Friday, August 6, 2010

Daddy's back!

Mark made it back this afternoon and was so excited to see Lettie. She did good today in the therapy sessions she stayed awake in! We're having trouble getting her on a good nap schedule so it makes it hard to keep her awake during some of the sessions. I broke the news to the doctors this morning regarding the keto diet and they were very understanding. We're going to wean off slowly and should be back on normal food in about 3 weeks. Pray we do not see any seizure activity as we wean off this diet! Two other prayer requests for today are that her urine is showing signs of another UTI and the sutures on top of her head started draining tonight and look very irritated. A culture was taken and results should be back by Monday. They have cleaned the area with saline and we're keeping bacitracin ointment on it for now. Please pray that we do not develop any infections, be it UTI or staph of some sort with the drainage. Looking forward to a weekend full of great gains and no infections!

13 comments:

  1. Summer, I will be praying for all of your petitions. I continue to pray for Lettie's miracle! I have been thanking God for Lettie. She is so special as I am sure you know. Thank you God for creating Lettie. Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer and Mark, We have been praying for Lettie and you several times a day and miss being able to see you in Nashville. We are thrilled to see the progress Lettie is making. It's amazing to see the work of God. Will continue to be in prayer for all your requests for Lettie. We will be going to Knoxville in the AM to see our family there and the Brittons will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. You guys are totally an inspiration to everyone who keeps up with the information regaring Lettie's recovery and how strong your and Mark's faith has been. We know that Jack and Copper will be so thrilled to have everyone back home so they can love on you daily. We are so happy to have been blessed to meet you. God bless! Love and prayers, Windy and Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for no infections and improvement every day for sweet Lettie Bug. We love her & all of you. LeaAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping Lettie is having a good night. Will continue to pray for her not to get any infections or seizures. Also praying that she does well coming off the keto diet and back on to normal food again. Have a peaceful night, all of you. God is good and always watching over Lettie.
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer,
    I pray for you guys relentlessly! Remind Mark to give you my message!
    Hang tight, stay strong. God has all of you in the palm of His hand.

    Gos Bless....
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer, when I saw your comment on our blog in my email, I cried my way through it. I am SO sorry I have been absent from commenting lately. We have been very 'unplugged' lately. I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that I have not relented at all in my prayers for sweet Lettie and your family in spite of my commenting absence. Quite the opposite. Dan was in the hospital almost a week before he was set free, and there was not a moment that I stood in that room with him that I did not think of you and what you have been going through. Knowing the pain of what it was like to watch him suffer so could not compare to what you have been walking through with your sweet baby. I have wept and pleaded before the throne for Lettie to be set free for the glory of the Lord HERE on earth to testify of the power of the holy and mighty name of Jesus Christ with her ABUNDANT LIFE! Our hearts have been so heavy as the reality of him being gone sinks more and more in everyday, on top of our circumstances with Ansley, so I thank you so much for the sweet understanding you showed of why Ive been absent. I have still been reading, and most definately still been pleading for you and your sweet girl. I was moved beyond words to see that the Lord has used me as a vessel to speak to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious family all.day.long. I had seen that people from this site were looking at our blog and I wasnt sure if it was you, or just someone else clicking on it, but I was so thankful to see that you knew the reason why I hadnt been commenting and that I didnt just disappear for no reason. Our circumstances are so very different, and I would never try to say that I know where you are, bc I havent been through it.. I just know what it is like to have your baby girl's brain be far from 'normal' and the pain that comes with that. I know what it is like to try to balance the seesaw of pleading with hope and courage before the throne for a healing that ONLY the power of God can accomplish, but also living with.. and balancing.. the reality that I must be a peace with knowing He may not chose to heal her and what the facts of her disorder and future may be. I have cried with you, REJOICED.. esp. seeing her left side movement recently.. OH MY GRACIOUS!!!! I was trembling when I read that post.. He gave just enough of His power to give you and Mark the hope and courage of knowing how limitless He is so that you would press on more and call on Him with belief that He will do ANYTHING He wants!! Oh my goodness, praise you limitless Father!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was reading last nights 'evening' of Spurgeons Morning and Evening devotional and knew I had to share it with you.. Romans 8:28 "For we know that for those who love God all things work together for good." (Upon some points a believer is absolutely sure. He knows, for instance, that God sits in the center of the vessel when it rocks the most. He believes that an invisible hand is always on the world's tiller, and that wherever providence may drift, God is steering it. That reassuring knowledge prepares him for everything. He looks over the raging waters and sees the spirit of Jesus walking on the water, and he hears a voice saying, "It is I-do not be afraid." He knows too that God is always wise, and knowing this, he is confident that there can be no accidents, no mistakes and that nothing can occur that ought not to happen...So far everything has worked for good; the poisonous drugs mixed in proper proportions have effected the cure; the sharp cuts of the scalpel have cleaned out the disease and facilitated the healing. Every event as yet has worked out the most divinely blessed results; and so, believing that God rules all, the He governs wisely, that He brings good out of evil, the believers hearts is assured, and he is learning to meet each trial calmy when it comes...) I hope that gives your heart courage and hope. It did mine. I was thinking of Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." I pray your room will be a tower of protection for you to retreat to in spite of monitors, beeps or nurse comings and goings. Lord Jesus, stand in the way of seizures Lord for Lettie. Show your might and power. Turn your favor upon this family and shower down mercy and healing upong Lettie. I pray Lord, that your mighty hand of protection would be placed on Letties head, in protection against infection and protection from seizures. Lord, I pray that your presence would be felt by Summer and Mark as they sit in their room. I pray you would continue to show yourself in her left side movement and continue to give Summer and Mark the hope to press on with strength. They are walking so faithfully to you and I pray that you would shower blessings of peace over them. I pray you would provide for Letties needs according to the abundance of your grace. Give strength to her body, give sleep and naps to her body, give her an appetite, Lord to eat. Lord, I pray by the name of Jesus Christ that you wold give her the daily bread she needs Lord and that you would bring about a resolution quickly to the difficulty with her food and diet. Thank you, Lord. Bring rest to Summer and Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer,

    I hope next week will be a turning point for Colette and that she will be ready to make that next chapter in her life. Can't wait to see her. I hope that she has a great week and every thing goes her way. Your in my prayers today and forever.

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I listen to the music that you have provided, as I cry because He is so great, and cry because of what you are going through, I am reminded of the POWEr of the Savior, and I pray that He will reward your faithfulness to Him with healing for your precious child. I pray for you, Summer, as you dedicate your life to her care, and for your other children. For your husband as he is apart from you, and for your family who craves being with you. I wish I could tell you why things happen, but our Father knows. May you be tremendously at peace. Keep posting so we know how to pray. Louise Barnes,Sweetwater

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying....Patti Brown, Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, our dear gracious, Jesus, for your continued touch on your Lettie! Thank you for answering the specific prayer about the Keto-diet and the Drs. understanding! We specifically uplift the prayer to totally cease any seizures in the name of our saviour, Jesus! Your holy peace that passes all understaning envelop Summer and Mark! In Jesus Name.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm praying for y'all. Praying tomorrow starts the beginning of the last week @ rehab. Hopefully this time next week you'll be home w/Lettie! Praying God's will be done in Lettie...praying for recovery, healing, & great progress.Summer & Mark continuing to pray for peace,strength,endurance,patience,wisdom & BLESSINGS for you both & your family. You two are such a strong witness for the Lord & your faith has touched all of us! The Lord will bless your obedience! Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  13. I continue to pray for you and your family. I specifically pray that Lettie does well while weaning off of her keto diet.
    Laura P

    ReplyDelete