithfulness in YOU and Mark as you walk through this trial with faith. I continue to pray for you and Mark to be strong and courageous and for sweet Lettie to be brought to healing by the name of, and for the glory of Jesus!! Lord, please give Summer peace as she goes into this mtg tomorrow and give the team of drs wisdom beyond measure. Give them clarity and lead them to a new path you have laid out that will bring healing to Lettie. Lord, may they continue to have hope in your promises and when things said or done get them down or discouraged, bring your word quickly to their hearts as a rock to stand on. You are immovable, unshakable and limitless in power. Shower blessings over Lettie tonight and Jesus, in the name of Christ free this child from seizures. Bring restoration to her sweet little body and left side and give her her daily bread Lord. You say you care so much more for her than the sparrows and you feed them Lord.. give Lettie her daily bread, Lord.. bring your glory to the room she is in and send your angels to stand protection in this new room. I pray your spirit would be so present in Summers heart as she waits until Mark returns. You say you will never leave us Lord, bring that word true for Summer Lord while she waits without Mark and the kids. Praying for rest and peace and healing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer, thank you for being such an example of real faith. I know God is blessing you because you live according to His will. I will be praying for your intentions. Lettie is always in my prayers. Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your meeting today. I am sharing your story with everyone. I hope to come to visit soon. Jaydan prays every night for Colette and is wanting to see her SOOOO much. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my....I have chills too. I truly be ieve that God has sent your sweet Lettie to all of us as our angel to show us how precious and wonderful God`s work really is, and to help all of us put things into perspective, whether its huge things in our lives, or just tiny stupid things that we make into mountains. Thank you so much for sharing this Summer. It will help every one of us today as we continue to pray for your precious baby girl. God is with her and you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my....I have chills too. I truly be ieve that God has sent your sweet Lettie to all of us as our angel to show us how precious and wonderful God`s work really is, and to help all of us put things into perspective, whether its huge things in our lives, or just tiny stupid things that we make into mountains. Thank you so much for sharing this Summer. It will help every one of us today as we continue to pray for your precious baby girl. God is with her and you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOD is good....p. brown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!!I am praying today for all of the things you have ask. You are in my prayers for continued strength to face and live through each of these trying days minute by minute as Lettie WILL improve by the help of God's almighty hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer,
    I just wanted you to know that you and Mark are true examples of faith and that Lori and I pray for Lettie everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm praying for Lettie's complete healing and for your meeting today with the doctors that you find the answers to your questions. Also praying for the doctors to have full understanding of what is going on with Lettie, and be able to treat it. Praying for your husband who can't be there with you right now, praying that you all have a quiet and peaceful day. V. Allen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have fallen in love with Lettie Bug. She is so beautiful. I go to Glenlock Baptist here in Sweetwater. I felt led to put her on our prayer chain. Our church is praying for you all. I copied some pictures to post on our board so they can see who they are praying for. I pray God will use Lettie to prove his wonderful power to everyone. He can make her good as new. I know Mary. She is a wonderful lady. I am glad she is with you at this time.
    Love and prayers. Christine Lankford

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer, You are an amazing woman. Your faith will get you through. Our GOD is so incredible and so beautiful. We too, experienced His presence in a wonderful man (in a red Jeep) who saved my husband's life 3 years ago - when a riding lawn mower turned over on him. This Angel stopped and lifted the mower off - and left before others arrived. To this day - we don't have a name - but we are so thanful to God for His amazing presence and grace. We too, have added you to our church prayer list and will continue to do so. We especially lift you up today as you meet with the medical team. May God Bless you each one. We're sending lots and lots of love to all of you - and especially Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Summer! We have never met but I am Shannon Hays' sister and I also work with Dennis. I am praying for Lettie and your entire family each and every day. I have a son that is Lettie's age and I try to put myself in your shoes and can't even imagine what you all are going through. God will get you through this...Keep the Faith! I wanted to comment on your "Windy" post. We have had our own "Windy" also. My husband was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in February 2009 and we were referred by an aquaintance to an organization called "Memories of Love" that sends families with a parent that has a terminal illness on a vacation to Orlando. I contacted this organization and they sent us on a trip this past February and we had a great time. They gave us a wonderful gift that will last us a lifetime. After saying all of that, my contact's name at "Memories of Love" was Windy. She was so helpful to me.

    I also looked up the meaning of the name "Windy" and it means "friend". I am so glad you all have a "Windy" to be there for you and please don't ever forget you have a lot more "Windy's" out there, no matter the name, that are praying for Lettie and your entire family. Lettie is a precious little girl and I look forward to reading your blogs as her condition improves and hopefully one day meeting you and her. God Bless.

    Stephanie Bradley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer, What an amazing story..... Thanks for sharing! It never ceases to amaze me at how God works!! Praying for a GREAT day for Lettie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Summer, Thank you for your kind words about me late last night. I am by no means an angel, but Iam honored and proud to be Lettie's Windy. My love and concern goes out to Lettie because God gave me and Sue Ann two incredible God-loving daughters and He also gave us three beautiful granddaughters, as well as a wonderful grandson. We truly love precious children, especially little girls and after seeing Lettie, she has truly touched our hearts. We have become especially attached to her and we stand in agreement with you and Mark and all the Prayer Warriors that God is doing something special with Little Lettie's life. Just think of all the people that God has touched through Lettie. So I am thinking that this little girls is having a tough time, but she is causing the name of Jesus to be lifted up in praise. Just keep the faith because God hasn't finished His work yet. Whatever His will is will be to His honor and glory. May God's comfort and blessings be with you, Mark, Jack, Cooper and especially Lettie. We love you guys.
    Lettie's Windy

    ReplyDelete