Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekend update

Lettie has had a pretty good weekend. She has worked hard in therapy and had some visitors which was nice. The doctor started her on an antibiotic tonight for a possible UTI. Her head is still draining some on the top sutures but so far the culture has grown nothing, which is good. Her PT sessions are going much better, less crying and fussing from Lettie. As long as we have no unforeseen events we are still scheduled to go home on Thursday. We have to do a community outing to practice getting in and out of the car and stroller. I'm not sure what day we have to do this, but things are moving forward. We are still weaning off the keto diet and praying for no seizures to return! Praise God that we have not seen any so far. She still isn't eating as well as she used to but she tightens her lips before we ever get the food to her mouth. I think she doesn't trust us anymore and thinks we're trying to trick meds into her, which is pretty close to the truth. We pray eating gets better and she transitions well off this diet.
I got to take Coop to the American Girl Cafe this weekend and Mark took Jack to a Braves game. It was a lot fun for all of us! Hopefully next weekend we all be together at our Home Sweet Home!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome update, Summer! I'm so glad Lettie is progressing with the therapy! We are praying for you guys day and night. I'll be praying too that nothing goes wrong to prevent you from going home, the UTI, drainage & food intake. Love, LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys are so close to home! It sounds like Lettie is making really good slow and steady progress! We will continue to pray the UTI clears up quickly, she'll get over the food aversion, and the drainage will improve.

    Evan is still having drainage as well, but its gotten less and less and the spots have gotten smaller. That "T" spot on top was the worst for a while and then one spot on the side incision where I think he scatched it. The drainage occurs primarily when he gets fussy. The docs told me this increases the pressure in his head and causes that wound fluid to ooze. When it gets wet at bath time, it gets a little gooey too. Let me know what they tell you on it. For now, we aren't putting anything on Evan's spots, so if the ointment works, maybe we need to try that!

    We're continuing to keep you in our prayers. Blessing and peace to you guys, and (as always), call if you need anything!!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful update! Still praying for the eating, UTI and that all goes smoothly for your discharge. Take care you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still praying for all of you and for your sweet little Lettie. My husband and children are always praying for Lettie too. We remembered her tonight in our family prayers. May God bless you during this week of transition. Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you all had a great weekend. My prayers continue for all of you as well as the specific request for Lettie. I know being home together again will be so sweet, praying for a smooth outing & transition back home.
    Love in Christ,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRAYING....p. bROWN, kNOXVILLE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer/Mark, when you feel up to it and are ready I would love to have you in on the morning show. We here at the station and so many of our listeners are praying for you guys and would love to hear from you when you can... I now its far from over but along the way the God moments and miracles you have already seen speak Truth!
    Still praying and believing,
    Marisa
    Love89
    marisa@love89.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danny and Dina LongAugust 9, 2010 at 6:13 PM

    GREAT NEWS! It sounds like Lettie is improving pretty good. That's awesome you got to get out for a bit with the kids! I have a couple of things for Lettie, I'll mail it to home instead of down there. Continued prayers for a home sweet home reunion for you guys. Yell if you need any personal PT to go along with your OT, Danny can do a house call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are still praying for Lettie everyday, the twins ask everyday to look at the blog and see how she is improving. we are praying for her to eat better and to have no infections and still for a complete healing for her. If you guys need any thing at all when you get home please let us know. Our God is an Awesome God!! Nothing is too
    BIG for him. Love Valorie Fortuna

    ReplyDelete