Sunday, August 15, 2010

We're Baaaaack!





Ok, so I know it's been a day or two since I blogged but I'm sure you can figure out why...We're finally home and it's been so awesome. I can best describe it as going on vacation and staying at a really nice condo or house and being so excited to stay there for the week. That's what it felt like for me walking into my house on Thursday. I've not really caught up on sleep yet, but hopefully I will soon. Last night Lettie slept all night and that was great! It has just been so good to be in our own space and getting back into the swing of things. My mom came over yesterday and stayed with Lettie while Mark & I got to swim with Jack & Coop. I haven't really got to enjoy our pool this summer, so it was fun to just hang out with them. Mark & I then went on a date night- dinner, a trip to Target(love that place) and the movies. That was so much fun. I love my Turkey Creek; everything I need and no Atlanta traffic!
Today was a blessing! We went to church and wore our Lettie bug shirts and tons of people at church had them on as well. How cool is it to see our entire worship band decked out in Lettie bug shirts? Pretty cool! This morning Jack graduated from the preschool class to the children's ministry which was so sweet and all the kids wore a cap & gown and got "diplomas" from Pastor Scott. Sarah, our preschool director, did such an outstanding job on it. Our family went up front and I gave an update on Lettie and thanked our church family for their support and continuous prayers. That right there is one of those miracles God has done through Lettie, me speaking to the congregation, cause let me tell you, I do not like public speaking at all, but I felt led to do it and God gave me the strength to do it, and it wasn't really that bad at all. It felt so good to be at church and get loved on by our friends and church family. We continue to ask for your diligent prayers for Lettie. She is STILL not eating! She drinks and gets her meds through her bottle, but the kid will not eat. It's like a steel wall trying to get a spoon in her mouth. She acts ok though, not like she's weak so I guess God is providing for her needs. Please pray for feeding, functional movement on the left side, and no seizures. Today made 4 weeks since she has had a seizure-can I get an AMEN on that! She continues to wake very startled at times but no seizures, so that is awesome. I got some cute pics of Lettie's homecoming signs Gigi had made for her and some in an adorable dress that Dr. Jamie Williams and his wife sent to Lettie. She wore it to church this morning and is so precious and check out the bloomers as well! We want to thank them so much for the dress and I also want to thank the ladies at MOPS, my hair salon, for treating me to a much needed cut and highlights yesterday. God has put such sweet and giving people into our lives and words don't do justice how grateful we are. Thanks for your continued prayers and support. Jack heads back to school Tuesday (YUCK !) and we head back to therapy Wednesday. Our new schedule has us in Oak Ridge Tuesday- Friday, but I take Lettie Tue./ Thur., Mary & Paul go on Wed. & every other Friday so it's not gonna be so bad. You gotta do what you gotta do for your kiddos and I'm sure not gonna complain cause at least I get to come back home everyday and be with my family. There's just no place like home!

19 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!!!! Have been thinking about you alot. So glad Lettie is adjusting well!!! Praying for no seizures, movement on left side, and a big, hearty appetite. Lettie and your family are in our hearts and prayers!!!! Good luck on your first day of school, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad you guys made it home safely! And by that smile on your face I can see that you are too! Lettie looks great! Praying that she lets go of that teeth grip for you so you can get some food in that belly! I will say a AMEN to the no seizures and the Target trip!! Lovin the lady bug dress! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited for y'all to finally be home! Its gotta feel great to sleep in your own bed! I bet Lettie's so glad to be in her own bed too! We will continue to pray for Lettie & your family. Praying great progress each week,no seizures & improvements in appetite & feeding for Lettie. Summer I'm praying for the Lord to multiply your rest,strenghten you daily & encourage you. I think sharing @ church today is just the beginning of how God's going to use you to minister & encourage others! Praying for Blessings for sweet Lettie & you & your family,Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer, You look so happy like so much of the stress and strain has dropped away. It has anawered a special prayer I've been saying for you as a fellow mother who has ben thrpough the long surgurgury, hospital stay, and rehab stent. Something our
    Pediatrition tried for our kids was a formula I has to get from a Pharacy .utramigen But it is Hypo alogenic soy free, milk-fee, partially digested. And the BEST psart is it comes in either 20 or 22 calories per oz. where most formula will be 20 for most kids and preemies get a 24 cal. one its usually milk or soy based its just something to ask your docter. Dr.s used tp dealing with older kids may not be as fam. w it. anyway its worth a try. Lily stayed out of the hospital simply by changing this b/c it was her metabolism was so high hewr body was processing it so fast .They told me adding extra powder to make formula stronger or less or more to make it weaker would not make a difference when u r eighing at that level anyway it may help. we are still following you closelly and are very sad to hear that a fundraiser may have to wait quite some time . Maybe some of us can get one togeter sooner.Still sayin lots of little prayers. Adrianne Lacey. Love , The Laceys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer, you , Lettie and your family are still in my heart and my prayers. I am still praying for Lettie's miracle from God. Jesus I trust in you! Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE ARE PRASINIG OUR LORD FOR YOUR SAFE ARRIVAL!!! I AM SOOO GLAD YOU ARE HOME WITH ALL YOUR BABIES!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO ANYTHING..CLEAN, WASH CLOTHES..I REALLY MEAN IT!! I HAVE MADDIE IN DAYCARE FULLTIME AND I AM SUBBING WHEN I AM CALLED SO I DO HAVE FREE DAYS!!! I PRAY THE LORD CONTINUES TO WORK HIS MIRACLE IN LETTIE!!

    GOD BLESS, ROBERT, JADA, TAYLOR AND MADDIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. We normally go to 1st service but I had to come back for something for 2nd service. I was overcome with emotion as I walked in and saw a sea of red and Lettie Bug shirts. HOW AWESOME is that. So glad you are home. We will keep praying for a smooth transition and therapy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PRAISE THE LORD!! OUR GOD IS SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMEN!!!! praying....patti brown, knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look so good I can't get over it. You are all in my prayers, makes me feel good to see you smiling.Still praying

    ReplyDelete
  11. This update warms my heart! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMEN & AMEN!!! Praising God & continued prayers. There's no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallelujah, thank you Jesus for such a happy report. We pray for Lettie and the entire family every night, and will continue to do so. We haven't ever met but our family loves you all dearly. How great is our God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanking God for your wonderful news about being home. Although our families have never met, my family always remember Lettie and your family in our daily prayers. We will continue to pray for good feedings and no seizures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been following your blog since it started as a friend of mine invited me to join the group on facebook. I pray for this precious girl and your family very often and am just so happy that you guys are home. What an awesome God we serve!!! I am also a children and family photographer and would like to offer you a free session for you and your family as well as the prints at my price. I saw this dress and bloomers and just thought how awesome it would be for you to have some portraits done in the outfit for memories. Please contact me at my email at mcwitt@tds.net. Also, I have a page on fb for my photography that I will send a link to on the group page so that you can view my work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can say a great big "AMEN" to no seizures! That's something worthy of God's praise!! I'm so glad you all are back home and able to spend quality time together in a relaxing atmosphere. It is near impossible to relax in a hospital. Being in her own home in familiar surroundings may be just the therapy little Lettie Bug needs. I'll continue to pray for feeding , functional movement on the left side and NO SEIZURES!! LOVE THAT BABY!!! Dianne Rider

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's me again but one thing I fail to mention was the pictures. They are so precious and adorable. I love looking at them and seeing how she seems to be improving all along.
    And regarding your speech, Summer, from reading you post all this time I would have thought you were a professional Public Speaker! I've always enjoy reading your posts because you are so thorough and never seem lost for words. Keep up the good work. We love good updates on Lettie as well as updates on the rest of you!
    Dianne Rider

    ReplyDelete
  18. Summer,
    So glad to see that Lettie is doing so well. I will continue to pray for her to start eating well again, for movement on her left side, as well as staying seizure-free! She looks adorable in her new dress and bloomers. I know she must be so glad to be back home with her entire family, as you are. Keep us posted on Lettie. Have a great week and get some rest. God is taking such good care of Lettie.
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home!!!! So happy for you to be back in your comfort zone! Praise God for no seizures! That is incredible. If you would like someone to sit with Lettie while you & Mark sit in church, I'd be happy to! I can work with her some during that time- every little bit help you know :) Just a little stimulation during church time! Hope you all have a great first day of school and get back into a good routine! Praying!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete