Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One week & counting!

Well today marks one week until Lettie's surgery. Next Tue. we have to be at the hospital at 5:30am & surgery starts at 7:30. I'm taking the kids to get their pictures made tomorrow. I thought this would be good to do before her surgery & the fact that she'll be 2 on Thur. Hard to believe it's already been two years & especially hard to believe it's been 17months since we've been dealing with her seizures. Some good news to report is that we saw Lettie's rehab doctor today and she was impressed with how she's doing. In the past two weeks, Lettie has gone from laying on her back to sitting independently about 4 or 5 times which is HUGE for us. Dr. Weinstein told me that kids who can get to sitting independently will learn how to walk. I'm praying she's right cause that would be awesome for us, granted it may take us years to get there but just to know we have that possibilily is a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Summer,

    We are praying for you and your family every day! When Jonathan was little, you told me once that God gives special children to special parents. I have never forgotten that and now that comes to my mind when I think about you and your beautiful little Colette. God will bring her through this just as he has brought little J through all of his stuff. We have strong kids in our family, just remember that!! We love you guys!!

    If you need anything at all, just let me know.

    Love,
    Jonathan, Stacey, Jonathan and Elin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met you directly. But my hubby is a patient of Mark's and we go to Northstar. Anyway Gretta Gentry fwded your blog to our small grp so we can pray for your family. What an honor ot pray for you all. I have loved reading all your posts and sorta get to know you. I hsd to say isn't Dr. Weinstien a HOOT! She is my son's phsyitritst too. ( did I spell it right?) Anyway where does Lettie get therapy at? We have been down that road before. Just wondered. Anyway. If I see you in person I will introduce myself. My kids are Easton (5) and Makenlee (3). God Bless!

    ReplyDelete