I'm very sorry this is my first post since yesterday afternoon but Mark & I finally took some time yesterday to spend with just jack and Cooper. Cooper and I spent some much needed alone time together and Jack & Mark went back to the hotel for some much need Wii time! Mark & I left the grandmothers at the hospital with Lettie and we got some awesome sleep in a real bed at the hotel with Jack & Coop. There's not been a lot of change since they have just added the new med yesterday (plus its hard to go by what the grandparents say. Their love for her is kinda blind so they have a tendency to overexaggerate Lettie's abilities). She seems to be more alert each & every day and is very frustrated with the NG tube in her nose and I think she has realized she cannot move her left side which is bothering her. We haven't seen much return of movement on her left side at all but I'm praying every day that it will get stronger. Yesterday morning before we left she looked like she tried to smile a little! She still has such a long road ahead and I pray the seizures stop. Her ketogenic diet is in full force and the nutritionist said until this gets regulated in her system we may or may not see some seizures. Pray that we don't! We will continue to pray for better days and comfort for her. She is very sore all over and cries every time we try to move or pick her up. This little girl is a trooper and I pray miracles are in her near future. It looks like we'll be here until middle of next week, at least. Atlanta is waiting for us to be medically stable for a transfer there.
Today and tomorrow are gonna be especially hard for me so please pray for my strength. Mark has to go back to work Monday and everyone except Mary & I will be leaving tomorrow. I knew this time would come but it helps so much to have Mark and the kids especially, here with me. That helps to make this seem more like our "normal" life. The kids need to get home...Jack has science camp & I know they miss their house & friends. It's very selfish of me to want them to stay here just to make me more comfortable. Please pray today for continued improvement with Lettie, NO seizures, return of movement on the left side, & strength for me. I will try to post some new pics later today.
SO many are praying for you, Mark, your children, and especially for little Collette! It is amazing how many folks are captivated and concerned for your situation. God hears and answers prayer, and I know that each and every moment someone is praying for Little Lettie. May the peace that only God can give fill your hearts and minds as you wait.
ReplyDeleteSo so thankful to see this update!! I'm rejoicing with you to hear that you saw a glimmer of your girl's smile! I know that had to have done wonders for your heart! Your ever-present help will never leave you alone and I will continue to pray all the more that you feel the peace and presence of Christ in such a tangible way that it rescues your heart. Find comfort in Isaiah 66:13 "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.." In your deep love for Lettie and how gently and lovingly you care for her every moment, how much more is your Father watching over/caring for you?!!! It is unimaginable to us how much He loves and I will pray that you feel it to the depths of your soul as you wait for Mark to return. Exodus 3:17 "And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery.."
ReplyDeleteLord,
Thank you for this wonderful news that Lettie continues to move forward, by your grace. Come today Lord and move this mountain into the sea. Continue Lord, by your power, to stand with your protective hand on Lettie's brain keeping it from seizures. And come quickly, Lord in times when the enemy tries to steal, kill and destroy Summer.. come quickly to rescue her. May the room her and Lettie are in be a fortress so strongly protected by your power, that everyone who enters feel peace and a renewed spirit being in your presence. Lift Summer up, Lord, keep her close to yourself so that she never, for one second, feels alone. You never leave us, Lord.. I pray that Summer would feel you with her at all times. Cover the door to their room with your protective blood that no attack could come near in Jesus's name. I pray that Summer would be able to testify of your faithfulness to never leave her. Thank you, Lord.
Lord, Please give Summer the strength, that only you can give, to keep on going even with Mark having to go back home. I thank you that they were each able to spend time with Cooper and Jack and get some much needed rest! Please be with Mark, Jack, Cooper and the grandparents as they head back to Knoxville tomm. Father God I ask for healing and miracles to continue for Lettie. I pray that her pain would subside and she would become more alert each and everyday! Lord we know you have a great plan in all this even though it is hard for us to imagine,but you are the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings and we know that your plan is the BEST plan!! We love you Lord and thank you in advance for the miracle that you are going to perform on baby Lettie! Amen
ReplyDeleteSummer, I will be praying for you during this time alone that you will feel more than ever the Peace that only God can give. I know He is in the room with your little Lettie. I know you saw him there. I believe you. As always I will be praying for Lettie. Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteSummer, I have tried to post a comments several times but it is hard on my phone I was very happy to hear of letties improvements. I check several times during the day. And my children especially my girls Anna, 12 and Lilly, 5 check with me. My boys. Dalton, 10 & Xander, 4 sure think Lettie looks cool for a girl in her pics. My friends and family in Tn, Ga, &California are all praying for your family. I am so happy you two got to spend Time w the other kids, I bet the shower was as great as the bed!I kno
ReplyDeletew it will be hard when mark and the kids leave but as she gets better you'll have special mommy time
w her and the days will start to fly by As a mom who has been there I promise. Don't forget I have family in Atlanta and if Piedmont is where u are they will be very close. My cousin at least should stop by tow see u down there.my family has a bbq restaurant w their own sauce if u like bbq anyway let me know. Remember all our prayers and love r w u during this trying time. Love, the. Lacey 's ( Adrianne Jackson )
Still praying for Colette! Miracles DO happen.
ReplyDeletePraying....
ReplyDeletePatti Brown, Knoxville
Still praying for all of you....Summer - God said he would never put on us nothing we can not handle...You and Colette and well your entire family are some of the strongest people I know.....Your faith, your courage God has great plans for all of you...Stay strong in the Lord!!Still Praying for you and your family....Let's just say all of Tellico Plains have you in their prayers.
ReplyDeletePraying peace and comfort for you all...I am glad you were able to spend some time with Coop and Jack, too. If there is anything Savannah and I can do (play and watch kiddos or come and sit with you,,,.even for a few hours...we will get in car and head that way). We are hear and praying!
ReplyDeleteShannon Hays