Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday, Monday

Busy day, as usual...still doing about the same. The doctors dropped our morning dose of klonopin so we just have an evening dose. When she woke up from her morning nap she was extremely startled and her eyes were out of control going back and forth. She went into the position of a seizure but never went into one. We think it's her adjusting to the loss of the morning dose of klonopin. We told the drs. about it but they agree we need to wean off it like Dr. Paolicchi had recommended. Other that the startling with a few other naps the day was good. She got to eat some peas tonight with butter, of course, but seemed to like them a little better than the green beans. We start at 8am and end at 3:30 so I need to get some sleep. Gotta get her meds and food in her before speech so that's a job in itself. Finally, making some new friends and hopefully sharing with them how God has impacted our lives and will be there for them as well. Handing over my daily struggles to the Lord and trying my best to allow Him to lead the way! Thanks to the many cards we continue to get and packages! We love them all.

10 comments:

  1. I was made aware of your family on Facebook.....a friend of mine had posted a link to your blog. I have been reading it and praying for you. I can't get your family off my mind. I pray God gives little Lettie much healing and the strength she needs. And may God give you the strength you need to be by her side daily.
    Prayers from McKinney, TX~
    Jennifer Willoughby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you have a good night's rest and a great day tomorrow! You are loved and prayed for by SO MANY people. We serve a wonderful God who hears all those prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying tomorrow is a good day of progress for Lettie! Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying for great big smiles to return and daily progress. Hang in there, Lettie keep fighting better days are coming.

    Size :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer, You are such an amazing Mom. May God Bless you for being so faithful to your children as He is faithful to each of us. YOU are such an inspiring witness. We are continuing to pray for you, Lettie, your family and all medical team members involved. You've made me a better prayer warrior. Sending you lots and lots of love from East TN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to do embroidery. I seem to be adding lady bugs to each piece I do. I can't get Lettie out of my mind. I guess I don't really want her out of my mind because she stays in my prayers. My prayers are with the entire family. Love and Prayers from the Lankfords, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Staying with you in prayer daily!!! Praying God allows Lettie to adjust miraculously to the med reduction! Praying and believing she will continue to eat well! Praying for rest for you in the few moments you have to close your eyes...supernatural sustaining hands lifting you up day to day! Praying for those He puts in your path to have an open heart and spirit to His testimony and glory! Sending you tons of love today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Tues. eve, finally got to read the blog. It's been crazy at work. But, I have you in my thoughts constantly. I'm so glad to read that Monday was a good day. I hope today was also. As I look at the number of people following your blog it amazes me. When I first became a follower on the blog there were four of us. Now 154, and what, over a thousand on facebook? You have touched so many lives with your blog and your everlasting faith in the Lord. The new friends you are making are so lucky to know you and Lettie. I've said it before, God is working his miracles through Lettie. She and He have changed so many lives and will continue to do so for the rest of her life. Several weeks ago I had a dream that Lettie was in the office for her 4 year old check up. She was in an adorable dress, pink little glasses and had a walker just to steady herself rounding the corner of Dr. B's hallway to pick out a sticker. I know this will come true and I can't wait to see it happen!
    Tonight I pray that Lettie adjusts to the new klonopin schedule, to move her left side independent of her right side, and for her to continue to tolerate the keto diet as best as she can! Love you guys, Candi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer,
    I'm still praying for little Lettie. She has touched so many hearts. My prayer is still the same as always, to continue being seizure-free, to have full movement and feeling on her left side, for her brain to be fully awake, and for her to be able to eat and drink w/o a problem. Also, for peace, encouragement, and comfort for all of you. God is so good, He always comes through! Love to Lettie!
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer, you have been so much on my mind for the last two days...I know it must have been hard for you to see your mom and Jack and Cooper leave on Sunday! I am praying for you - praying for both emotional and physical strength, for energy, for comfort and peace, and that today you will see the power of God through Lettie's healing and through those whose lives you are now touching at the rehab center in Atlanta. I pray that you feel the strength of God's arms wrapped tightly around you. You have been so strong standing by Lettie for so long now since her surgery and in leading the prayer warriors in specifics to pray for for your precious Lettie Bug. There are so many of us praying for you, Summer, lifting you up daily to our Gracious, Loving, Merciful Father. We also will not leave you, but will be standing in support waiting on God with you. "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 In Christ's Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete