Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kind of a "Tornado"





Well yesterday was very eventful for us.I'm just getting to fill everyone in because we were out of power for almost 24hr. Around 3pm we had an afternoon "pop-up" storm that brought winds over 100mph through our neighborhood. We we're inside working with Lettie's early intervention teacher, Ms. Nancy. We looked out in the backyard as my outdoor furniture barely hung on & trees touched the ground...literally! We didn't realize the magnitude of damage until we went out front & saw how many trees were down not only in our yard but practically every house around. When I say "trees down" I'm talking about 50-60 year old trees that are 4-10 feet in diameter & up to 70 feet tall. We lost a really big & beautiful silver maple that really made our front yard so wonderful. The tree company has been cutting what was left down & cleaning up the fallen brush ALL day. We're just glad no one was hurt & very grateful to have our power back on. I had to heat Lettie's oatmeal & milk this morning in a tin camping mug over a candle! She won't eat or drink anything unless it is warm so I pulled a McGuyver move this morning. I really hope things start to calm down for us real soon. I told Mark the other night that I bet people like to be friends with us cause it makes their lives seem so "normal." I bet they say, "thank goodness we're not the Brittons, remember when"... Mark got a kidney stone, Mark had surgery, Lettie got sick, Mark got strep, trees fell in their front yard, Lettie had to have surgery, Coop started talking and never stopped...the list goes on & on. I'm starting to get a little embarrassed to tell what goes on in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment