Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6 days & counting...

Well yesterday afternoon my friend, Lisa, and I headed to Nashville to give blood for Lettie's surgery. She has to have a blood transfusion during or after surgery and she has to have 2 units. The Red Cross only allows each person to give one unit so Lisa is a match as well and offered up a bag of her blood for Lettie. It's so awesome to have wonderful friends like that who will literally give you their blood! All joking aside though, Lisa is like the sister I never had. Our families are so close & I love them so much. They would do anything for our family & I would do the same for them. Jack & Coop start to have anxiety attacks when we haven't seen Lily or Gracie in over 24hr. I had never given before but it was pretty uneventful.. my arms just a little sore today but nothing to complain about. The Red Cross had some nice beverages & snacks available afterward...much better than just a cookie & juice that I had read about. Actually, Lisa and I weren't that hungry since we stopped at The Cheesecake Factory right before we donated. I Love that place! I have emailed them twice about putting one in Knoxville, but no luck so far. That's usually our treat went when go to Vandy for an appointment. Well, Lettie & I are just gonna have a little bonding time cause Coop went home with Mammaw & Pappaw and Jack & Mark are at church tonight taking part in our church's version of Survivor. Mark is "Jeff Probst" and loves it! If you follow facebook, look on northstar church's wall & watch Mark's video to promote Survivor. It's hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment