Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One Full Day Left

We have one full day of rehab left here in Atlanta. I cannot believe we're finally heading home. We continue to struggle so much with feeding. She just doesn't want to eat anything. Please pray for an easier time with feeding. Not much more to report today. We continue to work hard on physical gains and it is slow but praying more will come soon. Our biggest concern is the feeding. We have to be able to get more food in her along with her meds. Praise God we have had no more seizures though! I had to wake her up today for one of her therapy sessions and she was very startled. It took her awhile to calm down so I pray God will continue to put a halt on any seizures that start in her brain. He has the power to prevent the seizures and I pray that is in His plan for us.
A special thank you to Ms. Linda from our church for the adorable ladybug Bible she sent Lettie. It is precious.

16 comments:

  1. You are always in my prayers- all of you. LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Summer. When you get home and need anything please let me know 679-3410, We love you all.
    Jeff, Cheryl, Anna, Abbi, and Logan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about Lettie and your family on facebook and have been praying for all of you for weeks. I can't imagine the journey that you are on, but I know that God is with you. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about your return home. I want to give you plenty of time to get settled in but know you can call me if you need anything. This is a day that we have all been praying for and waiting to see. What a glorious day it will be!! Love you! Greta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still praying for Lettie's miracle. Jesus I Trust in You! Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proverbs 3:3-4 "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will favor and a good name in the sight of God.."
    Lord Jesus, I know Summer and Mark have found favor in your sight because of their faithfulness to you. I pray Lord that every morning when they wake, your words would flood their hearts and minds to bring peace and assurance of your provision for the day ahead. I pray especially Lord for Summer as she soon goes back into caring for all 3 kids at home. I pray that you would romance her to YOUR love and faithfulness towards her to care for her and supply her with all she needs for each day. I pray that the enemy would be bound from their home in the name of Jesus Christ from any feelings that are not coming from you and do not lead to LIFE. I pray that you would bring each fruit of your spirit to her heart daily as she cares for the kids and the new responsibilities. I pray for you to give immense love in her heart that gives her such joy! You have already told us in your word that you have given us peace and leave it with us, so I claim it now for Summer to have in the coming days with the kids at home. I pray especially that she would have the peace of knowing you are no less in control than when the hospital staff are a button away. Give Summer an awareness of your presence like never before that her heart is so flooded with the peace of your presence and protection that her spirit is at rest. I pray that you would give her incredible patience as she lovingly cares for all of Letties needs. Especially feeding, Lord. I pray for Summer and Mark both to have the spirit of patience when it can be so challenging to feed Lettie. I also pray the spirit of patience and love to overcome Jack and Cooper as they welcome Lettie and Summer back home. That they would also be filled with your joy that they want to do anything they can to be helpful. Lord, may their home be filled with your kindness and goodness in a tangible way. Thank you for your faithfulness that is unending. I wanted to share Luke 18 with you as the Lord led me to it. The first vs says " Then Jesus told them.. they should always pray and not give up." It's the parable of the persistent widow. He is timely is his deliverance of Lettie. Thank you, Jesus that Lettie has not another seizure. Stand in the way precious Lord! May your blood be spilled out over her in protection against them by the holy and powerful name of Jesus Christ. And Lord I plead before you to give Lettie an appetite. Lay your hand over her Lord to tell her to eat. You care for her more than the sparrows Lord, and you provide for them to eat. And we know, Lord that you word says you care so much more for Lettie, so you WILL provide for her needs. And not just provide Lord, but your word says you will provide in the abundance of the riches of Christ! Open Letties mouth to receive her daily bread, Lord. Lord Jesus, all you require is faith of a mustard seed to be planted in the sea and it will obey and Summer and Mark have infinitely MORE faith than that. As they stand on your word alone, Lord I pray now Lord that you would burst through this trial to bring about showers of blessing and mercy and healing for sweet Lettie, Lord. Rain your healing touch over her brain Lord. Call it to life Jesus by your power, by your sacrifice, by your holy, holy name. You are able, Lord! We believe in a full and complete healing for Lettie Lord only by your power. Please honor Summer and Marks pleas as they stand on your truth and claim it for the world to see. Show the world the strength of your limitless power through Letties healing. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a whole team of people praying for Lettie here in Florence, Al. God is still in the miracle business. Just believe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying....Patti Brown, KNoxville

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that this part of the journey is almost over for all of you. Now God has laid a new path for you to walk in by faith and active waiting. I am praying that you will be lead to the most appropriate feeding therapy group that Knoxville has to offer. I commit to you that I will do my very best in working with Lettie to help her maximaze her God-given potential. Cathy Taylor said she is ready to hear from you to make the changes you will need in her IFSP. Go forward in faith with your face to the SON!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the last day is productive and calm...time to pack up and come home !!

    I pray that Lettie can be put in her familiar high chair at home and eat and eat!!

    Let us know if we can do anything to help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer,

    We will be praying for you on your trip home for an uneventful trip and for her continued progress. Lettie has made amazing progress and she will continue doing this with the Lord watching over her and the rest of your family. She is an amazing little girl. YOU are a wonderful mother and don't ever forget that. If you need anything, please let me know.

    Angela Seaton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer, With Lettie spending her last day in rehab I have been praying she will continue making progress, especially with her eating. I know this is big concern for you. I have read your comments for this last day and it seems you have so many people who are willing to be of help to you. As I have told you before, if I am ever in trouble I want Rob and Jordan to be on my praying team. How inspirational this young couple are - truly they have spent lots of time in the presence of God. I felt His Holy Spirit last night as I read their posting. With friends like this you are tuly blessed.

    We continue to pray for Lettie, you, Mark and the rest of the family. I know God is going to do a great work in Lettie. God bless you and we love you.

    Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. We continued to praise Jesus for His continued touch on your Lettie! So thankful that you will be HOME tomorrow. Our continued prayers for strength, peace, healing, And Lettie able to eat! Your family is so loved! God's continued Grace on you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer,

    Tomorrow will be a hard day for you when you leave your comfort zone, but with great power from above and with your strong faith you will be able to handle this next journey with Colette. Great things are ahead. Tomorrow when you walk out that door smile big and say thank you GOD COLETTE AND I CAN DO THIS. Have a safe trip home. Your in my prayer now and forever.

    Love,

    Patty

    Love,

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Little Lettie - Jeremy,Emma and I wish you the best of luck when you get home! You are such a precious little girl and we will be praying for you and your entire family! We will keep in contact with you and updated in your journey ahead -- we so have faith that you will make wonderful strides in the days ahead! You guys have a safe and Happy trip home -- we will be thinking of you guys!!
    Nikki Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer,
    I continue to pray for sweet Lettie and your entire family. I'm so glad and happy for you and Lettie to be heading home after being away for so long. I pray that Lettie's appetite returns soon. Praying for strength and comfort for you and Lettie as you leave rehab tomorrow. Everything will be alright. God will be leaving with you, and he'll be with you guys always. Love you, little Lettie! We are expecting big things from you in the days to come.
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete