Coop starts school tomorrow and it marks the first day that everyone is either in school or therapy.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Testing went good
Lettie had her two kidney tests today. First she had a kidney & bladder ultrasound and then they catherized her for a bladder x-ray. She was a little upset during the x-ray but handled it well. Both tests looked normal which is an answered prayer. They were unable to catch enough urine for the urinalysis to make sure the UTI has cleared up so we're going to our pediatrician's office next Monday for another catheter to test for that. Bless her. Our appt. with our rehab doctor went well also. The doctor was glad to see her babbling and giving a few grins. She said Lettie's arm is still very weak and it will take patience and a lot of strengthening to get back to where we were prior to surgery. She said some of our foundations are still there and we're just back to square one and having to start all over. She did tell me she thought Lettie would walk, she doesn't know how it long it will take, maybe years, but at least we have a goal in front of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad to hear the testing went well and the encouraging words about Lettie walking. I pray it will happen sooner rather than later. I continue to pray for yours and Mark's strength and patience!
ReplyDeleteLaura P.
Great news Summer!! And great news about walking! I'm so happy Lettie is "babbling"-- made me cry. Love her heart. Praying for all of you. LeaAnne Dollar
ReplyDeletePraise God for the test results of the VCUG and renal ultrasound! I'm thrilled to hear that the Rehab. MD feels that Lettie will walk. Remember my dream, her 4 y.o. well child check rounding the corner to get a sticker since Nurse Candi had to give her a shot. It will happen, there is no stopping that little girl and God. I'll see you next Monday. Not looking forward to the procedure but very excited to see you guys again. Candi
ReplyDeleteSo glad for all the good news...still praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteValerie Allen
Summer, It is great to finally hear good news and so much in one day I've just read your last two posts.. Are you seeing Dr. Riden at Childrens he is wonderful and knows his limitations, when to send a child on to another dr.We are still praying for you daily I try to say an extra little prayer each day for you to have the strength to go through all you must, but a mother will for her child. Lily had her first full day of K today and Xander had hisfirst full day of Pre K tomorrow s olet us know if you need anything. I'm home most of the day now with no kids. We look forward to reading your blog everyday. We pray for you everyday!!!All nof you .THe Laceys ,Adrianne
ReplyDeleteSummer so glad Lettie is smiling & babbling! Praise the Lord! What music to your ears! Praying for her rehab-PT,OT,ST etc that she will make great strides each week & that God will multiply your endurance,patience & strength. I pray God will continue to surround you & Mark with people who will encourage you. Hope Jack's 1st week @ school is a good one! We haven't forgotten Lettie & we will continue to pray for y'all! Love,Lisa C
ReplyDeletePraying....Patti B.
ReplyDeleteI am sending up many prayers of Thanks for Lettie! Jesus I Trust in You!
ReplyDeleteKaren Carlson
Great to hear yesterday was a good day in many ways. I am sure her babbling is music to yours and Mark's ears for sure !
ReplyDeleteHope the days of not being confined to hospital setting and being at home has given you some rest and re-grouping.
We look forward to more great updates!
Praying for you guys every day! We saw Dr. Weinstein for a while after my daughter was born! Her urologist is Dr. Preston Smith and has literally followed us since day 1! He is amazing! Who are you guys seeing? My daughter had TEIS for almost 2 years! What a great thing to have! It seems like we have such similarities! Glad to see you're settling in at home! Thinking of you all!
ReplyDeleteSummer,
ReplyDeleteAwesome news on Lettie's test results and such encouraging news from the Dr as well! Hope Jack is adjusting back to the school routine well and Coop has an awesome first day.
We got your package for Emma on yesterday, her Birthday! Super sweet of you guys. We were already recording Emma as soon as we got it.
Hope you guys have a great night!
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
ReplyDeletePhew. So hard to live those words out sometimes, but Joshua is a good reminder that the Lord has already won our battles. He has gone before us- even before we knew they were coming- to win.. in victory for us. He will always win the battle because He promises to deliver the righteous (Psalm 34).
So, so thankful for good news from your various appts. I, too, fully believe Lettie will walk, run and play right along with Jack and Cooper. God is not bound to 'developmental charts and standards' for when things should happen. He will command her to have LIFE in His time and give you the strength and endurance to wait and persist in prayers and pleas. (Be the persistent widow!! Luke 18) Acts 3:6-10 "..In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, WALK. Taking (Lettie) by the right hand, he helped (her) up, and instantly (Letties) feet and ankles became strong. (She) jumped to her feet and began to walk. Then (she) went into the temply courts, WALKING and JUMPING, and PRAISING GOD.. and they were filled with wonder and amazedment of what had happened to (her)." I also want to pray for your marriage today. I know sometimes under the stress and burden of everything, the enemy will pit Rob and I against each other in our attempts to help each other. Satan tries to destroy our marriages anyway, but especially when you and Mark are taking such a strong, public stand for the glory of the Lord. You and Mark are so powerful in prayer as husband and wife, and the more you take a stand, the stronger you opposition will become. An excerpt from "Love & War" by John and Stasi Eldredge (amaaazing book btw on marriage) ("Remember, in the spiritual realm, you are seen as one. When husband and wife stand together, demons shudder. Remember also that Adam and Eve were given authority over the earth (Gen 1:26). So the two you exercise authority over your "realm", your little kingdom- that includes your marriage, your home, and your children among many other things. .God the Father then gave to him (Jesus) all authority in heaven and on earth (matt28:18).. And then, God included you in the authority of Jesus Christ (Eph 2:6)..so when husband and wife stand together, they wield a great deal of power and authority.") Lord Jesus, I lift up Summer and Mark's marriage to you asking for protection. The enemy does not like the stand they are taking -united together- for your kingdom. I pray Lord that you would reveal to them the beauty and the fullness of the power they have in prayer together for their "realm". I pray that you would turn your favor to their prayers grant their requests for sweet Lettie. Jesus, bring protection around their hearts and multiply their love for each other. I pray that the enemy would be bound, In Jesus' holy name, against attacking their hearts to try to pin them against each other in times of struggle. I pray you would give them strength when the other is weak and that you would filter your love to them through the comfort of each other. I pray that their hearts would be full of grace for each other in the times of burden or pain. Bring them through this battle stronger and more in love than ever. Display your great love to them, Jesus. Amen.
Just have to say thanks to Jordan (whom I don't know but am always encouraged through) for the wonderful and uplifting prayer and scripture!
ReplyDeleteWow! Thank you Jesus for the amazing report. We don't need the doctors to tell us Lettie will walk, because we know you are the one in control! It is so great to know that a dr believes it as well! Summer, we're still praying for you guys everyday! We miss you all and just hope everything will even out and become a routine for you soon with getting to the schools and appts everyday. So glad to hear about the smiles!!! Go Lettie Bug Go! Hang in there! Love you guys, Juli
Summer, that is all such wonderful news! I am so glad to hear that you all are settling back in. And don't worry about the house, it's probably cleaner than mine and I have been home!! :) Praise God that Lettie's tests are going well! And if you need help cleaning just let me know, I'm not great at it but I'm always there to help if you need me. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteJonathan, Stacey, Jonathan & Elin