Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

We had a good weekend! That feels so good to say (or type). Lettie is still seizure free so today makes 5 weeks! Praise God for that blessing and we pray He continues to bless us with no seizures. She is slowly but surely acting more like her old self, which is so refreshing. She has smiled a lot this weekend and babbled a ton. I love to hear those sounds! Tomorrow I have to take her to East TN Children's hospital for a renal ultrasound and another test I can't remember the name of, to check her kidneys and make sure the UTI is gone and that everything is working properly. The tests shouldn't take too long so pray for good results and that the UTI has cleared up. We also have an appt with our rehab doctor tomorrow afternoon so I hope that goes well and she has some good input for us. Busy day with Lettie...as usual!
We spent most of the weekend conquering what I would called organized chaos in our house. My mom came by today to help me finish up and it took all day! That sounds so terrible as I post this so please don't think we live like pigs but living in my "one room apartment" for so long at Vandy and then in Atlanta caused me to accumulate too much stuff and the other half of my family has a lot of trouble putting things back where they found them. I'm sure many, many of you mothers out there completely understand what I'm talking about! Gotta love them though cause life would be so boring and "clean" without them. It sure makes life interesting.

8 comments:

  1. Summer so glad to hear you guys had a great weekend and wonderful news to be seizure free for 5 weeks! You do not have to tell me anything about these "one bedroom apartments" I looked around today and thought how in the world are we going to get all this stuff in one car and where did it all come from? Not to mention the house when we get home! Praying great news on Lettie's test tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that You all had such a good weekend. Extremely glad that there are no seizures. Two of my daughters had to have renal ultrasounds. the youngest is due for another one at Childrens in the next few weeks. Dr. Ridden her urologist. They will be looking at Lettie's kidneys and at the caps at the top of her urethra to make sure they are closing and not letting urine backflow into her kidneys, is my guess. The techs that do the procedure (which is not particuarly pleasant) are really nice and gentle and FAST! I hope both of your appointments go well tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you two and praying for good reports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news about Lettie making lots of sounds! And being mire like herself!! I have Bern praying specifically for exactly that lately. Praise God! Praying for good test results today also! Love u guys.
    LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for a happy, more normal weekend for you! I understand completely about the chaotic house -- it is just my husband and I now and I can't believe how things just happen to stack up...but, it feels so good to get it put away! I am praying for Lettie's appts today to yield good results and not to be too hard on her. Also, continuing to pray for increased ease of feeding and more controlled movement on Lettie's left side. Praise the Lord for the absence of the seizures!! I am so glad that you are back home with the whole family!! God is AWESOME! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for the good report. I so excited to hear the smiles are starting to return. Praying hard that the doc visits go well and continued improvement!

    Size :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We am so excited to hear that Lettie is continuing to improve. What wonderful news! It's funny that when you were talking about getting things back in order I completely pictured what that would be like... having a bunch of stuff you have to integrate back into your house. It's hard! We completely understand how that is! And all of us moms completely understand what it's like to come home to your family who's been on their own for a while! Even if they do a good job it's not like we do for them! I'm sure they're just glad to have you and Lettie home! You're doing what's important... taking care of the PEOPLE!
    Gennie W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer, This is wonderful news! Lettie is so cute! And so are Jack and Cooper! We still pray every day for all of you --- and I find myself waking up in the night praying too. It always feels good to get the stuff put away - but don't let it get you down. It's stuff. (It took me a long time to realize that.) You are an amazing Mom and such a blessing to so many - especially me (and my family). Sending you lots and lots of love from East TN...

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOD is soooo good!!! praying that Lettie just keeps on smiling and improving! Patti Brown, Knoxville

    ReplyDelete