Well, we didn't start therapy on Wednesday as planned because I forgot we needed to change the new frequency on our TEIS ( early intervention) paperwork so we started back today. Lettie had an hour of speech and then an hour of OT. She was out by about half way through OT though. I'm gonna have to work on our nap schedule on Fridays so she doesn't get too sleepy at therapy. It felt so good to be back at Methodist and see our therapists. It felt like home again! She did pretty good in speech. She ate some puffs and vanilla ice cream with a vibrating spoon! She hates cold stuff but did well with it. We are still struggling at home with feeding her but she doesn't seem weak. She is drinking her bottle good and eating a few more bites of food. I think she just needs some time and prayer. The movement on the left side is still sporadic but I hope with time it will become more functional. She still cannot sit up on her own secondary to the left side weakness.
Next week is gonna be a little crazy, but manageable. Monday I have to take Lettie to Children's for a kidney test since she has had 2 UTIs back to back we want to confirm this last one is cleared up and her kidneys are functioning properly. Pray that this test goes ok. We also have an appt. with our rehab doctor, Dr. Weinstein, Monday afternoon. It will be good to hear her thoughts on Lettie's physical prognosis and any ideas to help us regain left side function.
Jack is liking school better and better each day. He really likes his teacher and that is great! Cooper starts back on Tuesday. We met her teacher yesterday and most of the kids in her class were at open house. She has 18 in her class and I pray this will be a good year for her. Last year she had a few behavior issues when things didn't go her way so I hope this year is easier. But nothing is ever really easy with Coop! Love her though.
We're hoping to finally get our house back into presentable shape this weekend. I still haven't got everything put away and organized since I've been back. It will be great to get everything in it's right place...I'm sure it won't stay there for long, but at least I know I've tried. I have some cute pics of the kids hanging out and just enjoying each other.My mom got Lettie this little motorized car that we can steer for her and she got in it tonight for the first time. It was so cute. We tried so hard to get her to smile, but no luck. She did however decide to relax her right foot on the windshield! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but life seems to be a little busier here than it was in rehab! Still glad to be home though!
Great pics! Continue to pray for Lettie daily. So glad y'all are home! Lisa C
ReplyDeleteSummer please know we are all still praying for your little girl even when you are too busy to post. My life has been pretty busy too trying to get kids back to school. Thank you for posting these cute pictures. My prayer for Lettie is that she will thrive in her home environment surrounded by the people that love her the most. You are so blessed to have a wonderful family and a strong faith. You are also a blessing to your family and to all of us who have been touched by your faith in Jesus. Thank you. I am still praying for Lettie's miracle! Jesus I trust in You! Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteHey Summer,
ReplyDeleteThe pictures of Lettie and the other kids are adorable. She looks so good! I will continue to pray for Lettie's appetite to return as well as movement on her left side. Also will pray that her kidney test will come back fine. Have a great weekend with your family.
Valerie Allen
Even though it's still hectic I'm sure it is so comforting to be home. Like Karen said we are still praying even though you can't post every day. God has laid your family on the hearts of many... even those you don't know... and we're still praying. The Whitakers
ReplyDeleteSummer, our prayers are just as strong as ever for Lettie to be healed and recover. Thank you for posting these adorable pics. We love you all & will always be Lettie's prayer warriors.
ReplyDeletepraying...Patti Brown
ReplyDeleteI am sure there is never a dull moment at your house and Jack and Coop are adjusting to everyone back under the same roof too! She looks soo good. I bet the ride over to Oak Ridge may lull her into being nappy too.... so glad to hear NO seizures!
ReplyDeleteWhen Daniel's kidneys were not functioning his urine was tea colored and there was some discoloring at knees and ankles w/ some swelling. I bet she her kidneys are fine...just wasn't taking in quite enough fluids and had been thru so much.
love the updates whenever u get to them. I will pray for a good Monday. We love Dr. W. She is the kookiest lady. But so brillant. My son sees her too.
ReplyDeleteSummer, thank you SO much for the card. We got it today and it just made my day! I have been thinking for the past few days about something I want to share with you and everytime I post, I either forget or don't quite know what to say. I feel a stirring to somehow make sense of the jumbled mess of thoughts and translate it to words, so Ill just hope that the holy spirit makes sense of it for me. Last summer, before Ansley was born, my church (Fellowship) was doing a summer Beth Moore Bible study on Esther. I wanted to do it so badly and ended up not getting signed up in time. Ansley was to be born right smack in the middle of it, but I remember thinking.. 'Oh, newborns sleep a lot, I can just take her with me- no prob.' Well, the Lord obviously kept me from it at the time, bc we all know what happened when she was born. Anyway, I have wanted to do that study every since, and finally just thought - even though Im not gonna have the videos and the class stuff, I want that study- so I just went and got it. As I was filling in some of the day 1 questions it said ,"Beloved, what are you hoping for as you begin this bible study?" I seriously had no idea and I just kind of put my pen to the page. The holy spirit literally just revealed what HE wanted for me to gain in this study in my pen as I wrote (I didnt even really know what I was writing until I was writing it).He spoke my answer to me. I wrote , " Hoping for HOPE, for courage to face this waging war ahead STANDING STRONG - to not be weak, but to learn to approach God's throne w/ the boldness Esther approached the throne of her king pleading for her impossible miracle." She began the next paragraph like this.."Has a negative event or a near-eternal wait recently made you lose hope about something important to you? Do you have any natural reasons to think that whatever your "once upon a time" might have been, it can never be now?" I just began sobbing like a baby. All of the emotions just came at once, but I felt so much gratitude that the Lord was giving me this instrument to induce hope. He was giving me Esther and showing me that I can be her too!! That I can approach Him for these impossible miracles just as Esther prepared herself to approach her king. Beautiful the way He cares for us. The paragraph goes on to say,(" Remember the first words of Esther, "this is what happened during the time of Xerxes," and their similarity to "once upon a time" in the days.. I learned in my research that those Hebrew words wayhi bime occur five times in scripture. Brace yourself for a moment.
ReplyDeleteWithout exception all "introduce impending catastrophe or doom." Our first reaction may be the thought, Then who watns a great story? Forget once upon a time! But I'd like to suggest that the nature of life on planet earth swirls a certain air of impending catastrophe in every hospital nursery in the world. Stick with me here a moment bc this perspective could make you feel better instead of worse.Unless youve liced in a place Ive never found, with all your hearts desires met and without a soul who annoys you, Job was pretty accurate when he said "man born of woman is.. full of trouble" (job 14:1) ..life here is full of trouble whether in a sky high mtn of small annoyances or an earth-splitting canyon of crisis...But, heres the good news. I also learned that in all five occasions where those same Hebrew words were associated with impending catastrophe, "the ending to each story is happy, but before the happy ending is realized, much grief occurs." ..I think we know that part about much grief..when we trust our lives to the hand and pen of an unseen but ever present God, He will write our lives into His story and every last one of them will turn out to be a great read. With a grand ending. AND NOT JUST IN SPITE OF THOSE CATASTROPHES. OFTEN BECAUSE OF THEM." ) So, I would definately recommend Beth Moore's study on esther. I got the workbook for $14.95 at Cedar Springs. We can do this. It DOES NOT MATTER what doctor's tell us our girls' brains are capable of. What matters is that we serve a king who created them.. and HE SAYS what their brains are capable of. HE SAYS what gifts of life HE WILL GIVE. HE SAYS he is full of compassion and mercy (james 5:11). HE SAYS His power is UMLIMITED (number 11:23). HE SAYS, THAT THROUGH HIM, ALL THINGS -ALL THINGS- ARE POSSIBLE!!!! (MATT 19:26). Believe nothing else, Summer, because He speaks the truth. I know the tensions of needing to be at peace if He does not grant healing, I do, but He is pleased with standing up in faith and standing on His word. He created the tension just to draw you into Himself with every crippling fear and burst of joy. Love and prayers..
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written, Jordan! You and Summer seem to have so much in common with your precious girls that it would be great if you guys could do the Beth Moore Bible study together...even over the phone if need be.I am praying for both of these sweet babies, Lettie and Ansley.
ReplyDeleteValerie Allen