Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Long night in PCCU



Lettie is resting right now; however, she has had a long night as I'm sure is to be expected with this surgery. She hasn't really been completely awake yet. She just opens her eyes briefly & never really focuses on us. I can tell she is very uncomfortable. Her throat is sore & she cries when she coughs. Her left arm & foot haven't moved at all yet but once she moved her left leg from her hip joint. Around 3am the nurse had to put a NG(naso-gastric) tube in because we can't get her swallow any liquids and the NG tube was the only way to get her seizure meds in her. She has gagged several times but only vomited once, which was painful for her. We have a great team of nurses & doctors checking in on her. My big prayer requests for today is that her MRI goes well, her pain subsides some, & her urine output decreases. During surgery they had to give her lots of fluids & now her body is having trouble regulating her fluid output so in other words, she's peeing way too much and not retaining the fluid her body needs. She is on a hormone replacement for this & the doctor said this should get better, but could be permanent. Thanks again for all the prayers & please continue to do so. I struggled a lot last night with what we've have done. Looking at my child in this state, I questioned our decision a lot. She looks so pitiful; however, I know we did all we could prior to this to stop her seizures and nothing worked. She couldn't go on like she was, seizing everyday. I came to the conclusion, with the help of my friends Sarah and Laura Smith, that this was no other than the work of satan attacking me at my weakest point. He knows how many people are praying for us and how close this has brought many to God and he is so jealous! Please help us continue to pray & prove to him that our God is greater, our God is better, and nothing can keep us from Him!

20 comments:

  1. Lord, you planned, designed, and breathed life into this little one, Collette Britton. Please overwhelm her with you angelic guard, fill her with your healing, eternal power. I pray that you are doing miracles for this little girl, that your perfect will for her will be done, and you will be glorified through her. Strengthen the faith of her parents. Increase their spiritual authority to stand against the enemy as they stand on You, Your promises in Your Word, the Word of Life. Give them supernatural peace, Lord, the peace of a Father who understands bearing the pain of your own child, that they may fully TRUST you with their precious daughter, and that you will hold them, too, in their weakness and utter helplessness. Parent and shepard this family, Lord, that you have made for yourself, that you LOVE with a never ending Love, a love more fierce than death itself. In the great mercy of the Lamb of God, Christ our Lord. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not stop praying and will countine. Satan will not win. God is victourious. I pray peace, comfort and healing on sweet Lettie. Stand firm. Thank you so much for all the updates. It lets everyone know how to specifically pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LAURA AND SARAH ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. You must know you made this decision because this is what God had planned for you and your family. You need to rejoice in the success of Lettie's surgery and know that she will make it through this. Recovery is a long hard process for anyone but especially for a little one. As a mother it is hard to watch as any of our children suffer. Just be strong in your faith and let God take care of Lettie...she is in his hands and he will take care of her...and you! We love you and support you and Mark. Lisa and Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be strong, Summer. God led you to your decision and he will not leave you here in a tough spot. I never told you about my good friend, Russ who had a brain tumor removed 2 years ago (he was 30)and his recovery. He was in tremendous pain just from the nature of opening up the skull and length of surgery and he wondered if the pain would ever go away, but it did within a couple of weeks. You are going to get your Lettie back soon better than ever! Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Isaiah 41:10) Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
    Mark and Summer be stong! The devil is wicked and how dare he attack you during this time but that is him. The Lord has been with you and he will continue to be with you all!! Still praying for your little lettie!!
    Robert, jada, taylor and maddie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul and Theresa BardwellJune 30, 2010 at 9:15 AM

    Praying for you all!!!-the Bardwell Clan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wes & Hayley IsbillJune 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM

    Summer--I received this link through email and just want you to know we have all been praying so very hard for Colette and your entire family. We are praying for you to remain strong and have peace of mind about your decision and for Colette to continue to be the brave trooper that she is. I have no doubt that God is guiding every step of this process that you are going through and He will continue to lead you during this time of uncertainty. The faith you and Mark have will pull you through. I hope Colette has a better day today and we will be checking for your updates often! All our love to each of you-- Wes & Hayley Isbill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stand firm in the knowledge that God has lead you every step of the way to do what He would have you do for Colette, Summer... no word of man or the enemy against His has any bearing or weight... He Is Glorified and Honored!!!

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you, your precious family, and Lettie lifted up in prayer~ Prayer without ceasing! Believing and trusting for you all! Just know, when He orders your steps you never know where His Holy Spirit will lead, but you know it's where you need to be. I remember reading Corie Ten Boom's book and her reference to her circumstances at one point: she thought at times life resembled the backside of a tapestry, a haphazard display of strings....sort of unremarkable. But she knew God saw it from the other side: a beautiful work of art, with every stitch exactly in its place. When tested and doubt creeps around I recall that passage in her book and remember His ways are so beyond us, and so perfect...even when they seem imperfect. We love HIM and you all! I can't tell you how much it has meant to pray for you this week. I have 'needed' to pray for you....God is so good, all the time! I am so thankful for your family and the testimony He has already given to so many through your lives!!! You are courageous and full of His grace. I see Him in all of you. Many blessings and prayers of love and belief!
    Love,
    Michelle Lyons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer & Mark,
    You are amazing parents in every sense. Lettie is a blessed child and her story has changed lives and will continue to do just that. We're praying for your peace and Lettie's comfort and quick recovery. Thank you for the specific prayer requests that keep us focused and for the updates. Children have an innate inner strength and resiliency that I don't think any of us fully understand and she will prove to all of us the power of Faith and Grace. I have faith this is a bright new beginning for the Brittons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer,

    My prayers are with Colette and your family. You know that you made the right decision. Everyday you will see that God has answered your prayers. Give Colette a hug and we love her.

    Love,

    P & P

    ReplyDelete
  12. My precious children, you made the right decision! You sought me and found me; my promises are TRUE; I love you with my uncondtional love and hold you my palm. I will NEVER leave or foresake you; Continue to Trust Me; My love NEVER fails....your Father

    ReplyDelete
  13. May the Lord's supernatural peace and comfort uphold you, Dr. Britton and Lettie. We all Praise His Name for His wonderful goodness in your life. Your precious family is being prayed for moment by moment....REST in His arms. Our love...Pam and Richard

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, you made the right decision it was really the only choice you had ,do not question or look back God be with you and your little girl everyone here in Happy Valley is praying for her and your family
    Jean Blevins

    ReplyDelete
  15. Summer, don't second guess your decision at all. You and Mark have been in prayer about this for months and God took you by the hand and led you to this place. "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27 You have listened and followed. I am praying on your behalf that God bind Satan from these lies. Greta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer, you and Mark have been so loving in demostrating your faith during this time. She is so blessed to have you for her parents and you have done the absolute best that you could by placing her in our Father's hands.

    "And the peace of God, which trandscends all undestanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." phil. 4:7

    ReplyDelete
  17. I work with Mary at Chota and have had you all on my mind. I have prayed and prayed for your baby girl as everyone here is doing. She is so precious and know that everything we do is always in the best interest of our kids. a loving parent can never do wrong by their child. She will be fine.Her family will get her through. Bless you all. Melissa Coffelt

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cried and cried when i saw these pictures, I'm so glad that the surgery went well. I have been praying for Colette and both of you that God will give you peace with your decision and that he will be with Colette during this difficult time and Know that God is always in control. We will keep you in our prayers let us know if you guys need anything.
    Valorie Fortuna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wept today as I heard his song and my heart echoed all of this for you...

    Healing is in your hands

    How high, how wide
    No matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
    How deep, How strong,
    And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands

    Our present, our future, our past is in Your hands
    We're covered by Your blood
    We're covered by Your blood

    How high, How wide
    no matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
    How deep, How strong
    And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands

    You can hear on this link. My new favorite song!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sG94EKGDcU&feature=related

    Praise God for His deep deep love and the healing, peace and wholeness He holds in His hands for all of you!
    Love you guys and praying...Brian, Laura and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  20. Summer, I don't know if Sara told you that my son went through a very extensive brain surgery at age 13. It was a 13 hour surgery. I completely get what you are going through. I read on one of your earlier posts before the surgery where you stated you had such a peace about the surgery, I have to tell you that is exactly how we felt. I read your blogs and all the exact memories and all the emotions come flooding back, but I look at my son now, age 22, and he is a strong man finishing school and planning his wedding. He's proof of the miracles of God! Please call me if you feel the need to talk or just need prayer and know that we are all lifting you and your family up in prayer daily! Love you guys! Barbie Huff

    ReplyDelete