Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Prayer is not to be underestimated...EVER!



Just a quick update for today so far...we went for our post-op MRI & bless her soul, she vomited so much when we got downstairs.This is actually normal, her body is trying to rid itself of all the anesthesia from the surgery yesterday. The staff here is so wonderful to us. One of the anesthesiologist said to us prior to the MRI, "It so tough to be parents." That is the statement of the day. Her swelling has increased today, but that was expected, and she has some bruising over her eye. The dr. said the swelling would get worse 72hr. post-op. She has been a little more alert today than yesterday but still not at her baseline. We still have no movement from her left side, but once again, we expected this. Tomorrow rehab will come evaluate her and possibly start some therapy. We are requesting they just continue to give her morphine to help her rest. I wanted to end on a positive note & prove that prayer is not be underestimated! Her MRI looked good, her urine output is back to normal, & her temp. has gone down. She looks a little worse with the swelling & bruising but we are proof that prayer works! I praise our God that he is understanding & never fails us! Tonight may be difficult again because it's always quieter & lonelier at night, but guess what, I know it will be ok & we will make it to tomorrow! I once again say thank you to our family & friends for your continued prayers & support. Today has proven that our God is greater, our God is better, and He will never leave us. I guess satan is pretty disappointed today....too bad!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, We were at church and I asked Sarah if she had heard anything. I will keep praying for peace and strength for you all. God Bless, Melissa Cox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God for each and every little positive piece of the process! Remain steadfast in the Lord-your faith is such a testimony to those around you!! Much Love-
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart holds you tonight. I just feel God's presence even in the pictures of Colette. I can't wait to get busy working with her again. Climb into the lap of God and rest in his strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer and Mark I hurt so much for you both as parents, but God never gives more than we can handle. Your faith is a testimony to me. This has made me get even closer to our Father. Thank you so much for the updates. We love you and are praying for you. Mark's cousin Tami is in Haiti and wants u to know there are prayers going up from Haiti, and my husband has asked his mother to pray from Guatemala. Our God Is SO AWESOME! So strong and so mighty, there's nothing that He can not do! Stacy Britton

    ReplyDelete