Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Now in PCCU (pediatric critical care unit)






We've made it the PCCU where we will be camped out for 2-3dy. I've posted some pics of Lettie early this morning prior to her surgery & then some after surgery. The post-op pics are overwhelming to me. It was very hard for Mark & I to see Lettie like this at first but I pray,pray,pray we made the right decision for our baby. Her incision is pretty long & kind of in the shape of a "T" along the right side of her head. She has many,many sutures but I expected that. Mark got very overwhelmed when he first saw her & almost had to leave the room. I am having more trouble tonight than I did today in the waiting room. I'm very worried about her recovery. She is still very sleepy & hasn't really woke up much and when she does she can barely open her eyes and just moans or whines. It sounds terrible because her throat is really sore from intubation during surgery today. She goes for a post-op MRI in the morning & hopefully that will be the last of the MRIs for awhile. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. God has been so good to us & I know he will continue to bless us. My faith remains strong in our Father.

4 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you that Lettie came through the surgery successfully! Glory to God! I cried reading your words. The enemy is going to try to steal the joy of the successful surgery any way he can. Remember the steadfast love of the Lord!!!! I pray the Lord will lift your eyes to Him when you don't feel the strength to lift them yourself. I pray, that in Jesus name, the enemy would be bound from you and your husband's hearts and thoughts in the upcoming days. Your faithfulness is a huge testimony and will impact lives for His kingdom. Take comfort in Isaiah 43:2
    When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will NOT sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
    I pray that tonight you all will lie down and sleep in peace and rest in the safety of the Lord. (Ps 4:8) I pray the Lord would send mighty protection around you and that you would feel enclosed in a fortress of peace, comfort and HOPE. I am praying that God would stretch out his hand over Lettie to heal, according to the glorious power of His resurrected blood and perform miraculous signs and wonders in the name of Jesus (act 4:30). I will continue to lift you and your husband up and you wait and pray and will be lifting Lettie up to the Healer who calls things that are not as though they were! Praying He calls her brain to LIFE abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars! We are praying for her quick and total recovery and that God would be so greatly glorified as we KNOW He will!
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and Summer,
    I will continue to pray, now for a speedy recovery. Don't question your decision. I truly feel you made the right one. Take care, and once again thank you for allowing all of us to share in this journey through your blog. Candi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post-op pictures were overwhelming to me. I can not even imagine the heartache that you and Mark experienced seeing her post-op and watching your precious child suffer through this recovery period. But, that is what it is... recovery! The days and weeks ahead will be difficult, but please remember that there are so many who love you all and are lifting you up to the King of Kings. He will be honored by your faithfulness and glorified in Lettie's healing!

    ReplyDelete