Sunday, June 27, 2010
Prayerfully Blessed
Today was such a sweet service for us at church. Our pastor, Scott Cagle, had Mark, Colette, & I come up front & welcomed those who wanted to lay hands on our sweet girl and pray over her. We are so blessed to be a part of a church that is so close to our Lord and believes in the power of prayer. It was very bittersweet for me and very emotional, as you can imagine. I realize how close the surgery is but have a peace about it all, especially after today. We have so many people praying for Lettie & our family that I know without a doubt that God's hands are all over this situation. We are currently in Nashville and are headed for a stealth MRI in the morning around 1:30pm. Our dogs & house are being well cared for while we're here. I just hope Schotzy is still kickin when we get back... he's 20yr. old, blind, deaf, and wears diapers! For those of you wondering what he is, he's our dog that Mark has had FOREVER! He just sleeps & roams around the house & we change his diapers( size 3 LUVS if you're wondering). Lettie had a really bad seizure on the way here today so hopefully we only have one more day of those stickin seizures left. God will work miracles with her I know. Please continue to pray for our family to have continued faith & peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're praying girl! Btw, I LOVE that you mentioned Schotzy. I nearly sent you a text last night as comic relief...Ella was telling Brian how she helped to change Nora's diaper and from the other room Kate yells "Cooper's doggie wears diapers". So random and so matter-of-fact!
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine, Melissa Cox, posted a link to your blog on my facebook page and asked for prayer for your precious girl. I am so, so happy to join you in going before the throne of the Almighty Healer asking Him to stretch His hand out over sweet Colette. We believe God's word to be absolute truth and believe in Him saying, in Matthew 19:26, that with man, surely a healing is impossible, but with our mighty God.. ALL THINGS are possible! I stand with you!
Dear Mark and family,
ReplyDeleteYou may or may not remember me,but my name is Donna (Blevins) Lynn. I remember camping during the summer at Indian Boundary with you and your family. I go to church with your uncle and aunt, Larry and Carolyn Britton. I cant imagine what your hearts are going through. Know that my husband, Kevin and I will be praying for your little girl and for both of you. Also, know that all of Maple Springs Baptist Church will be praying for Colette and your family. Our GOD is a great GOD!!!
Know that we love you and that GOD loves you!!!
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Your friend,
Donna Lynn
Mark and Summer,
ReplyDeleteThroughout the coming days and weeks, I hope it comforts you to know that your NorthStar family is lifting you up before the Great Physician.I put a post on facebook requesting prayer for Lettie. Melissa Weber saw it and wanted me to relay to you how much she loves you guys and that they are praying for all of you in Nicaragua too. Take care and keep the faith. Standing with you, in Him.
How awesome to see the body at work yesterday as the church body prayed for you all. I'd say 100's of people came up to lay hands and pray yesterday during the service. It literally brought tears to my eyes and still gives me the chills just thinking about it.
ReplyDelete