Monday, June 28, 2010

First MRI completed





Well we just made back to our hotel room and our first MRI is over and it went well. We ate at the Pancake Pantry this morning, which was wonderful. Jack had his usual bacon, bacon, and more bacon! I got a few pics of Jack & Coop pretending to be a dinosaur & a meerkat...I'll let you decide who's who. Lettie was great, as usual, during her pre-op testing. The neurosurgery resident came in to put her fiducial markers on her head(they look like certs). He had to shave some random spots on her head to glue these on. This was her first "haircut" so I got to video it and they gave me the hair. These markers are glued on her head and will stay on for surgery. I'm assuming they will come off the day after because she has an MRI the day after surgery as well. Well, day one is down for the count. Tomorrow is the biggie! We have to be at the hospital at 6am and surgery is supposed to start at 7:30am. Pray all goes well and we remain strong in our faith! Lettie is such a trooper. God knew she could handle this better than any of us could. I will post as much as I can throughout the surgery tomorrow to keep everyone updated on her progress.

7 comments:

  1. You are doing great with your blogging..I will anxiously await tomorrows posts.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer and Mark,
    I just wanted to let you know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well for Lettie tom. I know she's in great hands, not only with the doctors there at Vandy but most of all God. Dr. Blevins and I will be checking the blog to see how she's doing. Let us know if we can do anything for you. We love you guys. Candi and Dr. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to know that I am praying for Lettie's surgery tomorrow. I'm Laura Smith's sister and she passed on your blog to me! Praying that God will give you the strength you need to make it through tomorrow and the grace you need to persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been on my heart and in my prayers non stop since I was "introduced' to your family this morning. Just in case you havent heard this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p2yqWFlg60
    Healing is in your Hands by Christy nockels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our prayers, thoughts, love & strength are with you all today!!! God is with you & Colette today and he is your strength!! You guys are such an awesome family w/ so much love for others & I hope you can feel all the love now coming back to you from all your friends & family! Today is going to be an awesome new start for Colette & all of you as a family! Summer & Mark, God will take care of you & Colette today! You are his precious family! Love & prayers to u all & I told Lisa to give u all big hugs from us today! Stay strong Brittons! Love, Tammi, Adam & the girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark & Summer,

    Your Cornerstone family is in vigilant prayer for your precious Lettie bug and you guys, especially today. Healing, peace, people who are literally the hugs of Jesus all over you guys. The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He takes great pleasure in you. He will quite you with His love. He rejoices over you with singing. PRAISE HIM as we Give God ALL of the Glory. WE so love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We added little miss Colette to the prayer chain at Glenlock Baptist this morning.

    ReplyDelete